English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 July 2004, 04:45   #1
Unregistered

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Black Screen what should i do?

hello i just learnt of the Amiga Os today and found it very interesting. so i downloaded it and install it. after installing it i had to go to the c:\program file\winuae folder to run the application "which i found was strange" anyway i ran it, it then asked me to test i chicked test i saw a picture flashed on the creen. i then click ok and the screen came up black and i can;t see the mouse. can someone tell me what i am doign wrong or didn't do. if there any special configuration i need to do befor running the application. please someonw help me..
thanks in advance...

Old 28 July 2004, 04:54   #2
Adeptus
epun umop ap!sdn

WinUAE is not an OS. It is an emulator - basically this means it pretends to be Amiga hardware.
You need to get the Amiga OS (aka Workbench) separately, and the Kickstart ROM.
Neither of these is free (legally... as with anything else you will find them on the net if you look hard enough - not that I encourage this ).

There is an OS being developed for the PC that is based on the Amiga OS, but I can't remember the name at the moment... anyone?
Old 28 July 2004, 05:00   #3
oldpx

AmigaOS might not be free but you don't need to have it to get WinUAE working. Software that runs from emulated floppies don't require the OS installed and most of the games fit into this category. Only thing you MUST have to use winuae is the kickstart rom, which contains the data that a real amiga computer has on it's bios. Also take my tip, many things in life are free, google is one of them I think you need more information about amiga and emulation in general, for this, check this forum's "guides and tutorials" section.

@adeptus
That's aros.

Old 24 April 2005, 19:41   #4
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

or amithlon