English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 March 2004, 13:04   #1
anathema

Question about Picasso drivers

I've just installed WinUAE on my new laptop, which has a native LCD resolution of 1400x1050 (weird, I know :-). But the highest full-screen resolution that UAE will show me on the display tab is 1024x768! I know it's capable of more than this, since I run it at 1600x1200 on my main system...

I've tried editing the config file by hand, which works, but as soon as the Picasso96 driver loads, UAE snaps back to 1024x768. ScreenMode prefs also restricts me to the same resolution.

Is this a specific limitation in the drivers/UAE, or a bug? The laptop's graphic chip is a Radeon IGP320M and supports resolutions of up to 2048x1536.

Old 10 March 2004, 13:46   #2
RetroMan

Try to add the Resolution manually in the PICASSO97PREFS in your Prefs Folder on AmigaOS
Old 10 March 2004, 23:59   #3
anathema

Quote:
Originally posted by RetroMan
Try to add the Resolution manually in the PICASSO97PREFS in your Prefs Folder on AmigaOS
I don't have that file.

Do you mean 'Picasso96Mode'? I tried that, but it wouldn't let me add any modes.

Old 11 March 2004, 00:44   #4
RetroMan

Uhm, sorry, of course PICASSO96MODE and it WILL let you add screenmodes

Just use Drag&Drop .... first click on the symbol on the top left, hold the mouse button pressed down and move the "item" into the resolutions box ..... after that you can alter the resolution by hand in the box below and the drag the resolution to the right into that box and alter the setting described in the box below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p96mode.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	6550  
Old 11 March 2004, 04:35   #5
anathema

Quote:
Uhm, sorry, of course PICASSO96MODE and it WILL let you add screenmodes

Just use Drag&Drop .... first click on the symbol on the top left, hold the mouse button pressed down and move the "item" into the resolutions box ..... after that you can alter the resolution by hand in the box below and the drag the resolution to the right into that box and alter the setting described in the box below
That got it, thanks :-)

Old 12 March 2004, 08:34   #6
Jope
-

Quote:
Uhm, sorry, of course PICASSO96MODE and it WILL let you add screenmodes ;)

Just use Drag&Drop .... first click on the symbol on the top left, hold the mouse button pressed down and move the "item" into the resolutions box ..... after that you can alter the resolution by hand in the box below and the drag the resolution to the right into that box and alter the setting described in the box below :)
I'm still baffled as to who thought up that monstrosity.

GUIs should open up intuitively, not by reading the manual.. I was seriously lost the first time I stuck my hands into P96.. :-(

CGX is nicer in that sense, and that's what I run on my Amigas. :-)
Old 13 March 2004, 08:28   #7
anathema

Quote:
Originally posted by Jope
I'm still baffled as to who thought up that monstrosity.

GUIs should open up intuitively, not by reading the manual.. I was seriously lost the first time I stuck my hands into P96.. :-(

CGX is nicer in that sense, and that's what I run on my Amigas. :-)
It is pretty awful, isn't it? I too would much rather run CGX.

Incidentally, does anybody know why the emulated CGX call 'ScalePixelArray()' doesn't actually work correctly? It will scale images horizontally without problems, but the vertical scale simply leaves black lines in the output. Is this a known P96 bug, or something specific to the UAE drivers?