English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 23 November 2022, 13:26   #3081
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeker View Post
Any idea why using FileZilla, I cant download any of the text files from the bbs collections, Even setting Filezilla to ascii it says its to set it to binary, either way all the downloads fail.
Im just using the ftp on the ftp2.grandis.nu account as Ive been too lazy posting and my old accounts been deleted I think as I tend to lurk too much on here and havent used it for quite a few years.

Binary should work just fine for all files. Your own account still exists and was last logged into in July this year.
Old 23 November 2022, 16:25   #3082
Turran

TCD has kinda agreed to clean up a bit on the FTP. Mostly. things uploaded will be moved into the /Collection folder but we'll see what he can find.

Thanks TCD!

Also, I will start the cleanup of users that never log on. I've set the limit to 2 years.

At first, I'll just block them. If you get the message "You have been deleted" at logon, let me know and I'll reactivate the account. Otherwise, just create a new one as normal.
Old 23 November 2022, 16:32   #3083
TCD
HOL/FTP data slave master

You are welcome For any questions please use this thread: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=112584
Old 25 November 2022, 14:28   #3084
Turran

While TCD is doing the major cleanup, I've changed the sync of the data to only run at 02:30 each day so new uploads might take 24h before it shows up on the other FTP from which it was uploaded.

Users and other data are still synced every 10 minutes.

I'll change it back once the majority of the cleanup job is done.
Old 26 November 2022, 23:39   #3085
Turran

I've added a lastfiles.zip file in the root. As with filelist.zip, this contains the last 100 uploads but it has a new date format. It only shows the last 100 uploads that is actually on the FTP still. If they were uploaded and then renamed/deleted/moved they will not be listed. If it fails to find any of the lastest uploads still on the FTP, it will just say NA/NA/NA

I've also added a filelist2.zip with the same date format. Plan is to replace filelist.zip with the date format used in filelist2.zip but I wanted to give anyone a heads up in case they use filelist.zip for something and needs time to fix the parsing.

Let me know if this causes to much problems for you.

Last edited by Turran; 26 November 2022 at 23:46.
Old 01 December 2022, 10:42   #3086
Turran

Turned off the sync of data between ftp.grandis.nu and ftp2.grandis.nu until TCD is done with the cleanup.

Users and others are still synced.
Old 01 December 2022, 10:47   #3087
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Turned off the sync of data between ftp.grandis.nu and ftp2.grandis.nu until TCD is done with the cleanup.
Almost there Should be done this afternoon (not the whole cleanup, but at least the 'worst' bit ).
Old 02 December 2022, 16:26   #3088
Turran

IMPORTANT. All uploads should be done on ftp2.grandis.nu from now on. The two way sync of data get confused on large syncs if files are moved/deleted as the sync runs.

To make it simple, I'll just make a one way sync from ftp2.grandis.nu -> ftp.grandis.nu.

Your user and other data will still be two way synced so you can change password etc on either web server.
Old 02 December 2022, 16:29   #3089
chip

Ok, it's fine this way i guess
Old 04 December 2022, 09:04   #3090
TCD

The search (https://ftp2.grandis.nu/turransearch/) seems to be broken.
Old 04 December 2022, 10:31   #3091
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
The search (https://ftp2.grandis.nu/turransearch/) seems to be broken.

Broken how? Got an example of a file not found? Can't see whats wrong at first glance.
Old 04 December 2022, 10:37   #3092
TCD

Great... now it works When I posted it gave me a 504.
Old 04 December 2022, 10:38   #3093
Turran

Oh. Must have been a Hetzner problem =)

Search index is only updated once per 24H though.. Perhaps I should schedule that more often.
Old 04 December 2022, 13:49   #3094
Turran

Some new changes for uploaders.
1:
I noticed that filezilla does not show the welcome message at login unless you specifically order it to by switching on "Detailed Log" (right click the message pane, will last for session only).
So, the upload rules might not be read by everyone and some changes was needed.

For new users, we now show the rules at https://ftp2.grandis.nu/turranadduser before the user selects if they are a EAB or Safir user.

For existing users, there is an upload_rules.txt file containing the rules in your personal folder in ~Uploads. You will not be able to upload files or create folders in there until you've read and deleted that file. Deleting the file will constitute an acceptance to the rules.

I might push out this file again every few months to remind everyone of the upload rules or if there are changes to it.

If files or folders are denied, have a look at the status message in your FTP client.
Quote:
[R] MKD Test
[R] 550- You must first accept the upload rules by reading and then deleting the upload_rules.txt file in your /~Uploads/turranius dir.
[R] 550-
[R] 550 MKD Denied by dirscript.
This only applies to the ~Uploads folder. If you have been granted permission to upload outside the ~Uploads dir, this does not apply there.

