English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Collections

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04 September 2019, 20:35   #281
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
It's in the upload folders on the FTP.
What are you talking about?
mai is offline  
Old 04 September 2019, 20:58   #282
Subzero
Living and Legend

Subzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Isla de Muerta
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
What are you talking about?
Its always of Advantage when you read the whole(or lets say, last 2pages) of an thread, instead of taking the Lead infront of Dumbo...
which takes me to the next question, how did you become
a moderator overhere ?
Subzero is offline  
Old 04 September 2019, 21:14   #283
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
Its always of Advantage when you read the whole(or lets say, last 2pages) of an thread, instead of taking the Lead infront of Dumbo...
which takes me to the next question, how did you become
a moderator overhere ?
Looks like someone is pissed off!
mai is offline  
Old 04 September 2019, 21:45   #284
lilalurl
Global Moderator
lilalurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: France
Age: 40
Posts: 3,061
Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Please take your personal issues to private messages.
Thanks for not derailing the thread further.
lilalurl is offline  
Old 04 September 2019, 23:10   #285
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
The maad is on the eab FTP zodiac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Where exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre View Post
Can't find it either....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
It's in the upload folders on the FTP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
There's no "zodiac" catalog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
What are you talking about?
I've just spent some time going through all ~Uploads folders...

Must admit; I have no idea what you are talking about either Denis?

Anyway, did find stuff in these directories that are likely "collection" based:
... /~Uploads/Akira/Wiroma (Argentina computer shop collection)
... /~Uploads/happymondays/Amiga_Up_Yours
... /~Uploads/happymondays/Collections
... /~Uploads/icycool
... /~Uploads/Jasp64
... /~Uploads/Jope
... /~Uploads/jrom
... /~Uploads/Lynk
... /~Uploads/plasmatron
... /~Uploads/RiSe
... /~Uploads/rygar/SSC
... /~Uploads/StAnZo/Tuna CD 4471 - 4789
... /~Uploads/Thalion/Back to the Roots
... /~Uploads/tmb
... /~Uploads/Wiking67/BTTR
DamienD is online now  
Old 05 September 2019, 09:58   #286
Ian
Global Moderator

Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 41
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Because of no info, there is much room for
suppositions,

maybe its even worst case scenario:
he has lost the collection or the collection is burnt down.


To prove the collection is still there Galahad should take a picture of the collection and post here!
Give it a rest.

I'm pretty sick of all the negativity from people regarding various projects that people have announced on this forum.

So what I Galahad hasn't had the time to create any adfs, or if SubZeros hasn't had time to send them. Comments such as this will only reduce their desire to do so in my opinion.

If it bothers you that much, just pretend this thread never existed and you didn't know there was a collection of disks that you can arbitrarily decide not to add to tosec anyway as they are alt versions of games that there are already 20 alts for.
Ian is offline  
Old 05 September 2019, 10:39   #287
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 42
Posts: 8,232
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I've just spent some time going through all ~Uploads folders...

Must admit; I have no idea what you are talking about either Denis?

Anyway, did find stuff in these directories that are likely "collection" based:
... /~Uploads/Akira/Wiroma (Argentina computer shop collection)
... /~Uploads/happymondays/Amiga_Up_Yours
... /~Uploads/happymondays/Collections
... /~Uploads/icycool
... /~Uploads/Jasp64
... /~Uploads/Jope
... /~Uploads/jrom
... /~Uploads/Lynk
... /~Uploads/plasmatron
... /~Uploads/RiSe
... /~Uploads/rygar/SSC
... /~Uploads/StAnZo/Tuna CD 4471 - 4789
... /~Uploads/Thalion/Back to the Roots
... /~Uploads/tmb
... /~Uploads/Wiking67/BTTR
those have been uploaded lately, maybe by BippyM ? ah i don't remember exactly :/
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 05 September 2019, 16:12   #288
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
ah i don't remember exactly :/
That does not surprise me! LOL

There is just no such MAAD collection on EAB FTP , please proove me wrong!
mai is offline  
Old 05 September 2019, 16:19   #289
Subzero
Living and Legend

Subzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Isla de Muerta
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Give it a rest.

I'm pretty sick of all the negativity from people regarding various projects that people have announced on this forum.

So what I Galahad hasn't had the time to create any adfs, or if SubZeros hasn't had time to send them. Comments such as this will only reduce their desire to do so in my opinion.

If it bothers you that much, just pretend this thread never existed and you didn't know there was a collection of disks that you can arbitrarily decide not to add to tosec anyway as they are alt versions of games that there are already 20 alts for.


THANK YOU, much appreciated by me.
Subzero is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 21:10   #290
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Give it a rest.

I'm pretty sick of all the negativity from people regarding various projects that people have announced on this forum.

