English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 18 June 2018, 02:35   #1
Anachronist

Amiga BBS Doors not on Aminet, Registered

Hey all! I run the most badass Amiga BBS around, aBSiNTHE BBS at absinthebbs.net port 1940 . I have been reaching out to the programmers of Amiga Door games to attempt to register them or to find ones that I've heard of but not found online. I have had mixed success but now have several games on the board that are not available anywhere else. Since I'm an AREXX programmer I have fixed or updated several of them as well.

In particular I'm looking for registered versions of the following:

Spirit of Adventure Registered by Mordred, former sysop of Living City BBS.
^ this one in particular as the programmer no longer has the source and would love to find it or a registered version himself as well*

Battlelands Registered by STU2 and picked up by Kevin Dunn

Castle Dungeon 1.05 Registered for use with CNET. I've been in touch with Les but he hasn't found the version that works with CNET yet. It's out there.

Operation Elimination by ?? I was in touch with the developer, he was shocked someone found him haha. The source and registered version of this one is long gone.

Also, if anyone else has games or registered versions that are not available on Aminet kindly reach out! Too many of these have disappeared over the years. Spirit of Adventure in particular is a real loss as the developer had the blessing of the Bard's Tale team to create it. I am not interested in pirating or skirting registration fees even if they are for 20+ year old software, so I'll be more than happy to pay the fees now if someone points me to the developer. Although I have to say, when I bring it up they all laugh and say have at it haha

Thanks all!

Last edited by Anachronist; 21 July 2019 at 10:14.
Old 18 November 2018, 14:38   #2
Greyspirit

Have you had any luck?

I've been through about 50 CD archives as well as a few dozen "archives" on FTP servers around. virtually all of those were the classic full game "warez" and locally stored aminet copy/mirrors.

Only thing I found was a Reg for Hack&Slash 2.2 posted in alt.bbs.amiga.cnet from around 1997 during an usenet search in that group. Haven't found where pfiles might have been posted in any of the binaries groups yet.
Old 19 November 2018, 20:18   #3
Anachronist

Not a bit of luck I'm afraid.
Old 20 November 2018, 12:35   #4
Greyspirit

Not much here either. Other than that version of Hacker 5.4 that I gave K-guide I haven’t gotten much of anything. Even been raiding iso’s From archive.org.