English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 25 March 2012, 21:20   #1
Dr.Bongo

Hello all

Thought I'd introduce myself a little,

Hi I'm John or Dr.Bongo in some circles, I have a vast C= collection of hard/software which I use daily. In recent years I have concentrated on the 8-bit side, building a huge personal shrine to the almighty 64 (20+ machines and 1400+ games) but, have now caught the Amiga bug again.

I own many miggy's but I'm currently kitting out my A2k as it's my favourite to relive all the games and demos that still give that warm happy feeling after all these years.

I also own/operate The SID Station (c64radio.com) a C64 music shoutcast station which has been on the go for 3 years now.

Anyways, cheers all

Old 25 March 2012, 22:56   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bongo View Post
...have now caught the Amiga bug again.
Hi John,

Well, that was inevitable, i suppose ... Welcome to EAB!

Which Amiga machines do you have in your collection? Also, please tell us what makes the A2000 your favourite.
Old 26 March 2012, 18:43   #3
Dr.Bongo

Hi Prowler.

3 A500's , 1 A500+ , 2 A600 , 1 A600HD (upgraded memory) , 2 A1200's , A1500 (main machine) , A2000 (Not working) , CDTV , CD32 and UAE on X86 (if that counts).

The 2k is my favourite as it has always been my most reliable miggy. Also, its my most tricked up machine but still plays all the classic games as It has a rom switcher. Also, 2 internal drives is great for gaming. I tend to like the big box miggy's more really.

Think I'll be buying a 4K soon. Mainly for Demos as I own most of the good AGA games for the CD32.
The thing I regret though is selling my first 4k. Had a cyberstorm 060 and a picasso IV and about 120mb of memory. It's going to cost a small fortune to get that back.

(Note) Is the person out there who bought my A4k about 6 years ago from an English guy in the Netherlands of Maarkplaats? and would you like to sell it back? (Pretty please)