English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 15 February 2016, 13:53   #1
Amigajay
醉拳

List your W.I.P CD32 Projects

I thought it a good idea to start a new thread about posting people's Work In Progress CD32 discs, ala in the style of WHD slaves.

The main reason is to stop people working on something only for someone else to release something, rendering the work obsolete, case in point being the recent Bubble Bobble Trilogy.

I know part of the fun is to surprise people with these releases, so you don't have to list everything on the disc, just a vague outline so people can say 'ok that's being done, i'll do something else'.

And if you have loads of discs planned again you don't have to list them all, this is just for any releases you have planned to come out in the next couple of weeks, anything longer than that i think fair to say is not going to come out anytime soon.

I'll start with my next releases, and update this post with whoever want's to

Unofficial CD32 discs being worked on.
============================

AmigaJay (Rough estimates)
---------
Football Collection - June
Tennis Collection - July
Golf Collection - Sep
Psygnosis Collection - tbd
Horizontal SEU Collection - tbd
Magnetic Fields Collection - tbd
Megadrive Classics - tbd
Christmas Collection - Dec

Earok - No date set for any of the below.
-----

[CDTV]
- Another World (95% ready - waiting on a response)
- Flight of the Amazon Queen (Potential)
- Powder (Ready except for cover, may do this as part of Shoot-Em-Up pack for CDTV)
- Test Drive 2 (95% ready, I should ask Steve for a cover!)

[CD32]
- Capital Punishment (Partly working, crashes after one bout)
- Master System Collection
- Gunbee (95% ready. Purchase of original game required)
- Super Tennis Champs
- Ultimate Fighters Collection
- Wonderboy in Monster Land
- Wrath of the Demon (50% ready. Breaking with slave issues late in the game)

[SX32]
- OnEscapee (90% ready)

[Future potential releases]
- Sensible (Without Soccer / Fodder games)
- Simpsons (50% done)
- Street Fighter Collection (20% done)
- Day of the Tentacle (20% done)
- Wolfenstein 3D (20% done)

Last edited by Amigajay; 22 May 2016 at 15:13.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 February 2016, 23:17   #2
jotd
Cat freak

When I canadapt psygore cd read code, I d like to dump a big cd containing all playable games using cd32load, with the correct button mapping.
Games needing saves like cadaver or unenterable codes like lemmings would be banned, if you have a keyboard good for you but not all cd32 owners have one
(I have one, and my cd32 is working so thats good news for real hw tests)

Edit: snowbros works with cd32load? Liquid kids does but snowbros crashed last time I tried.
Old 15 February 2016, 23:22   #3
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
When I canadapt psygore cd read code, I d like to dump a big cd containing all playable games using cd32load, with the correct button mapping.
Games needing saves like cadaver or unenterable codes like lemmings would be banned, if you have a keyboard good for you but not all cd32 owners have one
(I have one, and my cd32 is working so thats good news for real hw tests)

Edit: snowbros works with cd32load? Liquid kids does but snowbros crashed last time I tried.
Yeah i did think about doing that myself i,e having only games that use cd32load and not need saves, but feel free to go ahead with yours, i still want themed discs which is what i'm doing atm.

Yeah Snow Bros and Liquid Kids both work with cd32load (the latest, didn't try with earlier versions)
Old 16 February 2016, 01:51   #4
earok

SPOILER WARNING

Not an exhaustive list. Also most of our existing releases will be updated to take advantage of CD32load.

[CDTV]
- Another World (95% ready - waiting on a response)
- Flight of the Amazon Queen (Potential)
- Powder (Ready except for cover, may do this as part of Shoot-Em-Up pack for CDTV)
- Test Drive 2 (95% ready, I should ask Steve for a cover!)

