English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 15 April 2024, 00:39   #21
Muzza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga600 View Post
Therefore making the Game fully playable from any location, I hope Alastair Murray does not mind me doing this modification, But I want to help make the Game fully playable again
Thanks for doing this, one day I'll get around to trying it as I don't remember much about it at all.
Changing it to run from floppy was usually the last thing I did. So either it was never finished, or more likely just never intended to be shared.
A couple of years back, my mother sent me a photo of a floppy disk she found with X written on it which I'm sure was the prequel of sorts to this game, but when I raided through her attic last year I couldn't find it. She claimed she had tried the disk and 'it didn't work'. She also thought the large X meant it was broken. So of course I had to explain that X was the name of the game, and that an Amiga floppy disk would not work on her PC. She replied 'oh'
Old 15 April 2024, 00:46   #22
Amiga600
amigaboing.net Blog

You will be able to run it from any folder on a hard disk, just use this script:

assign XII_GAME_DATA_DISK: ""
XII
assign remove XII_GAME_DATA_DISK:

The "" means current folder, where the XII executable is, so you can strip the files off the Floppy Disk image and move it to a hard disk location and use the above script to make the Game work from the new location