MartinW

Sounds like it’s working just fine then
Old 25 May 2019, 21:03   #22
Rock'n Roll
German Translator

really great demo!
Old 25 May 2019, 22:00   #23
stevelord

Works great on my A4000/060. Really excellent job here, well done!
Old 26 May 2019, 02:48   #24
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
But from what i know WinUAE emulation of Amiga 500 model is perfect
No emulation is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
So, no reason to test on the real hardware to see differences
ALWAYS test on real hardware. Would you really risk your reputation by releasing something which potentially only works on emulators?
Old 26 May 2019, 09:51   #25
theq
Registerdeaded abUser

It works great on a stock A600 and CD32.

Great work!

Last edited by theq; 26 May 2019 at 09:58.
Old 26 May 2019, 10:31   #26
mcgeezer

I just ran this on my real A1200 and it is perfect.
Old 26 May 2019, 19:17   #27
Antiriad_UK
OCS forever!

Thanks for support and testing - much appreciated

Released and source code/mod/music files included for anyone interested. Source is a bit of a mess - will do better next time and will definitely move to vasm.

Parcade.zip
Old 26 May 2019, 21:56   #28
Alpha One

Really great production !!! I still like these oldschoolish demo effects as much as I did 25 years ago.
Old 26 May 2019, 22:23   #29
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiriad_UK View Post
Thanks for support and testing - much appreciated

Released and source code/mod/music files included for anyone interested. Source is a bit of a mess - will do better next time and will definitely move to vasm.

Parcade.zip
I have updated the pouet entry and added the source.
Old 26 May 2019, 23:26   #30
Antiriad_UK
OCS forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
I have updated the pouet entry and added the source.
Ah. Cheers
Old 27 May 2019, 02:50   #31
AmigaEd
Zone Friend

Quote:
That's me. Thanks.
For sure a standing ovation is in order for your work on AutoIt script! I stumbled upon it when I was l looking for a sort of arexx for Windows. I really found AutoIt to be one of the better Windows tools. Robust, stable and extendable.

Thank You!
Old 27 May 2019, 15:52   #32
WayneK

Watched the demo just now (on YT, shame on me for being lazy) - it's pretty good! A few classic effects done well and also good music...

A lot of people revisit their youth and mess around for a few days/weeks to no avail, I'm impressed you stuck with it and produced something of this quality
Old 28 May 2019, 13:10   #33
Antiriad_UK
OCS forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneK View Post
A lot of people revisit their youth and mess around for a few days/weeks to no avail, I'm impressed you stuck with it and produced something of this quality
Yes, I'm not particularly clever but I can do focus for a short period I gutted an old vector intro over xmas for the main screen and text. Then I put a few parts into that same screen (within the border) a 28 px sine scroll, a little vector effect where a cube spins in wireframe, then hidden surface, then simple light sourced. The complex vector routine (stolen wholesale) from previous 1992 intro and the bob snake in 4 colours.

Then joined the forum in March to try and get help and optimise the sine scroll (I wanted 32 px) then got sucked into the possibility of doing something like the Digital Innovation scroller. Things started getting out of hand then...

Decided the simple vector part could be optimised and rewrote that from scratch. Thought that I'd make it a generic complex/convex routine rather than having two different source bases so rewrote all that from scratch as well. Then was going to have stuff spinning and quickly changing objects so synced up the speed of simple/complex vectors so it didn't break the flow. Always wanted to do glenz vectors so that had to go in at that point so I had to write some palette changing code for that as that seems to always occur with glenz. The palette changing code was annoying af because of the reflection colours (they are different) but that made it easy to do some fades from white to colour which made it seem like a no brainer to just combine the fades/object changes into a strobe thingy.

I found some old sources on my disks that looked like I'd done on an A1200 for a dot writer which formed text with dots, and a rubber cube that seemed to use about 2MB of chip memory to "brute force" the effect and a tv box cube that had a complex vector on each side and I almost got sucked into trying to add those as well but I started getting burnt out so had just get the mod done and release before I stalled and never released anything! At start of project estimated time was 1 or 2 weeks. Elapsed time 2 months lol.

Edit: What I'd forgotten though, is what a wonderful chipset the OCS amiga is to program. I do a lot of C++ / C# util stuff these days for work. And there is nothing like the feeling of 68000 and blitter/copper madness.

Last edited by Antiriad_UK; 28 May 2019 at 13:16.
Old 28 May 2019, 15:32   #34
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Edit: What I'd forgotten though, is what a wonderful chipset the OCS amiga is to program. I do a lot of C++ / C# util stuff these days for work. And there is nothing like the feeling of 68000 and blitter/copper madness.
Exactly!

That's what made me starting to write Amiga games again, after 20 years of C coding. Programming the 68k architecture and the original chipset together is pure fun and freedom. You can do everything yourself without any dependencies.
Old 30 May 2019, 14:34   #35
scuzz

Quote:
Hi,

I've finished my A500 OCS intro. Not got as many routines in there as I wanted. Took far far longer than the "couple of days" I thought it would. So going to get it released before I run out of motivation. I had planned a dot writer and tv box as well - oh well...

Hoping to release it next week and will include all the source code, mod file and the original sound file that I did a few months ago (synthwave )

I developed it for A500 OCS and tested it in WinUAE in cycle exact mode and left a few raster lines spare. Not doing anything undocumented in there so hopefully there's a chance it will be ok.

If anyone is able to test it on a A600 or something that would be great. I've only got access to an A1200 with accelerator.

https://www.autoitscript.com/files/amiga/parcade.zip

Worked for me on the following:

Amiga 4000/040, Amiga 4000/030, A500 plus GVP sidecar, A600 unexpanded, Amiga 1200 GVP Turbo, second Amiga 1200 GVP Turbo and third Amiga 1200/030.

To be honest I couldn't really see any difference in quality to an intro produced in the day. The music worked fine and the specific graphics worked without issue. The disk booted pretty quick and was still running even when I took the disk out, and the floppy light stayed on all the time. All very much as they would have done in the day.

So your next challenge is to take it to the next level. If you ever want a demo checked on a specific computer you can reach me through the website. I will show a couple of screenshots on the blog tomorrow if that is OK with you.

Well done. Something new... always welcome here.

I used ADFBlitzer to decrunch and it is archived now on my Amiga 4000 with the source code etc.

PS the A500 used was an A500 basic unit the 'plus' mentioned is just that it has plus the GVP sidecar... which has my virus checker on it.

scuzz
http://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scuzzblog.htm
Old 30 May 2019, 14:50   #36
Antiriad_UK
OCS forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Worked for me on the following:
and the floppy light stayed on all the time. All very much as they would have done in the day.

So your next challenge is to take it to the next level. If you ever want a demo checked on a specific computer you can reach me through the website. I will show a couple of screenshots on the blog tomorrow if that is OK with you.
Of course, thanks for testing. I never thought about the floppy light, brings back memories on its own
Old 31 May 2019, 18:22   #37
oRBIT
Zone Friend

Very good work, I really like productions like this. Brings back memories from the good old days! Stunning soundtrack aswell. Great work!
Old 31 May 2019, 23:53   #38
Nobby_UK

Tested on A500+ (2 meg chip)
and A500 (half + half) = Fine