English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 01 October 2014, 20:58   #321
iXien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Great stuff earok - SWOS

Paul Willingham's Psx pad adapters I think had mouse emulation - Does anyone know if any more of these were made by anyone else?
Just take a look on eBay, Paul made new ones and sells them
Old 01 October 2014, 22:27   #322
earok

@gaz that's a shame, I'll ask Hungry Horace about the new slave later today.

@booboo cheers, I'll flick Viddi a PM to see if he's open to the idea.
Old 01 October 2014, 23:29   #323
Xenon

@Earok Thanks very much for your great works. Unfortunately, I don't have a keyboard for some conversions

Last edited by Xenon; 01 October 2014 at 23:35.
Old 01 October 2014, 23:38   #324
earok

@xenon A keyboard is not required for F1GP but it's an advantage if you have one (so you can quit the race at any time, turn on and off helpers in the middle of a race etc).

The copy protection screen is still there (but cracked), you can just hit green on your gamepad in order to type into the screen.

Edit: Just to be clear, none of our conversions require a keyboard to play (I don't have a keyboard myself), but some of them have features you can only access with keyboard (especially pause or quit).
Old 02 October 2014, 07:22   #325
Amigan123

Lightbulb CD32 Keyboard Solution

Thanks earok these CD's compilations are great.

By the way I make a PC keyboard adapter for the CD32.

Allows any standard ps/2 keyboard to work, and both windows keys act as reset instead of L Amiga R Amiga.

Discounts are available for English Amiga Board Members.

For orders outside of the UK I can offer Free Postage
so £19.99 inc Worldwide shipping.

UK based orders are discounted to £15 inc postage.

Please PM me for further details.

Photo of the adapter is linked below
http://retrocable.com/?page_id=218
Old 02 October 2014, 10:17   #326
earok

Stunt Car Racer

Old 02 October 2014, 10:56   #327
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Lyra2 will also work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigan123 View Post
Thanks earok these CD's compilations are great.

By the way I make a PC keyboard adapter for the CD32.

Allows any standard ps/2 keyboard to work, and both windows keys act as reset instead of L Amiga R Amiga.

Discounts are available for English Amiga Board Members.

For orders outside of the UK I can offer Free Postage
so £19.99 inc Worldwide shipping.

UK based orders are discounted to £15 inc postage.

Please PM me for further details.

Photo of the adapter is linked below
http://retrocable.com/?page_id=218
Old 02 October 2014, 11:34   #328
other_reality

Cant describe how much I appreciate your work on these compilations. I hope you never stop, lol !

One more thing, i havent yet downloaded the multi-game comp., and I surely will, but a thing that turned me off in the older known multi compilations, is the black screen interrupts while loading or decrunching. I am no programmer by any means, but, couldn't this be avoided somehow. Even if it means longer loading times or whatever. For example, some compilations had whdload versions of some demos inside, it was practically impossible to watch/enjoy them with all these "black-outs", and at some games, even the music at some points/loading screens get all messed up. I know it is because of the limited memory, but hey, just asking !
Old 02 October 2014, 12:22   #329
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_reality View Post
Cant describe how much I appreciate your work on these compilations. I hope you never stop, lol !

One more thing, i havent yet downloaded the multi-game comp., and I surely will, but a thing that turned me off in the older known multi compilations, is the black screen interrupts while loading or decrunching. I am no programmer by any means, but, couldn't this be avoided somehow. Even if it means longer loading times or whatever. For example, some compilations had whdload versions of some demos inside, it was practically impossible to watch/enjoy them with all these "black-outs", and at some games, even the music at some points/loading screens get all messed up. I know it is because of the limited memory, but hey, just asking !
To avoid stuff like that you would need to avoid using WHDLoad if at all possible. Other than that its tough, will have to live with os switching.
Old 02 October 2014, 13:17   #330
iXien

The black screen interrupts can be avoided using the WHDLoad PRELOAD option. But if the PRELOAD make the game/demo needing more than the 2Mb Chip-RAM available on a stock CD32, of course you can't use it.

