English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 November 2009, 19:39   #1
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Anybody here the same

Iv'e found a new fasination in the form of Amiga strategy types on Amiga

Looking back to my Amiga days, i enjoyed most types of games on Amiga, but never the more seemingly complicated types.Games like UFO, Sim City etc.Certainly some of them appealed like say K240 but i never managed to get my head around them to be able to fully enjoy the games

Of these types i would normally play easier ones like Supremacy of Deutros and even then i didn't completely take it all in to the point i could confidently play them

Now though i find myself very excited at the idea of playing some of these more in depth games.Although i will likely never be too excited at the prospect of playing Theme Park say, Starlord, K240, UFO, Transarctica all now have me excited and i know there are others too that demand my respect

Transarctica though is what i'm most looking forward to playing out of all of these as the atmosphere is to die for in this game and it looks very unique - i'm hoping it's as good as it all looks to be

I guess the reason i have developed a sudden love for this type of game is because i can now take it all in, what with my brain having aged enough to grasp it i suppose

Anyone here find they too have a new appreciation for Amiga games they never thought they would?
Old 23 November 2009, 21:33   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by plankton View Post
I always liked Transarctica and basically every other Silmarils game everyone else hated. People seemed to have a rigid opinion on what a game should and should not be like so Silmarils' unorthodox approach couldn't penetrate some thick skulls.
most aren't that great as games (Crystals, Ishar trilogy, Metal Mutant) but still draw me in because of their incredible atmosphere. There is always something lacking gameplay-wise to turn the so-so games into good ones.
Old 24 November 2009, 14:53   #3
Jonathan Drain

K240 and UFO were two of my favourite games. I think UFO was once rated the top PC game of all time. The interface is a little clunky by modern standards and the graphics blocky, but still one of the best games even today.

I enjoyed most games I played. You had to be picky when you were a kid with not much money, so we only got games with good reviews. The only games I remember were dull were Team Yankee, 688 Attack Sub (both part of a pack with F-15 Strike Eagle, which was excellent), and some crappy PD games.
Old 27 November 2009, 02:38   #4
Adropac2
Zone Friend

I guess we're all a bit different anyway and i likely just understand better, the more complicated side of games

Hmm iv'e never been all that interested in the Ishar series but then i'm just not all that good at them i suppose- great looking games though