So what I Galahad hasn't had the time to create any adfs

Looks like you were for yourself part of this supposed negativity in the past!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Can we get back to questioning Galahads ability to complete this task. I've not rolled my eyes enough today so need some help.
mai is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 21:21   #291
Ian
Global Moderator

Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 41
Posts: 2,186
Clearly sarcasm is lost on you.
Ian is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 21:40   #292
NLS
Ancient User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GREECE
Age: 45
Posts: 617
interesting escalation
guess we are not getting those
NLS is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 22:13   #293
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,882
Why has everything evolved so?
It was just a wrong decision to give the collection to Galahad.
At that time there were several members who have proven to have the knowledge and dedication to realize such a project in a timely manner.
But SZ said he could only trust Galahad in this crazy world.
However, this statement was invalid at the latest, as Galahad sent some diskettes to dlfrsilver, he would have been the first to know the contents of the diskettes.(Quaterback archives)
Later, after appropriate criticism, galahad thought he had to stop the communication completely.
This, of course, cleared the way for a lot of speculation.
Sad, but overall a failed project!
mai is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 22:20   #294
Ian
Global Moderator

Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 41
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by icycool View Post
Negativity is where it's deserved, this is a pathetic project worth no-ones time but to reply to the endless entries on a long dead project. It's sad it has come to this, but sometimes you have to let data go, and this is no exception. We are all getting older and if this is the best humanity can offer, it's not worth it. Close this thread.
I think it's more of a case of this "dead" project potentially holding some rare software that has caused all this negativity along with some people just being of the entitled generation of course.

Seriously, humanity's woes are not really due to some missing ADFs are they. Get some perspective.

Just do not read this thread, if the plan was to shame Galahad/Sub-Zero into releasing the stuff it's clearly not worked, so practise what you preach. Don't read the thread, don't respond to any further posts in it, and don't download any files should they be released......

But of course we know that's not going to happen
Ian is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 22:25   #295
Ian
Global Moderator

Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 41
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Why has everything evolved so?
It was just a wrong decision to give the collection to Galahad.
At that time there were several members who have proven to have the knowledge and dedication to realize such a project in a timely manner.
But SZ said he could only trust Galahad in this crazy world.
However, this statement was invalid at the latest, as Galahad sent some diskettes to dlfrsilver, he would have been the first to know the contents of the diskettes.(Quaterback archives)
Later, after appropriate criticism, galahad thought he had to stop the communication completely.
This, of course, cleared the way for a lot of speculation.
Sad, but overall a failed project!
Case in point of the entitled generation. Too old to be born into it for sure, but embraced the concept to the letter.

If you wonder why it's evolved so, just read your passive aggressive, and blatantly aggressive posts in this thread.

Why would anyone want to communicate with such a person?
Ian is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 23:08   #296
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 561
If you want things to happen on these projects Mai you really need to stop being so being so rude!
Viceroy is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 23:14   #297
mai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GER
Posts: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
If you want things to happen on these projects Mai you really need to stop being so being so rude!
Honestly, do not care about it now.
mai is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 13:10   #298
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,744
This thread was closed and soft-deleted a few days back.

After talking with Subzero, it's now been undeleted and reopened.

...but no more shit from people hassling either Subzero or Galahad. If you do then I will just delete your posts, and if it continues then temp bans will follow

Progress will be made if / when Subzero and Galahad decide to. It's that simple!!!

Also, it's come to my attention that some members are sending hateful PMs to Subzero. I know who you are!!! This needs to stop immediately and if not then you can definitely expect to be banned from EAB permanently
DamienD is online now  
Old 08 September 2019, 13:14   #299
lesta_smsc
Registered User

lesta_smsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,976
Nice to have this thread back. I like the suspense... a bit like space travel. Journey starts but you're never sure if you will see mission complete in your lifetime... yet an exciting concept nonetheless
lesta_smsc is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 13:55   #300
sTe
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 65
Hey Galahad, I dont know if my previous message / email got through to you? With everything going on, I wanted to offer any help if you should need it. I have a kryoflux, so any help you need give me a shout. Based in the UK / Notts area.

No pressure ... just offering a helping hand on the boring imaging side whilst you concentrate on the harder / more interesting stuff.

Cheers.
sTe is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skid Row Crackintro "Lemmings" way too slow 1988 support.WinUAE 5 08 May 2015 18:58
Wrath of Demon Problems (Skid Row) CPC464 support.Games 45 30 June 2008 08:21
Skid Row intro & unknown demo s2325 request.Modules 4 05 October 2006 11:11
Magic Pockets: Difference between SKID ROW and CRYSTAL crack? andreas Retrogaming General Discussion 13 27 November 2002 14:01
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Adventure) [cr Skid Row] kozan request.Old Rare Games 13 07 April 2002 12:15

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.11532 seconds with 16 queries