English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 November 2017, 00:26   #1
Swevicus

2-button joystick adaptors in Europe?

Dear EAB,

I've begun designing and developing a 2-button version of my arcade-quality-Atari-controller-on-a-budget (for use with Amiga, ST and Master System machines, with the intention of building an adaptor later in the future for MSX and Sharp X68000 machines) but I can't find any Amiga-to-USB adaptors in Europe anywhere at a decent price. I can only find them in the US (Retro USB), Canada (Retronic Design) and some in Australia (forgot the name of the site now). The nearest I've gotten to a European vendor is in Poland (Stepstick.pl). Now, unless most Sharp X68K games suffered the same fate as the Amiga (IE: 9 out of 10 games only utilised 1 button) and since most MSX games could be played with a keyboard (cursor keys, Space Bar and M)... is this a worthwhile project or am I wasting my time and I'd be better off just sticking with a single-button version?

Yours sincerely,
Swevicus.
Old 01 November 2017, 00:37   #2
DamienD
Banned

...what you are wasting is people patience by:

opening numerous threads on EAB all related to your joystick builds

Some members may consider this spam... Can you not put everything into one thread as opposed to starting multiple ones all over the place?

I can most definitely arrange this for you
Old 01 November 2017, 00:39   #3
Swevicus

Please do. I'll be disappearing for a while, anyway.
Old 01 November 2017, 01:24   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swevicus View Post
Please do. I'll be disappearing for a while, anyway.
Oh God; here we go again... not another drama queen...

Seriously, why the need to disappear? Why take such offence when a moderator asks a valid question?

It's about being respectful to the community... all your "joystick" projects could quite happily live in one thread without loosing context

Some quick research; here's a list of all your threads since being on EAB; every single one is "joystick" related (besides The Crystal Maze):

http://eab.abime.net/search.php?searchid=4866873

...it's nothing personal, please don't take offence; we as moderators are trying to crack down on this due to the number of "Reported Posts" we receive from our members on a weekly basis (which normal members don't see / even know about).

Over the past year or so, we are getting more and more sellers, website owners, blah, blah, blah, using EAB to prompt their stuff in multiple threads which is definitely not cool

All I'm asking you is to keep it in one thread; no big deal really... other offenders have been told the same thing
Old 01 November 2017, 03:49   #5
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Oh God; here we go again... not another drama queen...

Seriously, why the need to disappear? Why take such offence when a moderator asks a valid question?
You are a bit quick to jump to this conclusion, there is nothing about what he/she said which indicates that was because of your answer.

Maybe that is a sign that your inner kitten is a bit too susceptible in this area?