English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 30 January 2019, 11:15   #1
pubzombie

Copying more WHDload games to CFCard

Hi guys,
been a long time since i opened up A1200 and my memory is atrocious these days.
I have workbench and a licensed copy o WHDload already set up on my A1200.
What is the easiest way of putting some of Retroplay's packs onto my flashcard.
If I take it out of the a1200 and connect it to my PC do i still need to set up winuea and mount it under emulation? or can it be done without emulation?
Also is simply copying them to another flash card and using the card slot in the side of the a1200 an option for copying across?
thank you for your time. I simply cant remember how the hell i set up my a1200 in 2009/2010!!!
cheers,
Steve
Old 30 January 2019, 11:29   #2
ajk

Windows won't be able to mount a drive with an Amiga filesystem directly so you would need WinUAE to do it that way.

You could use a separate CF card formatted with FAT32 in the PCMCIA slot, as this would be recognized by both Windows and Amiga (assuming you have set up FAT32 support for your A1200 in the past).
Old 30 January 2019, 11:43   #3
pubzombie

Thanks ajk,
which is the best way to set up winUAE these days - AmigaForever? I take it that come with workbench ready to go etc?
Best wishes,
Steve
Old 30 January 2019, 11:52   #4
ajk

I've always just set it up by myself, but AmigaForever may be an easier way to get going if you're feeling rusty There are plenty of tutorials all over the net, though, so it shouldn't be too hard either way.
Old 30 January 2019, 11:56   #5
pubzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk View Post
I've always just set it up by myself, but AmigaForever may be an easier way to get going if you're feeling rusty There are plenty of tutorials all over the net, though, so it shouldn't be too hard either way.
thanks man!!!!
Old 30 January 2019, 13:07   #6
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

ClassicWB is easy to setup up as well. Just saying...
Old 30 January 2019, 15:02   #7
pubzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
ClassicWB is easy to setup up as well. Just saying...
just going through all my files - i have kickroms and workbench disks all legally

cant find my PCMIA adapter though. is there a way of doing it direct say with a PCMIA ethernet adapter and conecting direct to my windows PC with the whdload folders on it - or would i still need to use emulation?
cheers
S
Old 30 January 2019, 15:58   #8
ajk

You can set up an ethernet connection provided you find an adapter for which there are drivers. But you'll need to have things such as a TCP/IP stack installed on the A1200, so it may end up being a chicken-and-egg scenario if you don't already have those. It would probably be easiest to just install WinUAE and copy files to your current CF card using it.
Old 30 January 2019, 17:43   #9
pubzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk View Post
You can set up an ethernet connection provided you find an adapter for which there are drivers. But you'll need to have things such as a TCP/IP stack installed on the A1200, so it may end up being a chicken-and-egg scenario if you don't already have those. It would probably be easiest to just install WinUAE and copy files to your current CF card using it.
roger that
Old 01 March 2019, 00:56   #10
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
roger that
I have MiamiDx as well as AmiTCP set so I'm able to FTP from WinUAE and Amiga 4000 with a CSPPC or the other way. But that's a lot more advanced that I think you want to go. IF your memory (mind) atrocious then, yeah...go with WinUAE in some form. Power off A1200, disconnect CF, connect to adapter for Windows and run WinUAE. Once you have WinUAE setup it's pretty easy.

Anyway, got everything going all right?
Old 02 March 2019, 05:47   #11
pubzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
I have MiamiDx as well as AmiTCP set so I'm able to FTP from WinUAE and Amiga 4000 with a CSPPC or the other way. But that's a lot more advanced that I think you want to go. IF your memory (mind) atrocious then, yeah...go with WinUAE in some form. Power off A1200, disconnect CF, connect to adapter for Windows and run WinUAE. Once you have WinUAE setup it's pretty easy.

Anyway, got everything going all right?
Yeh it’s good - few hours pulling hair and I remembered how to do it.
Got a new project as well now. Get my C64 set up again with sd card reader
???