English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 08 March 2007, 20:42   #1
Nomad of Norad

Question Switch to and from Windoze desktop?

Is there an easy way to switch back to the Windows desktop from within WinUAE short of terminating out of WinUAE? A keyboard-shortcut?

I thought it was Ctrl-Esc, but that doesn't seem to do it except in situations where WinUAE has gotten stuck (black screen with hourglass) while launching and there are dialog boxes on the desktop about it. (It started doing that when my registered AmigaForever install spontaneously decided it wasn't registered anymore.... Fixed.)

Old 09 March 2007, 00:58   #2
AmigaBoy

Either ALT+TAB or clicking the middle mouse button have always worked well.
Old 09 March 2007, 01:00   #3
AmigaBoy

Or alternatively, go back into the GUI (F12).
I've noticed though when you're running full screen and you go into the GUI, then you do your thing in Windows and you go back to WinUAE, the GUI is gone and you jump back into emulation. I have no idea if it's a bug or not, but it's pretty annoying.

Hope that helps!
Old 09 March 2007, 01:25   #4
Nomad of Norad

By GUI, I assume you mean the interface that comes up when you press the last button to the right on the launcher bar thingy, the one that lets you adjust the emulation settings from inside the Amiga emulator...

I had poked around in there and didn't see an obvious button to take me back to the Windoze Desktop while leaving the emulation running in the background... Am I missing something?

Anyway, I'll try this out later. Alt-Tab is probably all I needed, though. And by middle mouse button, I'm guessing you mean the one that's part of the mouse wheel... I'll try that, too...

Thanks for the help, guys...

Is there a master list of all the emulator-related keyboard commands somewhere?