English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 28 December 2015, 17:41   #21
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

You can set the Max Transfer value in HDToolbox -> Partition drive -> Advanced Options. Confirm the new entered value for each partition with the enter key and save it. And yes, you should copy all files again. They are probably already corrupted.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 28 December 2015 at 17:59.
Old 28 December 2015, 20:22   #22
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Thank you, games working again after I set up the correct Maxtrasnfer.

R-Type 2 does not work with the 2nd button even when using the NOVBRMOVE option.

I don't know if I should keep trying with other games or you guys have any other idea. What's really annoying is that both R-Type 2 and Apidya had 2 button support WITHOUT using WHDLoad... just like Turrican 3... but 2nd button is working on Turrican 3 and not on those games. It's also working on Battle Squadron.
Old 28 December 2015, 20:34   #23
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yes, there are a few games with official 2-button support which doesn't work properly as WHDLoad patched games. Try another 2-button controller/CD32 controller or submit a bug on Mantis for the specific games and ask if it's possible to support your controller, MD pad right?

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 28 December 2015 at 20:40.
Old 31 December 2015, 14:04   #24
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Yeah, MD Pad.

I also have a 6 button Master System pad, I only used it once since I am not sure how the extra buttons work (This was made for a specific brazilian master system version.. it has a START button that actually works like the console PAUSE button (it has no pause button on the console and this start button only works on this specific version of the console, not on the classic Master System consoles). A and B are button 1 and C is button 2. X, Y and Z is used just to reset the console .. you press all three and the console goes back to initial screen (This one has no cartridge slot, but it has lots of games on its internal rom).

I could not find any pinout schematic for this controller, so I am not sure it's safe to use it on amiga. One interesting thing is that it works like a Master System controller even on SMS games that are incompatible with the Mega-Drive controller (like the Wonder Boy games). So whatever the Mega-Drive controller does that makes it behave strangely on those games, this controller does not.

But even with this controller, games with 2 button support weren't working.
Old 31 December 2015, 14:10   #25
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

No Sega controller. I mean a Atari style compatible stick/pad, e.g. i use a Tecno Plus TP511 and a Honeybee CD32 controller. Both works fine where the Mega Drive pad fails for specific WHDLoad games which have native 2-button support.
Old 31 December 2015, 14:48   #26
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Problem is to find a 2 button Atari stick around here.

Though I am nearly 100% sure the 2 button Atari and the Master System pinout are identical.
Old 31 December 2015, 15:08   #27
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yes, the original Sega Master System pad is 100% compatible as it seems. The D-pad is horrible though.
Old 03 January 2016, 03:27   #28
earok

A few more added to the list, thanks to the recent batch of releases by Abaddon
Old 03 January 2016, 03:57   #29
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Yes, the original Sega Master System pad is 100% compatible as it seems. The D-pad is horrible though.
I have one of those here but it's not responding at all, none of the directions or the buttons.

I'm thinking about ripping apart its cable and build an arcade controller with it, to use it with the Amiga.
Old 07 January 2016, 01:44   #30
earok

Another slave added to the list, Dyna Blaster by Psygore
Old 06 May 2018, 21:03   #31
jotd
This cat is no more

You can add Shadow of the Beast 3 and Z-out too
Old 06 May 2018, 21:59   #32
earok

eep, don't know how I forgot SOTB3, will get right on that
Old 08 May 2018, 01:11   #33
earok

Added: After the War and Astro Marine Corps
Old 20 May 2018, 20:42   #34
jotd
This cat is no more

you can add Alien Breed too.
And Silkworm new release gets a "arcade mode" controls for the jeep: blue button to jump, move cannon with joystick only.
Old 21 May 2018, 04:53   #35
earok

Alien Breed was on there already (due to the blue button support for Intex terminal) but I've updated it to say "extensive CD32 pad support".

For Silkworm, is that for the 1.4 release that's already on the page, or is there a new release coming?
Old 21 May 2018, 07:25   #36
Solo Kazuki

You can "extract" some games from this list:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=57540
Old 21 May 2018, 20:54   #37
jotd
This cat is no more

@earok 1.5 is about to be published. I played with the jeep yesterday, and after a few minutes getting used to it, it's really better because (like Toki) you don't risk jumping when you didn't want to.

@Solo Kazuki: maybe time for a Google docs spreadsheet.
Old 23 May 2018, 06:11   #38
earok

@JOTD spotted Thexder and added it to the list well done

I was recently sent a couple of requests lately for second button hacks - Stunt Car Racer and Super Hang On, both of them so that accelerate was on a button rather than "up" (both of them currently use the fire button for turbo).

I'm not sure if he was specifically after an ADF fix (a few people do prefer ADFs still for various reasons) but I figured in either case they could be worthwhile patches for the respective WHDLoad slaves, if you were looking for more tasks in that area

Edit: IMO the best way to play a racing game on a CD32 pad would be able to accelerate or brake from the forward and reverse buttons respectively, though that's obviously no good for someone who just wants to play on a Mega Drive or other two button pad..

Last edited by earok; 23 May 2018 at 06:32.
Old 23 May 2018, 15:53   #39
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Edit: IMO the best way to play a racing game on a CD32 pad would be able to accelerate or brake from the forward and reverse buttons respectively, though that's obviously no good for someone who just wants to play on a Mega Drive or other two button pad..
The only reason this has become a thing in more modern consoles is because those controllers have proportional/analog triggers there where you can control throttle/break power.

If you don't have such a control, might as well use any button.
Old 23 May 2018, 20:26   #40
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
The only reason this has become a thing in more modern consoles is because those controllers have proportional/analog triggers there where you can control throttle/break power.

If you don't have such a control, might as well use any button.
I disagree. The advantage of shoulder buttons is they're easier to use simultaneously with face buttons. So if you've got a game with accelerate and say Turbo, Gear Shift or Shoot (such as the two examples I gave), it's easier using your index finger and your thumb to press both rather than position your thumb to press both at once.