English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 January 2015, 00:57   #1
back2skooldaze

setting up cf card in winuae

Hi can someone please help?
I am following this guide to setting up a 4gig cf card in winuae as an amiga hard drive before transferring to my amiga
http://wiki.abime.net/amigaos_workbench/sfs

I have followed everything right up to the point where i have to change drive type in hdtoolbox I have renamed the file to ram:junk and pressed read configuration and then i click ok and ok again then when i click save changes to drive and i keep getting a winuae message ":generic storage device 0.00 "
block zero write attempt but drive has one or more mounted pc partitions or winuae does not have administrator privileges erase the drive or unmount all pc partitions first ?

I have tried running winuae as administrator and i get the same message? I have also done a quick format of the cf card and still same message?
I can't proceed to the next stage until i get past this and i don't know what to do.Can someone please guide
Old 21 January 2015, 01:21   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Use Diskpart to clean the CF first.

You can see my guide here on how to do that (be very careful not to wipe the wrong drive YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

[ Show youtube player ]

Or failing that you can prepare the CF on a real Amiga first and then do the rest of the install on WinUAE, I also have a tutorial for that:

[ Show youtube player ]

Good luck.