English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 24 August 2017, 11:54   #821
appiah4

Jeff thank you for supporting this hardware really appreciated. Hopefully all these improvements make it out of Alpha phase soon
Old 24 August 2017, 16:17   #822
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by appiah4 View Post
Jeff thank you for supporting this hardware really appreciated. Hopefully all these improvements make it out of Alpha phase soon
Yes, the latest 3.0.24.1a version is pretty stable and have many many improvements since the latest beta version, so i should make it out of alpha phase right now.
But you know, this is like a never ending story, i always would like to add to new nice features and improve the ones already there...
Old 01 September 2017, 11:26   #823
Jeff_HxC2001

I have received the OLED screens yesterday :

http://hxc2001.com/vrac/ssd1306_hxcmiretest.jpg

I can now play a movie on the Gotek... Need to try this later for the fun
Old 01 September 2017, 11:52   #824
demolition
Unregistered User

I hope that you will also support the small 96x32 px OLED screens which can be fitted into the Gotek standard housing in place of the 3 x 7 seg display, although I'm sure that people would also like to be able to use these larger screens in many builds.
Old 01 September 2017, 12:06   #825
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I hope that you will also support the small 96x32 px OLED screens which can be fitted into the Gotek standard housing in place of the 3 x 7 seg display, although I'm sure that people would also like to be able to use these larger screens in many builds.
yes easy... this just need a small config change and a font change. But the Kingstener mod didn't use a 128x32 screen ? The 96x32 is better for this ?
Old 01 September 2017, 15:30   #826
demolition
Unregistered User

You're right, it's the 128x32 screen which fits neatly into the Gotek case cutout.
Old 01 September 2017, 16:49   #827
Amiga1992

Which screen fits in that tiny cutout? I'm interested!
Old 01 September 2017, 21:49   #828
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Which screen fits in that tiny cutout? I'm interested!
128x32 OLED screens like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-91-128x32-...-/302180328999

Here's how it can look:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=790
Old 01 September 2017, 22:04   #829
Keir

Quote:
Note they don't fit in the cutout, they fit behind it, and need a narrow font (Kingstener used 7x16 rather than the more obvious 8x16) to make the full 16x2 character array visible through the cutout.
Old 01 September 2017, 22:08   #830
Jeff_HxC2001

Then the 96x32 is something to try...
Old 01 September 2017, 23:35   #831
Amiga1992

Quote:
Thanks!
It looks great
Old 02 September 2017, 01:13   #832
dJOS

Quote:
Cheers, I just grabbed a few to play with.
Old 02 September 2017, 15:11   #833
turrican9

So I was thinking about something. If we get two floppy drives emulation on one Gotek (DF0: and DF1: ) it would need to have a way of changing between DF0 and DF1 without getting into the boot menu.

Say you have assigned all 11 disks of monkey island 2 to both DF0 and DF1 via the boot menu. You then save and reboot and it will boot Monkey Island 2 Disk 1 from DF0 as usual. Then when all the disk swapping starts as you progress the game you want to change images from the 11 disks on the fly, on both emulated drives. So you would need a way to swtich between DF0 and DF1 on the fly.

This leads me to another question. If I have one physical DF0 Gotek and one physical external DF1 Gotek I would like to be able to boot the selector from DF0 and also access DF1 to assign images to that one as well. I don't think we have this function yet? This function is vital for more than one Gotek in my opinion when it comes to multi disk games, demos or programs.

BTW: Jeff_HxC2001 can you link everything that has to do with Gotek HXC stuff on one page, with everything you released for it. As it is now I get very confused. It may just be me though. Or post a link here where I can access everything released that has to do with Gotek, your firmware and any windows software that has to do with it. Also, is it possible to use the FlashFloppy firmware in the same way I can use the Cortex one on your firmware? If so, sort this out in an easy to find order on a page.

Last edited by turrican9; 02 September 2017 at 15:22.
Old 02 September 2017, 16:39   #834
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
So I was thinking about something. If we get two floppy drives emulation on one Gotek (DF0: and DF1: ) it would need to have a way of changing between DF0 and DF1 without getting into the boot menu.

Say you have assigned all 11 disks of monkey island 2 to both DF0 and DF1 via the boot menu. You then save and reboot and it will boot Monkey Island 2 Disk 1 from DF0 as usual. Then when all the disk swapping starts as you progress the game you want to change images from the 11 disks on the fly, on both emulated drives. So you would need a way to swtich between DF0 and DF1 on the fly.
In slot mode, each slot contains DF0 & DF1 images settings. So you can set the same image in DF0 for each slot and set another image for DF1.

In normal mode with the SD HxC, press select to change the current drive selection.
For the gotek an additional lcd + button is needed in this case.

