English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 12 February 2019, 19:33   #61
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Love it or hate it pretty much defines Gods, there are annual "It rocks! No it sucks!"
Although, for the most of the games, I am just like that (black and white ), but for the Gods, I understand both sides.

Sure, it kind-a fells slow, bad fps, somebody don't like graphics (I've seen waaay worse)... etc
But it looks to me as a very polished game. It has it's own rhythm. It's never unfair to the player... etc

So, even I play it almost never (I am more for the faster "Arabian Nights" types of platforms), i respect that game, and I think it's a very solid Amiga game.
Old 13 February 2019, 03:20   #62
xubidoo

i can also see that for some people , Gods in any form just doesnt cut it for them and its fine, im the same with many games that some people think are amazing.

i never liked magic pockets despite its similar gfx , arabian nights i love.
loved hired guns but just couldnt get into liberation even tho they are very similar games, so im told.
Old 13 February 2019, 04:24   #63
Nightshft

I completed Hacker II. (100% on my own notes)
[ Show youtube player ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Kult is the one I completed 100 percent.
Respect! As crazy as it is, I found it interesting and played it sometimes. Just a year ago I gave it another try (IIRC it was on real hardware) and with a little help from the internet I finished it... wait... I finished part 1. And then it got even weirder (second part of the game) lol.
Old 13 February 2019, 06:36   #64
Technosylph

Does 100% mean the collection of all items, the destruction of all enemies, and the discovery of all routes? I have beaten Turrican II: The Final Fight several times but I do not think I have ever gotten all of the gems.
Old 13 February 2019, 20:25   #65
Nightshft

In my case, I meant using only my own notes. No internet and no information/maps/tipps from magazines.

Kult also is a puzzle game - that you IIRC only can solve or not. Actually -in contrast to many other games- here you could even say I completed 54% because I successfully took x of the needed y steps.

Didn't the old magnetic scrolls adventures show you a score based on completion in the upper right corner of the screen? I think it showed f.e. 51/123, which means you scored 51 and it took you 123 steps until now.

I loved ThePawn and Jinxter back then. Just took a quick look at Jinxter, and it seems like upon full completion you have a score of 185. Damnit, already transfered it to my WHDLoad Folder. Somewhen I give it another try...
Old 13 February 2019, 20:57   #66
winloze99
Zone Friend

Not sure if i am proud but...

I completed
Ruff 'n' Tumble
Monkey Island 1
Legend of Kyrandia
Great Giana Sisters
Old 13 February 2019, 21:04   #67
chip

Ruff 'N' Tumble ?

You are great man, i found it so difficult
Old 13 February 2019, 23:09   #68
xubidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Ruff 'N' Tumble ?

You are great man, i found it so difficult

me to , i thought i was next to impossible , great looking game and fun to play , but wow is it hard lol.

congrats for completing it
Old 13 February 2019, 23:17   #69
jotd
This cat is no more

Bitmap Bros games (as I see those come up here, which isn't a surprise since they are somehow special because of the originality that the Bros try to inject in a known genre each time):

I love Gods & Chaos Engine, and completed them many times.

The bad news now: I also love Magic Pockets, but never completed it, so damn hard & frustrating particularly on the 4th level... And the game is perverse because you take risks to get silver then gold star to get a teleport, then you miss them and/or you die... but it's excellent coding & full of surprises.

In a way this game is like Ruff N Tumble: each level is doable separately, but trying to do them all in a row is very difficult.

Also love others (Cadaver, Speedball II, Xenon 2) but too damn difficult...