LieutLaww

Arghhhh my eyes my eyes !!!!
Old 19 January 2015, 14:20   #482
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
You are too optimistic, this is more like Tiertex IMO

8 colors in the main game area, with tons of dithering to have more colors, Tiertex will go this innovative approach for better speed. To improve speed even further they would use 2 panels instead of one.
Down panel is a nice artwork to remind you the coin op, up you ll have a nice 4 color game logo and 2 beatiful 4 color logos from CAPCOM and Tiertex themselves.

Finally you'll have a great working Final Fight on your Amiga 500 when everyone else thought it was impossible.
Start work on this wonderful conversion immediately...Aga=advanced game architecture.
Old 19 January 2015, 14:39   #483
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i have puked BIG TIME XD !!!! lool
Old 19 January 2015, 14:41   #484
nobody

In the meantime you can enjoy more great games from tiertex.

Look at the similarities between tiertex and arcade version. Amazing.

Last edited by nobody; 19 January 2015 at 15:05.
Old 19 January 2015, 15:11   #485
Hewitson

Wow... The logo isn't even centralised. What were they thinking?
Old 19 January 2015, 15:16   #486
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
no please.... don't transform this thread in a puke thread on "amiga diarrhea games" :'(
LOL
Old 21 January 2015, 21:41   #487
Cylon

@leathered

How old is the src in the first post? If you need help with Blitz to speed up things (significantly) i can give some hints. But i hope your actual src doesn't look like that anymore ;-)

Cheers
Old 22 January 2015, 01:12   #488
leathered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
@leathered

How old is the src in the first post? If you need help with Blitz to speed up things (significantly) i can give some hints. But i hope your actual src doesn't look like that anymore ;-)

Cheers
It's about 2 years old now. Yeah it was a bit clunky, an early port of sorts of my AMOS code. I had to change quite a lot since then and you wouldn't recognise the code now - not saying it's the best in the world but certainly I streamlined a lot of the stuff that was very 'function specific' and contained individually. As I recall there was some initial trouble getting parts of the code to 'talk to each other' as the functions I was building in became more complicated and affected each other. This led to some short-cuts that I had to improve.
I think the speed I'm getting from it now is decent - that said I'd be happy to talk about it - it can only help my knowledge of the subject; be aware that given the time I have to work on it I'd rather be doing that than talking too much! But shoot =)
I've left the early source there more as a reference that some may find useful for certain things; setting up displays etc. There's also a basic engine posted there - well optimised or not!

Last edited by leathered; 23 February 2015 at 22:18.
Old 27 January 2015, 13:56   #489
leathered

Beats of Fire

Due to changing times and recent events (and the fact that I have absolutely no desire to have my ass handed to me by Capcom) I've decided to change course with this project somewhat.
I'm going to continue the development with a view to develop a Beats of Rage style engine - beginning with some simple customisation options of the gfx and gradually getting deeper. This will eventually require the development of certain tools, but expect it to be a long road folks.

Big thanks to all contributors and constructive comments. I'll continue with the gfx and other resources that I have with an aim to finishing the game that I've started, with a little more free license as to how it's going to pan out.

Thanks for being a part of it

Cheers TCD for help and sorting out the thread title

Last edited by leathered; 27 January 2015 at 17:24.
Old 27 January 2015, 20:17   #490
RichAplin

Awwww.... I really don't think Capcom would care two hoots about your FF conversion but it certainly is quite a time-consuming thing to attempt. Best of luck with future projects!
Old 27 January 2015, 20:48   #491
leathered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichAplin View Post
Awwww.... I really don't think Capcom would care two hoots about your FF conversion but it certainly is quite a time-consuming thing to attempt. Best of luck with future projects!
I wrote to Capcom Europe with a link to this thread 2 years ago and heard nothing. But I have a feeling that's just because the right people didn't get the message. Rich, any ideas who I should seek permission from exactly?
The problem is if they do decide suddenly to give two hoots - there's a young market out there that hasn't discovered Final Fight yet, these things tend to come around again in some form or other, reboots, remakes etc.
This is far too much work (this thread alone is enough sometimes!) to get lynched at the end.
Old 27 January 2015, 20:56   #492
Konrad

