English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 19 February 2016, 02:53   #1
-Acid-

P96 and CV64/3D install problems

Okay i'm running an A4000 with CS2 and CV64/3D. I install P96 (the latest unofficial one) using the installer taking all the correct settings. The one thing here I am unsure of is the installer gives the message "A Picasso II(+) running in segmented mode has been detected" i've no idea how as I do not have one.

Any way it installs without issue and adds CVision3D into devs:monitors as expected, on reboot the palette of WB is off and I get an error saying CVision3D is not executable and intuition is trying to close windows. I check and the E protection bit is not set, if I change this and reboot I get stuck on a black screen. If I move that file out of there and try to load it after WB loads the mouse pointer jerks for a few seconds on screen when being moved before locking the system up, cpu usage instantly hits 100% as well.

This setup was working fine a few days ago until a hard drive got corrupted and I restored it. WhichAmiga sees the CV64 plugged in and i've changed slots to the other one which has the display port (using the scan doubler module). If I load P96Mode and try to attach settings to the board it says there is no board.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 19 February 2016, 04:47   #2
gulliver
BoingBagged

Ok, If you have already installed Picasso 96, just remove your Picasso96 monitors from DEVS:Monitors and copy the contents of this archive to your SYS: partition. Reboot your system and select a screenmode (if you installed the archive I provide you already have many VESA modes to try).

If this doesnt work, it means either your system or your P96 installation is corrupt.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Devs.zip (7.2 KB, 84 views)