[CD32]
- Apocalypse (Ready)
- Zeewolf 1/2 (Ready, pending final tests)
- Desert Strike / Jungle Strike (95% Ready)
- Capital Punishment (Partly working, crashes after one bout)
- Gunbee (95% ready. Purchase of original game required)
- Wrath of the Demon (50% ready. Breaking with slave issues late in the game)

[SX32]
- OnEscapee (90% ready)

[Future potential releases]
- Team 17 (Without Alien Breed / Worms games)
- Sensible (Without Soccer / Fodder games)
- Simpsons (50% done)
- Street Fighter Collection (20% done)
- Fighter Collection (MK games, Elfmania, Brutal Paws of Fury etc)
- Day of the Tentacle (20% done)
- Wolfenstein 3D (20% done)
Old 16 February 2016, 09:38   #5
Amigajay
醉拳

Wow you have a lot planned for the next couple of weeks

No that's cool that you shared with us, i didn't want to start something you guys are working on.

Bar the strike games being on my Megadrive pack i don't cross anything else.

There is a Team 17 pack out there from a few years back, its nicely put together, though uses whdload so lots of flashing issues, would be cool to get an updated release of something similar.
Old 16 February 2016, 10:05   #6
Gzegzolka

Wolfenstein sound very interesting
also GunBee, but I will have to buy it first
Old 17 February 2016, 04:52   #7
earok

Heh, it'll be a long time before I get everything out, especially with my CD32 away for caps replacement.

AmigaJay what's in your Mega Drive classics list? I vaguely had an idea for a Master System collection, the two could compliment each other but I just wanted to make sure we're not overlapping anywhere. Currently the only two games I have in mind for the SMS collection are just Action Fighter and Wonderboy in Monster Land.

Edit: Gunbee is like, two euros (archive download of the DMS files). More than worth it. It's a pity more Amiga software isn't commercially available like this for next to nothing.

Edit 2: I have a tentative list of games for the SMS compilation, the criteria being "Sega Master System games copyrighted by Sega that weren't on the Mega Drive and have a Lemon Amiga rating of at least 5", of which there are only 8

- Action Fighter
- Afterburner (Amiga version is technically After Burner 2, but doesn't have throttle control so plays more like SMS After Burner 1)
- Alien Syndrome
- Dynamite Dux
- Out Run Europa
- Shadow Dancer (Actually this was on Mega Drive, but Amiga version is much more akin the Master System version)
- Shinobi
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land

These four meet the above criteria EXCEPT for being on Mega Drive as well. Are you going to take any/all of these?
- Bonanza Bros
- Golden Axe
- Space Harrier
- Super Monaco Grand Prix

Last edited by earok; 17 February 2016 at 06:02.
Old 17 February 2016, 09:19   #8
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
AmigaJay what's in your Mega Drive classics list? I vaguely had an idea for a Master System collection, the two could compliment each other but I just wanted to make sure we're not overlapping anywhere. Currently the only two games I have in mind for the SMS collection are just Action Fighter and Wonderboy in Monster Land.

Edit 2: I have a tentative list of games for the SMS compilation, the criteria being "Sega Master System games copyrighted by Sega that weren't on the Mega Drive and have a Lemon Amiga rating of at least 5", of which there are only 8

- Action Fighter
- Afterburner (Amiga version is technically After Burner 2, but doesn't have throttle control so plays more like SMS After Burner 1)
- Alien Syndrome
- Dynamite Dux
- Out Run Europa
- Shadow Dancer (Actually this was on Mega Drive, but Amiga version is much more akin the Master System version)
- Shinobi
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land

These four meet the above criteria EXCEPT for being on Mega Drive as well. Are you going to take any/all of these?
- Bonanza Bros
- Golden Axe
- Space Harrier
- Super Monaco Grand Prix
Don't have any of the above going in the pack, mine are Megadrive games first and foremost that weren't arcade ports;

Desert Strike
Road Rash (trouble mapping buttons atm)
Jungle Strike
John Madden Football
Puggsy
WiZ n Liz
Cool Spot
Global Gladiators
Wonderdog (will swap with Fifa if working)

Want to include FIFA but its not working with Cd32load atm, hopefully in the next release.

Will include these two if its ok with you and Galahad?! (working fine from my menu already)

Aladdin
Lion King
Old 17 February 2016, 09:24   #9
earok

Aladdin and Lion King CD32 were Psygore's doing, but I believe he'll be OK with it so long as he's credited.

