English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 24 February 2008, 16:11   #41
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

In next update: Picasso96 hardware sprite emulation. Ugly flickering mouse pointer will be finally gone.
Old 24 February 2008, 17:11   #42
hexaae
Bug hunter

How can I help further? My WUAE cfg could be useful? I don't have a .dmp file created in WUAE's dir when it crashes.
Old Picasso mode still works fine.
Old 24 February 2008, 18:03   #43
ancalimon
Supernormal

Just tried Aladdin whd and it starts on the top of 1680-1050 rtg screen and graphx are corrupt. When I choose window mode for native graphx and swith back to full screen, graphx are ok. new P96mode on.
Old 24 February 2008, 18:04   #44
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Please, always include display depth (both RTG and setting in display panel). 16-bit is currently broken.
Old 24 February 2008, 18:22   #45
ancalimon
Supernormal

using 1680-1050 32bit RTG screen for Workbench. Displays are fullscreen for both native and rtg. native resolution is set to 800-600-32bit
Old 24 February 2008, 18:24   #46
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
Just tried Aladdin whd and it starts on the top of 1680-1050 rtg screen and graphx are corrupt. When I choose window mode for native graphx and swith back to full screen, graphx are ok. new P96mode on.
Screenshot please. "full-window" mode? (it is also broken)
Old 24 February 2008, 18:38   #47
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Please, always include display depth (both RTG and setting in display panel). 16-bit is currently broken.
Doh!
I've changed filter (NULL) in the Display Panel and now works. WUAE doesn't crash anymore at startup. It was my fault because I left D3D filter on that page...

I've tested a pair of games and found Robocod AGA makes WUAE crash with P96New ON.
Old 24 February 2008, 18:51   #48
ancalimon
Supernormal

I'm using fullscreen modes for both. When I switch to a window mode it gets ok. When I switch back to fullscreen, it's ok too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	15995  
Old 24 February 2008, 19:02   #49
_Steve_

Quote:
When it starts and switches from RTG mode to chipset mode? Not crashing if WB is already in chipset mode?
The crash was happening after switching from RTG to native mode. I get a grey screen with the LEDs showing at the bottom, then the standard windows "This application has terminated unexpectedly ... submit log to MS" type requester.

My WB is running in 1024x768 @ 32bit depth (matching my windows desktop mode).

The strange thing is, having been able to reproduce that crash several times before I zipped the dmp files and made my post, I am now having no problems. The only change to the machine between these two events was uninstalling the 169.21 forceware driver, and going back to 162.18. It appears the 169.21 driver is causing a lot of problems on my system in particular for WinUAE in fullscreen modes.
Old 24 February 2008, 20:21   #50
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Fullscreen mode is also broken. (it only works if you have chipset mode in windowed and RTG mode in fullscreen. and only once.)
Old 25 February 2008, 18:47   #51
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1500b4.zip

Beta 4:

NOTE: Fullscreen RTG modes are not fully working yet. Do not use.
NOTE: Before benchmarking, make sure Display panel display depth matches Picasso96 display depth.
NOTE: P96 OLD-mode not supported. Only use NEW-mode.

- "Full-window" mode does not reopen window when switching modes
- 16 and 8-bit RTG mode optimized blitter operations
- RTG template-blit ("RectFill() Pattern") operations optimized (do pen value endian swap only once per blit, not every pixel..)
- RTG hardware mouse cursor implemented. Rock-solid, no flickering. Replace libs:picasso96/uaegfx.card with included updated version. NOTE: Make sure devs:monitors/uaegfx.info does not have forced software sprite setting. (SOFTSPRITE=Yes)
- 16-bit RectFill() graphics corruption fixed (b3)
- rom scan registry data updated, A590/A2091 ROMs work again, also version number information in the log is correct. Manual ROM rescan required or all roms will fail to load
- "favorite paths" added. Right click on floppy "Select disk image" or ".." buttons to open favorites menu. Data stored in registry, no GUI support yet. No data in registry: show beta-only example paths. There may be submenus or something similar in future if you are wondering about 'ALL'-part.. Will be added to other path-buttons in future.

