English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 30 October 2006, 22:46   #1
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

REQ: Open source AMIGA voodoo driver

hey guys,

as a small favour to a friend, I was going to look into modifying an amiga driver to work with an NVIDIA gfx card. Unfortuntately i spent most of my weekend in A&E with an eye infection!!! grrrr

I know the promethus has open source drivers, I was wondering if the mediator does.. if so,

where can i get my dirty mits on them to hope improve some support truth is i would except any including the promethus voodoo drivers ( source of course )

(I have source for PC nvida cards & Voodoo )

any ideas peeps?
Old 30 October 2006, 22:48   #2
keropi

tried contacting elbox??? maybe they give u info, like they did for the dude that wrote the virge driver?
Old 31 October 2006, 00:09   #3
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

that could be a good idea
Old 31 October 2006, 12:33   #4
mrodfr

elbox have 50 developpers (they said) but not seing often new drivers. for being a developpers for elbox products, you must sign their NDA first and after receive the developper tool archive.

if you have found time, you can search discussion about that (much more a war) on the yahoogroups ML elbox or mediator ML for title of the ML) and search around end of last year, beginning of this year).
Old 02 November 2006, 15:16   #5
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

hmmm

I was hoping not to get tired into another NDA, i want to be able to make it freeware for all not to assist sales for some...
Old 04 November 2006, 18:04   #6
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

anyone out there got amiga source for a voodoo ? at this point i would settle for an ATI
Old 05 November 2006, 08:20   #7
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
hmmm

I was hoping not to get tired into another NDA, i want to be able to make it freeware for all not to assist sales for some...
I have made some search on the YahooML Amiga-Mediator and you can start reading in message 17855 of mid-march 2006.

start with the author of prism who can't code his driver to elbox products and after catweasels and so on.... a strange story...

I think It's possible to do drivers for elbox products like some have allready made by a russian or poland guy, I think:

http://www.elbox.com/downloads_mediator.html

(at the end of the page)

but I think NDA is neccessary to allow DMA transfers between PCI card and at this point, the drivers made who support DMA need NDA and become elbox more or less little proprietary of elbox also (relese when elbox want I think,on their elbox site only or on their elbox driver archive,.....).

I think It's not a problem for the developper who arrive to made a better GFX drivers and have all the great feedback for him but the point is to must discuss with elbox and I think It's not allways easy.

I think the problem is not to do the driver with secret developer informations but follow elbox rules about release on their site and not on aminet and so on,....

all I have said here is more feeling that 100% sure because I have just follow and read or answer the thread mentionned before. make your point of view by reading the thread of the ML and maybe contact some or them on this thread.

thats great you have the skill to do GFX drivers for amiga and hope you arrive to do one for the elbox product also.

I'm interested to know your experience if later you start to work with elbox by making drivers for their products.

If you made a gfx driver who can be more better bout performance and power than the actual for voodoo3 or for another GFX cards, It's sure I will send you some money for that work :-)

Last edited by mrodfr; 05 November 2006 at 08:29.