English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 April 2005, 10:39   #1
OnTheRun

WinUAE extremely slow

Hello all,
I recently installed WinUAE 0.9.92 on my system (had running linux before and wasn't using UAE this much ). Then I did want to take a look at amigasys, so I installed it, which all went fine. But the performance of WinUAE was really strange.. the CPU-display (in WinUAE itself, at the bottom right corner of WinUAE) was at startup 102% and AmigaSYS ran really fine for some seconds (maybe 10 - 20). But then the CPU-display went down to 5 - 9%. I thought, maybe it could be the configuration of WinUAE, so I tested some configurations.. with no success. I then thought, maybe it's AmigaSYS, so I downloaded Nexus7 from Andromeda (a demo) and tested this with several configs... the same result. It was extremly slow and the CPU-display changed between 5 - 14%. Then I decided to use WinUAE 0.8.22R9 and have a look at its performance.. exactly the same results. So I thought, it has been a while (and a demoparty ) since I set up my PC so I could set it up freshly. Thought, done
I set it up fresh with Windows XP Pro. (was running before too) and installed all updates except SP2. All new drivers (ATI and Intel chipset-drivers). Then I set up WinUAE 0.9.92 and 0.8.22R9 again.. with the same result. It has to be something with my PC then (or with my WinUAE-config.). Has anyone an idea, what the problem could be?
Attached you find the bootlog of winuae 0.9.92

Thanks and with kind regards
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (9.5 KB, 234 views)

Old 11 April 2005, 17:22   #2
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Do you have a config you can post, it'll help us see if it's something to do with a poor configuration. We'll see what we can do then
Old 11 April 2005, 18:01   #3
zardoz
Zone Friend

CPU use of 10-20% is fine. It's when it gets to 100% and the frame rate drops below 50fps that the behaviour gets choppy.

Are your frame rates low?