2:
Be advised that I plan to change how the upload folders work. Since it turns into a mess in there real quick, the plan is to hide the folders in ~Uploads so you'll only see your own. Once you upload something you'll have to have someone move it to a better location outside of ~Uploads by requesting a move. Any files still in your ~Upload folder will be deleted after a number of days as the FTP is not a personal cloud storage.

If you have your own "kit" or something, you can get your own folder for it outside of ~Uploads where you have full access directly instead, much like "Retroplay WHDLoad Packs" or "DamienD's WinUAE Collection".

If you have a better idea on how to solve the mess of old files and duplicate uploads, I'd love to hear it. =)

Don't take this as me not appriciating all the contributers / uploaders. I do, I'm just not looking forward to asking TCD for a 2 week cleanup job again in a few months.

Last edited by Turran; 04 December 2022 at 19:39.
Old 04 December 2022, 22:10   #3095
BooBoo02

Hi,
For as long as i could remember, i have been able to access the file server via my web browser and download new files up until a week ago. The last file i tried to download before i was unable to access the site was this. http://ftp.grandis.nu/turran/FTP/~Up...rv2k/AGS_V1.5/ I have downloaded way less than the allowed amount before being restricted. When i test the file server on https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ , i get the following message "Ftp.grandis.nu is UP and reachable by us" Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04 December 2022, 22:17   #3096
TCD

The new main access is via ftp2.grandis.nu. This link should hopefully work for you: https://ftp2.grandis.nu/turran/FTP/N.../AGS/AGS_V1.5/
Old 04 December 2022, 22:54   #3097
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo02 View Post
Hi,
For as long as i could remember, i have been able to access the file server via my web browser and download new files up until a week ago. The last file i tried to download before i was unable to access the site was this. http://ftp.grandis.nu/turran/FTP/~Up...rv2k/AGS_V1.5/ I have downloaded way less than the allowed amount before being restricted. When i test the file server on https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ , i get the following message "Ftp.grandis.nu is UP and reachable by us" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sure sounds like you got hit with the temporary ban. That blocks both ftp.grandis.nu and ftp2.grandis.nu. FTP and HTTP. If it was from downloading too many files or GB from HTTP, its 7 days ban max (it calculcates everything downloaded the last 7 days, so if you downloaded 25GB 6 days ago and 26GB today, the ban would only be 1 day and it would open up again, reporting that you've downloaded 26 GB.)

If the ban is from downloading from the FTP using the anonymous "ftp" account, the lenght varies depending on how much you managed to download and some other factors. Can be everything from 10 minutes to permanently.

Both ftp.grandis.nu and ftp2.grandis.nu works the same way for downloading. Its only the uploading that needs to be done on ftp2.grandis.nu from now on.

PM me your external IP and I can have a check. Check your IP with http://checkip.dyndns.org/

Last edited by Turran; 04 December 2022 at 23:04.
Old 05 December 2022, 00:32   #3098
BooBoo02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Sure sounds like you got hit with the temporary ban. That blocks both ftp.grandis.nu and ftp2.grandis.nu. FTP and HTTP. If it was from downloading too many files or GB from HTTP, its 7 days ban max (it calculcates everything downloaded the last 7 days, so if you downloaded 25GB 6 days ago and 26GB today, the ban would only be 1 day and it would open up again, reporting that you've downloaded 26 GB.)

If the ban is from downloading from the FTP using the anonymous "ftp" account, the lenght varies depending on how much you managed to download and some other factors. Can be everything from 10 minutes to permanently.

Both ftp.grandis.nu and ftp2.grandis.nu works the same way for downloading. Its only the uploading that needs to be done on ftp2.grandis.nu from now on.

PM me your external IP and I can have a check. Check your IP with http://checkip.dyndns.org/
Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it. By the looks of it, i must have downloaded more than i was allowed as i am unable to connect to both ftp addresses. I'll check my ip and send you a PM. Thanks.
Old 05 December 2022, 09:28   #3099
Turran

All sorted. 70.88 GiB and 17 files over 7 days. Only gave a 2 day ban though and it has already been removed automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo02 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it. By the looks of it, i must have downloaded more than i was allowed as i am unable to connect to both ftp addresses. I'll check my ip and send you a PM. Thanks.
Old 05 December 2022, 10:11   #3100
chip

Turran i need explanation on your point number 2

Are you saying that files MUST to be moved some other place on the ftp after the upload ?

In that case who is responsible for the move, TCD or you ?

Thanks, chip