English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 28 May 2008, 12:31   #1
Claude666

The Lord of Misrule Trailer

Good morning Amiga dudes!

If you would care to check out the trailer for The Lord of Misrule PC game which is in production now. Any feedback, suggestions and comments are much appreciated.
Thanks for your support guys!

[ Show youtube player ]

http://thelordofmisrule.net

Old 28 May 2008, 19:11   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

personally the title bites me; it sounds very cheap, in my very honest opinion. Other than that, what are you expecting to get feedback about? The "trailer" is not a trailer but a teaser, you see nothing of the game, only a few stills. You get nothing of the story, only a hint that it is about some game that is evil. The music seems out of place for the kind of game that it supposedly is, it is a nice tune but it doesn't fit.

Show a trailer where you can actually see some gameplay!
Old 28 May 2008, 21:54   #3
Claude666

Who ever stated we wanted feedback on the trailer? We want feedback from anybody who has ever had anything to do with creating a game before....

It would be quite difficult to create a trailer with actual game footage seen as........dah dah dahhhhh.....we don't have any yet lol.

It would be interesting to see perhaps some screen shots, a website or a teaser/trailer that you have created in the past seen as you seem to know how to create perfect ones.

In my very honest opinion I would say you had nothing better to do than sit infront of your screen and tear as many people down in these forums as you can, other than giving support to people in the industry, and judging by EVERY one of your other negative posts I would say you really are a 'java retard' minus the java of course.

Have a great day and speak to you soon
Old 28 May 2008, 22:03   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I see. Well good luck to you sir, next time state that you only want positive comments in stead of honest ones.

Quote:
I would say you had nothing better to do than sit infront of your screen and tear as many people down in these forums as you can
But do be smart about what you say, you are spewing lies here without the possibility of every providing a single shred of proof. I do not tear people down in these forums, I never have and I never will.
Old 28 May 2008, 22:11   #5
Claude666

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I see. Well good luck to you sir, next time state that you only want positive comments in stead of honest ones.
Constructive comments, gimbal, constructive. Your remarks could be read into as being rude. They served no purpose, you simply wrote negative comments and did not offer any ways in which we could improve the angles you pointed out.

Yes you say make a trailer with actual game play, but seen as we dont have any, can you perhaps offer any other constructive advice?

Last edited by Claude666; 28 May 2008 at 22:19.
Old 28 May 2008, 22:49   #6
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Something mildly constructive

In the text it says "the worlds hardest game"

It should read "the world's hardest game"

Not very helpful I admit but good luck with it none the less!
Old 28 May 2008, 23:04   #7
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Your remarks could be read into as being rude.
I have no control over what you choose to feel, do or believe so don't go around saying it is my fault when you do perceive something as rude, that is your personal opinion and therefore your own responsibility. I hope you will do the right thing though and not feel that way, since it was never intended. But don't worry, you cannot insult me with mere words, so no harm done.

Quote:
We want feedback from anybody who has ever had anything to do with creating a game before....
about what? You give no design document, no ideas, no concept, no nothing. That is my constructive comment for today.
Old 28 May 2008, 23:26   #8
Marcuz

lo! and i thought that it was a piece of comedy...
it should be The Lord of Mislead...

To have constructive comment, you should give something to comment aboout
Old 29 May 2008, 10:44   #9
Claude666

ok, thanks for the comments. if i was to add a page onto the site titled something like 'concept', and basically uploaded everything we had so far, and the design document so far, this would be a good idea? that's what we are here for...to get feedback and ideas, not to be ripped apart lol.
sorry about the terrible typing on this post, im on my hand held....

thanks
Old 29 May 2008, 10:52   #10
Marcuz

ok so we just have started with the wronf foot. and by we, i mean you
My serious suggestion is this: if you believe in your project, you shouldn't bother asking suggestion or ideas; not at this stage at least. you'll have time later for finetuning.
if it has some value, the game will find its own public.

If instead you need ideas to build the project of which you have just the concept, i'm sorry but the only way is to share the concept, else, people doesn't know what is even talking about.

good luck!
Old 29 May 2008, 11:17   #11
Claude666

sorry im confused...your last post....you are suggesting we do upload what we have??
Old 29 May 2008, 11:26   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

Good luck claude666

I hope the game is created and successful for you and your team!
Old 29 May 2008, 11:36   #13
Claude666

Thanks for the support bippym.

I guess judging by the other posts, we should not really post asking for advice and feedback until the project has something playable, that should keep the lions and tigers sweet lol
Old 29 May 2008, 11:54   #14
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude666 View Post
sorry im confused...your last post....you are suggesting we do upload what we have??
no i'm not suggesting that, i'm telling you that reading what you have written and at the teaser, your best bet is not asking for suggestions or ideas now, but to go on with the production, because, frankly, that's how a thing - any creative thing and any thing - is ever done.

the only reason to ever ask for ideas, is when, at the very start of a project, you need rough guidelines for your work, but in that case, if you want people to help you - and i have not ever implyed that you should, particularly - you have to open to them what in detail you want ideas about. so far you haven't, so my suggestion remains the first. just work and don't mind about people' ideas.
Old 29 May 2008, 15:24   #15
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Actually I do have some constructive advice to offer, would you still accept it after I hurt your feelings with my honest yet overreacted criticism?

It is not my advice actually, it is a collection of articles aimed at common mistakes that beginning game developers make, found here:

http://scientificninja.com/category/advice

These articles can really open your mind and your eyes to some very basic but understandable mistakes that game developers make, especially this one:

http://scientificninja.com/advice/wr...es-not-engines

Ignore it, benefit from it, I leave it up to you. I certainly gained a lot of sense by reading these little gems.