Quote:
This leads me to another question. If I have one physical DF0 Gotek and one physical external DF1 Gotek I would like to be able to boot the selector from DF0 and also access DF1 to assign images to that one as well. I don't think we have this function yet? This function is vital for more than one Gotek in my opinion when it comes to multi disk games, demos or programs.
As i wrote earlier this is already planned

Quote:
BTW: Jeff_HxC2001 can you link everything that has to do with Gotek HXC stuff on one page, with everything you released for it. As it is now I get very confused. It may just be me though. Or post a link here where I can access everything released that has to do with Gotek, your firmware and any windows software that has to do with it. Also, is it possible to use the FlashFloppy firmware in the same way I can use the Cortex one on your firmware? If so, sort this out in an easy to find order on a page.
here it is :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_HxC2001 View Post
I have cleaned up the Gotek firmware archives.

For the Gotek, all is now into the main archive :

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d...a_firmware.zip

The Alpha firmware and tools are now into the <<Next_WIP_Alpha_Firmware_And_Tools>> subfolder.

Others zip files were deleted and the old links point now to this main archives.
See the readme files for details.

I have also updated the release notes with the modifications done since the v3.0.8.2.

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d...ease_notes.txt

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=761
Old 02 September 2017, 16:47   #835
turrican9

Quote:
In slot mode, each slot contains DF0 & DF1 images settings. So you can set the same image in DF0 for each slot and set another image for DF1.

In normal mode with the SD HxC, press select to change the current drive selection.
For the gotek an additional lcd + button is needed in this case.

As i wrote earlier this is already planned

here it is :

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=761
Thanks for the answer. But wouldn't it be possible to change drive on the fly by using a combination of the Gotek's two buttons? Say you hold both buttons for 7 seconds to change drive, without it conflicting with other functions, like ejecting disk. I'm not really interested in bying an external LCD at this point.

Also, the links you posted are posted in this forum. I was thinking about your own webpage. It's very confusing for me when browsing it in search of Gotek stuff.

Keep up the great work.

Edit: Good news that you're working on the function so we can assign to Gotek DF1 physical drive when in selector. This is a really needed function.
Old 02 September 2017, 17:00   #836
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. But wouldn't it be possible to change drive on the fly by using a combination of the Gotek's two buttons? Say you hold both buttons for 7 seconds to change drive, without it conflicting with other functions, like ejecting disk. I'm not really interested in bying an external LCD at this point.

Also, the links you posted are posted in this forum. I was thinking about your own webpage. It's very confusing for me when browsing it in search of Gotek stuff.

Keep up the great work.

Edit: Good news that you're working on the function so we can assign to Gotek DF1 physical drive when in selector. This is a really needed function.
All this on the main download page :
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d....html#stm32hxc

For the selection drive i will see what is the best option... not sure yet.
Old 02 September 2017, 17:07   #837
turrican9

Quote:
All this on the main download page :
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d....html#stm32hxc

For the selection drive i will see what is the best option... not sure yet.
Thanks. The problem is that is says:

USB Stick STM32 HxC Floppy Emulator firmware update: (It says STM32 and not Gotek. Can be confusing).

SDCard HxCFloppyEmulator Manager (for Atari ST,Amstrad CPC and Amiga): (It says SDCard. It works on the Gotek, but makes it confusing).

The word Gotek is nowhere to be seen. It's like you haven't dedicated a sub page for your Gotek HXC firmware. I find it extremely confusing.

Or STM32 is the chip on Gotek when I think about it. But anyway, this is at the bottom of your download page. I think there should be a dedicated download page that has the word 'Gotek' in it. Part of my problem is that I can be away from this stuff for months and every time I come back I get confused. Because I forget alot of stuff.

Last edited by turrican9; 02 September 2017 at 17:13.
Old 02 September 2017, 17:20   #838
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:

USB Stick STM32 HxC Floppy Emulator firmware update: (It says STM32 and not Gotek. Can be confusing).
That is because there are other STM32-based boards out there besides the Gotek which you can use with the STM32 HxC firmware although 99.5% probably uses the Gotek.

But I also agree - the page is somewhat confusing and it can be hard to find what you need unless you know where to look.
Old 02 September 2017, 17:21   #839
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:

SDCard HxCFloppyEmulator Manager (for Atari ST,Amstrad CPC and Amiga): (It says SDCard. It works on the Gotek, but makes it confusing).

The word Gotek is nowhere to be seen. It's like you haven't dedicated a sub page for your Gotek HXC firmware. I find it extremely confusing.

Or STM32 is the chip on Gotek when I think about it. But anyway, this is at the bottom of your download page. I think there should be a dedicated download page that has the word 'Gotek' in it. Part of my problem is that I can be away from this stuff for months and every time I come back I get confused. Because I forget alot of stuff.
Of course the name is *nowhere*, it is possible that the name is trademarked...
I can't take this risk (and i already took too risk with this "thing"). fyi i didn't asked them to make this firmware...
Old 02 September 2017, 17:22   #840
turrican9

What I would like is that when I get to http://hxc2001.com/ webpage I can click on a banner that says 'HXC for Gotek' or something. On this subpage I would find anything that was released for the Gotek drive by you Jeff_HxC2001. All Beta firmwares, all Alpha firmwares. And all other software made by you Jeff_HxC2001 that works together with the Gotek. Windows sofware for assigning and everything.