FIFA's on the 160 game compilation I believe, I think the only way to get it working was using a disk mounting utility. Just copy whatever I did from the disk. I don't think keyboard is a strict requirement and the game does support two button pads.

Edit: Instead of a SMS pack, maybe I should make it Sega Arcade then..

Edit 2: Double check Global Gladiators and Cool Spot work on real hardware, they never have in the past even though they work in WinUAE fine

Last edited by earok; 17 February 2016 at 09:30.
Old 17 February 2016, 09:30   #10
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Aladdin and Lion King CD32 were Psygore's doing, but I believe he'll be OK with it so long as he's credited.

FIFA's on the 160 game compilation I believe, I think the only way to get it working was using a disk mounting utility. Just copy whatever I did from the disk. I don't think keyboard is a strict requirement and the game does support two button pads.

Edit: Instead of a SMS pack, maybe I should make it Sega Arcade then..
Oops sorry Psygore! I hope its ok with you?!

Ok will have a look at FIFA.

Any luck with Road Rash? It plays fine but you need keyboard to get to the bike screen, so to get further in the game its a must, maybe the next cd32load will bring more luck with this one?

Yeah i always burn and test on real HW before uploading. will test them this weekend.
Old 18 February 2016, 06:28   #11
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Any luck with Road Rash? It plays fine but you need keyboard to get to the bike screen, so to get further in the game its a must, maybe the next cd32load will bring more luck with this one?
I tried Road Rash myself with the same results, no keyboard support. A shame really, it'd be an amazing port if done right. Especially if we could get password entry working
Old 24 February 2016, 22:27   #12
earok

Just declaring I've got these projects also on the go - Super Tennis Champs, Mr Nutz, Wonderboy in Monster Land. Also I've started on the ultimate fighters collection again...

Old 24 February 2016, 23:18   #13
Cylon

Quote:
Just declaring I've got these projects also on the go - Super Tennis Champs, Mr Nutz, Wonderboy in Monster Land. Also I've started on the ultimate fighters collection again...
Nice ! Super Tennis Champs including data disk(s)?
Old 24 February 2016, 23:22   #14
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
Nice ! Super Tennis Champs including data disk(s)?
Yes on startup you'll get to choose whether you want the default characters, ladies or mixed doubles. Also we're chucking in the original Tennis Champs as a bonus.
Old 24 February 2016, 23:41   #15
Akira

Quote:
Super Tennis Champs
Get ready for the takedown notice as this has recently been released for iOS :/
Old 24 February 2016, 23:42   #16
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Get ready for the takedown notice as this has recently been released for iOS :/
Elton Bird is co-operating with the project.
Old 25 February 2016, 02:04   #17
Akira

Quote:
Elton Bird is co-operating with the project.
This message has made me very glad, it's great to see some people don't really want to milk the almost anorexic Amiga cash cow at the detriment of fan projects like yours
Old 25 February 2016, 02:09   #18
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
This message has made me very glad, it's great to see some people don't really want to milk the almost anorexic Amiga cash cow at the detriment of fan projects like yours
Agreed he's been really great about it
Old 25 February 2016, 09:38   #19
Amigajay
醉拳

Nice one! I've updated the first post, also I've added a few discs I'm currently working on;
Horzontal SEU Collection
Vertical SEU Collection
Magnetic Fields Collection

All self explanatory in what types of game they will contain, though the final list is on-going on a couple.

Other than those I'm dipping my toe into playing around with Backbone, (i know not everyone likes it but i can't code for jack so it's the only method for me), so yesterday got something basic running and got it working on a bootable cd32 disc finally (pesky mathstrans.library!) just to see if it could, didn't want to get 6 months down the line and not have something i could play on the CD32!

Anyway as i said i won't have anything to show for at least a couple of months, and then probably the latter half of the year I'm guessing, don't want to make it too complicated or big for my first game otherwise I'll never finish it!
Old 25 February 2016, 19:39   #20
Akira

Doens't backbone require an 030 or is ridiculously slow on anything but an 030?
AdSense AdSense