Last edited by iXien; 02 October 2014 at 13:25.
Old 02 October 2014, 14:58   #331
ransom1122

Aaaah stunt car racer. .... memories of ski jump & stepping stones track come to mind.
Thank you very much. I'm sure I speak on many members minds as to how great this thread is.
Old 02 October 2014, 18:06   #332
Vot

Im still waiting for the shadow of the beast compilation..
Old 02 October 2014, 22:51   #333
Xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
@xenon A keyboard is not required for F1GP but it's an advantage if you have one (so you can quit the race at any time, turn on and off helpers in the middle of a race etc).

The copy protection screen is still there (but cracked), you can just hit green on your gamepad in order to type into the screen.

Edit: Just to be clear, none of our conversions require a keyboard to play (I don't have a keyboard myself), but some of them have features you can only access with keyboard (especially pause or quit).
Oh, great Thanks for your information ^_^ and thanks for your great work. I'm going to download all the conversions and print all the covers
Old 03 October 2014, 01:58   #334
ransom1122

All Stunt Car games Play great on WINUAE, I noticed i had to play with Cycle Exact so I dont get any Screen flickering while playing.

Anyone playing these games with a Xbox 360 controller, As a default setting in winuae, which buttons represent which buttons on a cd32 pad?
Old 03 October 2014, 02:29   #335
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
All Stunt Car games Play great on WINUAE, I noticed i had to play with Cycle Exact so I dont get any Screen flickering while playing.

Anyone playing these games with a Xbox 360 controller, As a default setting in winuae, which buttons represent which buttons on a cd32 pad?
With 360 controller set, and CD32 Pad in drop down.

A (Green) = RED
B (RED) = BLUE
X (BLUE) = GREEN
Y (YELLOW) = YELLOW
LB = REWIND
RB = FORWARD
BACK = PLAY

Default in drop down.
A (Green) = FIRE1
B (RED) = FIRE2
Old 03 October 2014, 03:49   #336
earok

Shadow of the Beast Trilogy

That's the end of the encores, I want to post a final update to the 160 game collection soon and then in a week or two we'll start posting some guest releases.

Last edited by earok; 03 October 2014 at 04:49.
Old 03 October 2014, 05:09   #337
ransom1122

Thanks earok & FOL for that handy info. Have a great weekend gents
Old 03 October 2014, 09:46   #338
iXien

Thanks earok for this huge work that permit a lot of games to be played in the best conditions on a stock CD32 using the last versions of their WHDLoad installers.

I do not agree necessarily with all your choices (what the hell LEANDER made in a SOTB trilogy? And I can't really see the interest to play FOTAQ without savesystem), but you released some real wonders for non AMIGA players like SlamTilt, Breathless, Stunt Car Racer Turbo, Lionheart or Ruff'n Tumble.

And of course, your 160 Games Collection is becoming part of the CD32 history

I'm just waiting for a good old floppy version of Marvin Marv. Adv. added to the huge collection, of course

Thanks for all !
Old 03 October 2014, 10:05   #339
gazj82

Thank you Earok! What an amazing achievement and contribution to the Amiga community.

I shall have many years enjoying playing these games on my CD32 in the comfort of my sitting room instead of cramped up on a desk on my A1200.

Seeing as my first Amiga was a second hand 1200, I missed all the great early games. Without these releases I probably would never known about these great games. Lionheart springs to mind!

Thanks you, please enjoy a well deserved break.
Old 03 October 2014, 10:55   #340
SteveUK

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iXien View Post
I do not agree necessarily with all your choices (what the hell LEANDER made in a SOTB trilogy? And I can't really see the interest to play FOTAQ without savesystem), but you released some real wonders for non AMIGA players like SlamTilt, Breathless, Stunt Car Racer Turbo, Lionheart or Ruff'n Tumble.
It was an idea of Earoks as it was made by the same company around the same time and you can see some similarities...
also we liked chucking in bonus games

Anyhow thanks for all your comments (all kinds welcome!) and a big thankyou for Earok for doing such good work. Cheers mate. I have had an itch to do a lot of this work for years (some 10+) and finally the itch has been scratched! Thanks again.