English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 13 October 2013, 16:59   #21
richyrandall

Ive only used it on the 94 end of season edition, but im guessing it probably works on the 93 editions too....

I just cant bloody remember how to get the bloody thing running. .. dead annoying...
Old 21 January 2014, 19:51   #22
kevster9966

champmanager editor

Anyone get editor working for champ manager?

Old 22 January 2014, 10:44   #23
richyrandall

Yes mate...

Are you using UAE? If so, I can explain...
Old 22 January 2014, 21:12   #24
kevster9966

Smile champ manager

yes using uae, loaded up editor via uae, it says loading and sorting data from main file? but nothing seems to load. any ideas what im doing wrong, thanks kevin

Last edited by kevster9966; 22 January 2014 at 21:27.

Old 23 January 2014, 20:12   #25
richyrandall

Well, the way I did it was to get UAE up and then place the CmEd310.zip folder in DFO:

Then the Champ Manager disk 1 in DF1:

disk 2 in DF2:

and disk 3 in DF3:

...Then as long as youve got the CPU at 68020, it should load up fine...

Then when it has loaded you need to go to the disk with the arrow pointing in - should say load info or something similar when you hover over the pic - click on that...

Then, click on the button that says "Dev/Files" and click in DF1: on the left hand side..

Then gently drag the scrollbar down to ChampMan and click on it... It should load all the info...

*JUST AN IMPORTANT NOTE THOUGH, IVE ONLY MANAGED TO GET THIS TO UPDATE INFO SUCCESSFULLY WHEN YOUVE ALREADY SET THE GAME UP AND SAVED THE GAME AFTER PLAYING IT - IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU'VE NOT PLAYED A SINGLE MATCH, BUT YOU DO NEED TO SET IT UP AND SAVE IT AS A SAVED GAME*
Old 23 January 2014, 21:36   #26
kevster9966

Ok, ive placed the cmed310.zip folder in DPO, and the champ manager in DF1, DF2 and DF3. loaded up the editor and got to the main menu. clicked on the main data loading icon. but just not doing anything now, been loading for a while now. how long does it usually take to load data up? thanks kevin

Last edited by kevster9966; 23 January 2014 at 22:03.

Old 24 January 2014, 11:51   #27
richyrandall

Have you loaded the game up and created a save game yet?? You need to do that first so that disk 3 has a saved game on it...

The editor edits the save game data, not the original data, as I've frustratedly found out myself several times!!
Old 24 January 2014, 14:14   #28
kevster9966

No haven't done that. So I load up game via WAE. And save it then use the editor for the saved game? Do I have to use workbench or can I just load straight from UAE. thanks kevin

Old 24 January 2014, 17:09   #29
richyrandall

Just load it up how you loaded the editor, but without the zip file, obviously....

Disk 1 in df0, disk 2 in df1, disk 3 in df2.....

Go through the set up and save game....
Old 24 January 2014, 18:33   #30
kevster9966

Thanks for your help. Works great! I notice you can't lengthen the names any longer than what they are? Any way around that? Thanks kevin

Old 25 January 2014, 12:55   #31
richyrandall

I've not found a way around it, yet.... It just cocks the game up and you have to start all over again..

When I've changed a name to my name, I've found I have to use the name Rich Randall, instead of Richard, as the only other player I've found recently with the same number of letters is Michael Johnson!!

Can anyone on here help with this???

I've also found that is sometimes messes up when you do a player swap from one thats abroad to one in England (i.e swap Andy Cole for David Platt)...

Think theres one or two issues - Maybe its the way the code is written?
Old 19 August 2014, 08:16   #32
hossamallam

can i use this editor for editing the PC version of the game ?
or can i get some help with editing the PC Version ?

Old 18 February 2015, 23:38   #33
osullivan18

Hey guys, can someone help with the editor, I have the binary error come up whenever I try to load the game part. I'm placing CMed310 in DF0 then CMEXE in DF1.

To update, I have managed to edit the ADF version, but I was wandering if I could edit the version on my PC I have. It still just gives the binary error when selecting the main game file and save game. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by osullivan18; 19 February 2015 at 10:29.

Old 19 January 2022, 19:47   #34
millerjones

I know this is an old thread any update on a new version of the editor?

The readme did mention about adding more features.

It's strange that no one has done a more modern or friendly version even if it is only for PC one.

To answer some of the questions people have asked.

1. You can not increase name lengths (If you need a longer name select a player that already has one and rename them and then transfer to the team you want them in)

2. The same sort of thing as above with teams and staff also remember this game tended to use short names Manchester United (Man UTD)

3. End Of Season 94 and Italia 95 are supported.

4. It appears you can not edit the PC version with this.

5. People who keep getting the errors about files you need to have the correct version of the game and select the files from the disks.

6. No matter what you do it can't be updated fully I tried myself and noticed if I remain a player it appears to link to other player (Example Palace I remains John Salako to Wilf Saha all the Johns appeared to change to be named Wilf)

Last edited by millerjones; 20 January 2022 at 05:52.
Old 19 January 2022, 22:35   #35
seuden
uber cool demi god

There was a 2010s update of the dos version. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Edit: Iirc it was a 2012/13 update.
Edit2: http://championshipmanager93.com/downloads.htm

Last edited by seuden; 19 January 2022 at 22:47.
Old 21 January 2022, 22:21   #36
millerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
There was a 2010s update of the dos version. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Edit: Iirc it was a 2012/13 update.
Edit2: http://championshipmanager93.com/downloads.htm
Thanks for the links.

I would stay away from the updated version the game is broken.
Old 23 January 2022, 09:12   #37
RichL

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjones View Post
I know this is an old thread any update on a new version of the editor?

The readme did mention about adding more features.

It's strange that no one has done a more modern or friendly version even if it is only for PC one.

To answer some of the questions people have asked.

1. You can not increase name lengths (If you need a longer name select a player that already has one and rename them and then transfer to the team you want them in)

2. The same sort of thing as above with teams and staff also remember this game tended to use short names Manchester United (Man UTD)

3. End Of Season 94 and Italia 95 are supported.

4. It appears you can not edit the PC version with this.

5. People who keep getting the errors about files you need to have the correct version of the game and select the files from the disks.

6. No matter what you do it can't be updated fully I tried myself and noticed if I remain a player it appears to link to other player (Example Palace I remains John Salako to Wilf Saha all the Johns appeared to change to be named Wilf)
A couple to add if I may?

7. No matter how much you fiddle / change the finances this is never replicated in the game. So if you try to change your balance to £50 million when you check your statement in game the value is still the same as it was when you saved your game.

8. Once you get to 30 seasons (I know but I’ve played it a lot) you cannot extend the players contract in the editor past that. I don’t know why you would do that but just saying.
Old 27 January 2022, 21:34   #38
millerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post
A couple to add if I may?

7. No matter how much you fiddle / change the finances this is never replicated in the game. So if you try to change your balance to £50 million when you check your statement in game the value is still the same as it was when you saved your game.

8. Once you get to 30 seasons (I know but I’ve played it a lot) you cannot extend the players contract in the editor past that. I don’t know why you would do that but just saying.

How are you trying to edit the likes of money?

None of the editors available has this feature also was this for the Amiga version or PC?
Old 29 January 2022, 09:14   #39
RichL

Well, the finance page is there on the Amiga version (I thought this was what we were discussing) but it doesn’t work so I guess what you are saying then is correct.

It’s the same screen where you can change manager ratings and stadium capacity.
Old 21 February 2023, 15:39   #40
millerjones

After all these years its odd no one has made an up to date editor or even rebuilt the game.