English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 14 December 2009, 00:37   #21
Simmo76

@Eclipse,

Thankyou for that. As you've probably guessed from the extreme lateness of my reply, I completely missed your reply AND the auction... DOH! Although, to be fair the disc(s) would have been of no use to me as sadly I no longer own a working real Amiga... (I use an WinUAEX on Xbox1.)

Again though, thanks for the reply.
Old 16 December 2009, 02:09   #22
Eclipse
Turpentine

It's been re-listed and looks like a few of you want it. I will try my best to get it but I'm a bit short of money being christmas and all so won't promise anything.
If I do win it i will try to ADF it.
If it's protected I'm thinking it would probably be ideal to send it to someone who can remove the protection i.e. Galahad (if they agreed of course).
Then it can be ADF'd and sent to AMR for all to enjoy.
Old 15 November 2010, 20:41   #23
Eclipse
Turpentine

Hi,
I managed to aquire and make an extended ADF of AP13b with the help of Stingray and others from this board.
If anyone wants to play it in a real miggy then I'm going to need to find a way of removing the copy protection and making a standard ADF.

ENJOY!!

EDIT: Wizkid is bizarre, SimBrik I have no idea! SensiStars wtf!
Old 23 November 2010, 21:33   #24
Simmo76

Thanks to all involved with this, but particularly to Eclipse, who took the time and trouble to PM me to let me know this was available in 'The Zone' to D/L.
I got it last week and finally got around to trying it on WinUAEX (v18) tonight...
It works perfectly and Sim Brick still makes me laugh!!!

Thanks again guys for making an old Amigan with a silly sense of humour laugh again...

Simon.
Old 23 November 2010, 23:25   #25
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Hi,
I managed to aquire and make an extended ADF of AP13b with the help of Stingray and others from this board.
If anyone wants to play it in a real miggy then I'm going to need to find a way of removing the copy protection and making a standard ADF.

ENJOY!!

EDIT: Wizkid is bizarre, SimBrik I have no idea! SensiStars wtf!
I'm not even quite sure if it's copy protection - more likely that Wizkid (and possibly Sim Brick?) use MFM data not visible on a standard disk. At least that's how I assumed the Lemmings demo on AF18 worked anyway.
Old 24 November 2010, 01:13   #26
Eclipse
Turpentine

Thanks for the err..thanks
If you think there is a possibility I could make a normal ADF then I'm all ears.
Just tell me how and I'll give it a go. I'd like to put it on AMR as well. (If they ever come back).
Old 24 November 2010, 03:29   #27
MethodGit

We must be getting confused - as far as I know it wouldn't all work correctly on a standard 880kb image. I saw what you were saying about writing back to real disks and I thought "aren't extended ADFs writable anyway?".
Old 24 November 2010, 15:49   #28
Eclipse
Turpentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
We must be getting confused - as far as I know it wouldn't all work correctly on a standard 880kb image. I saw what you were saying about writing back to real disks and I thought "aren't extended ADFs writable anyway?".
Are they?
Old 25 November 2010, 00:26   #29
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

Apologies if I'm being thick. I've read through all of this thread and can't work out if all the outstanding disks have been dumped or if you're still in need of:

45 Disk 2, and 58 Disk 1

I have these in my collection, but will need to pop up to the loft and dig them out (then test them to see if they still work!)
Old 25 November 2010, 00:34   #30
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Neither disk is on the EAB Server so my guess is they are both still wanted but I don't think ADF's can be made of them...
Old 25 November 2010, 04:27   #31
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Neither disk is on the EAB Server so my guess is they are both still wanted but I don't think ADF's can be made of them...
As the games in question (Super Stardust and Pinball Prelude) both used MFM in their full releases, I'd imagine the demo disks would follow suit also. Being demos, they shouldn't have any on-disk protection (unless some companies *did* add copylocks or similar to some demos? Feel free to educate me).

@Eclipse: I always assumed somehow that you could write eADFs to disk, though there may be a chance that I'm wrong on this. Again, if anyone's able to explain it all for forgetful tools such as yours truly...
Old 25 November 2010, 12:00   #32
Eclipse
Turpentine

I know an eADF is about twice the size of a normal ADF so I think it can't be written back.
Is there any programs that can strip MFM or bypass the protection so that an ADF can be made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthazelby View Post
Apologies if I'm being thick. I've read through all of this thread and can't work out if all the outstanding disks have been dumped or if you're still in need of:

45 Disk 2, and 58 Disk 1

I have these in my collection, but will need to pop up to the loft and dig them out (then test them to see if they still work!)
We still need those.

Last edited by Eclipse; 25 November 2010 at 12:12. Reason: Reply to query
Old 27 November 2010, 22:50   #33
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

I'm pretty sure I have Amiga Power 45 Disk 2 (Super Stardust).

I might try dumping it with the KryoFlux and see the results.

I'll let you guys know. Give me a few more days