Example registry editor export:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Arabuusimiehet\WinUAE\FavoritePaths]
"PATH_ALL_01"="d:\\amiga\\stuff\\games"
"PATH_ALL_02"="d:\\amiga\\stuff\\demos"
"PATH_ALL_03"="My Favorite Path #1 \"E:\\blah\\blah\\adf\""
Old 26 February 2008, 17:12   #52
Ed Cruse

I tried 1500b4 and something is really wrong. I changed the name of the executable in my shortcut to 1500b4, which is correct, and as soon as I hit OK the icon image goes from the normal image to a generic image. When I double click it I get an error message - "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." I even deleted all the command line args and it still doesn't work. Could this be an XP incompatible type of problem?
Old 26 February 2008, 17:18   #53
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Cruse View Post
I tried 1500b4 and something is really wrong. I changed the name of the executable in my shortcut to 1500b4, which is correct, and as soon as I hit OK the icon image goes from the normal image to a generic image. When I double click it I get an error message - "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." I even deleted all the command line args and it still doesn't work. Could this be an XP incompatible type of problem?
Missing MSVC 2008 redistributable libraries? (but older betas shouldn't work without it either and it is usually already installed because most games and applications install it automatically)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

If I don't see other reports: there is no problem (even if there really is). Quite simple.
Old 26 February 2008, 17:49   #54
Ed Cruse

Quote:
Missing MSVC 2008 redistributable libraries? (but older betas shouldn't work without it either and it is usually already installed because most games and applications install it automatically)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

If I don't see other reports: there is no problem (even if there really is). Quite simple.

Apparantely the executable got corrupted, I downloaded again and seems to work fine.

Even though I wasn't supposed to use RTG Full Screen, I did. It works except there is no mouse pointer.

I don't understand the "rock solid no flickering" mouse pointer? It didn't flicker to begin with. The mouse jerks a little bit as I move it across the screen, is that what your talking about? It still does now, I did replace uaegfx.card and turned off SOFTSPRITE=YES by putting ( ) around it.
Old 26 February 2008, 20:16   #55
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I don't understand the "rock solid no flickering" mouse pointer? It didn't flicker to begin with. The mouse jerks a little bit as I move it across the screen, is that what your talking about? It still does now, I did replace uaegfx.card and turned off SOFTSPRITE=YES by putting ( ) around it.
It does flicker. Try for example any P96Speed test. Same happens with any program that continuously updates graphics under the software sprite cursor (like RTG compatible games)
Old 26 February 2008, 22:38   #56
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Love the update tony. Can move icons around super smooth now with no flickering at all
Old 27 February 2008, 00:29   #57
Ed Cruse

Quote:
It does flicker. Try for example any P96Speed test. Same happens with any program that continuously updates graphics under the software sprite cursor (like RTG compatible games)
OK, now I see what you are talking about. The icons now stay visible when moving, instead of flickering in and out, mostly out. Very nice, thank you!
Old 27 February 2008, 11:56   #58
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
OK, now I see what you are talking about. The icons now stay visible when moving, instead of flickering in and out, mostly out.
This is only side-effect because Picasso96 driver does not need to refresh both mouse and icon anymore, but note that it can still flicker randomly, only pointer is 100% non-flickering

btw, fullscreen will be fixed in next beta (I hope..), also "favorite path" editing will be supported.
Old 01 March 2008, 20:40   #59
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1500b5.zip

Beta 5:

NOTE: filters are currently not supported, they may or may not work
NOTE: vsync not supported. expect flashing or other issues..

- "favorite path" editing added. Path added is always last opened path from any file select dialog. (later..)
- "favorite path" right button context menus added to most path selection buttons
- picasso96.c clean up, removed old p96mode and other unused code
- new p96mode works without JIT
- CHK.L is 68020+, not 68000+ (only CHK.W is 68000+)
- uaescsi.device missing CMD_GETGEOMETRY added (not sure if "geometry" data is correct but at least device type and removable flag is set)
- RGB overlay option is gone, not very useful anymore and newer display drivers seem to emulate this in software..
- big directdraw support rewrite
- fullscreen to different fullscreen mode switching should be quick now (no more switching back to desktop and then back to fullscreen)
- 16 bit modes should work correctly again
- Windows-side 8 bit modes (temporarily) disabled. 8-bit RTG modes still work and are automatically converted to 16/32-bit
- "Match RTG color depth" option added to misc-panel. If checked fullscreen RTG mode uses Amiga-side color depth (as previously) Not checked = always use Display panel depth setting. (if you have programs that switch modes but you don't want Windows-side display mode changes) Windowed mode always uses desktop color depth
- GUI debugger updates (KB)
Old 01 March 2008, 21:10   #60
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Maybe I'm being thick here but what do you do with uaegfx.card? When I try to start my workbench I get no picasso96 drivers loaded and just the bog-standard resolution. There are no Picasso96 modes available in prefs either. I've tried putting uaegfx.card in Devs/Monitors but this hasn't fixed the problem. Am I missing something?
Answer is: Yes and this is wrong thread for that.