That would be really sad, although understandable.
Couldn't you just contact Capcom and explain ? Old obsolete platform, strictly non-profit, ... ? Just costs you a few minutes, and if they say "No" you can still change the theme.
Old 27 January 2015, 20:58   #493
leathered

I don't plan on changing that much - but keep it quiet
Just the title at the moment...
Old 27 January 2015, 21:04   #494
SimonPPC

You can perform a conversion for A1200 of the coinop version of Alien Vs Predator?

Old 28 January 2015, 19:18   #495
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Have we realy got to watch our step so much after smurf rescue?
You do see ports for 8bit machines etc and I think this is part of a healthy retro scene
I dont like name calling but some quere added a comment to a my you tube video of mario graphics stollen from nintendo reported - so what! is person going to report every retro conversion?!???
Old 28 January 2015, 19:40   #496
Nekoniaow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathered View Post
I wrote to Capcom Europe with a link to this thread 2 years ago and heard nothing. But I have a feeling that's just because the right people didn't get the message. Rich, any ideas who I should seek permission from exactly?
The problem is if they do decide suddenly to give two hoots - there's a young market out there that hasn't discovered Final Fight yet, these things tend to come around again in some form or other, reboots, remakes etc.
This is far too much work (this thread alone is enough sometimes!) to get lynched at the end.
If you still want to contact them I can probably ping some of my friends who negotiated contracts with publishers and licensers, some of them are bound to have been in contact with Capcom at one point or another. These guys would certainly be able to point out to the proper entry points.

This said, I would think that Capcom would either want a full legal license or a clear "not associated with Capcom in any way" message clearly visible.
Old 28 January 2015, 20:22   #497
leathered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Have we realy got to watch our step so much after smurf rescue?
You do see ports for 8bit machines etc and I think this is part of a healthy retro scene
I dont like name calling but some quere added a comment to a my you tube video of mario graphics stollen from nintendo reported - so what! is person going to report every retro conversion?!???
I know, I know - If I hadn't thrown caution to the wind I wouldn't have gone 2 years before getting to this. Capcom are still going strong and I'm just taking a precaution. I'm also under the impression that they would have little or no interest - but I'm putting a lot on the line for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoniaow View Post
If you still want to contact them I can probably ping some of my friends who negotiated contracts with publishers and licensers, some of them are bound to have been in contact with Capcom at one point or another. These guys would certainly be able to point out to the proper entry points.

This said, I would think that Capcom would either want a full legal license or a clear "not associated with Capcom in any way" message clearly visible.
That would be great =). I'm fine with a 'not associated with Capcom in any way'.
Old 01 February 2015, 01:12   #498
Cylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathered View Post
I think the speed I'm getting from it now is decent - that said I'd be happy to talk about it - it can't hurt my knowledge of the subject; be aware that given the time I have to work on it I'd rather be doing that than talking too much! But shoot =)
I've left the early source there more as a reference that some may find useful for certain things; setting up displays etc. There's also a basic engine posted there - well optimised or not!
Well, i tried to compile it, and it doesn't work instantly. Samples are "illegal". Dunno (adding a #nosound-condition solved that). Still, even not seen your src now, i can give you some hints, e.g. always use DEFTYPE to declare all non-declared variables (you forgot in your wip src-even the vbi-counter in that quirky select routine was quick instead of int), nest AND conditions, split OR conditions, precalc variables when they never change inside loops and so on. When loading files while already in Blitzmode, switch to QAmiga mode first (missed that one too), otherwise the exe could crash or misbehave.
Old 01 February 2015, 01:15   #499
Cylon

Oh, just wanna add:
It took me a while to find this thread as i didn't subscribed...
Old 02 February 2015, 00:55   #500
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Love the shitty new name "Beats of fire". It literally means nothing.