English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 01 November 2019, 13:14   #1
lord of time

Mystery CD32 controller!!!

Hi guys I am looking for some information just to satisfy my curiosity more than anything else! I purchased a Competition Pro CD32 controller from ebay as I had 3 CD32 controllers that dont work! it arrived today and works flawlessy... how ever its not the usual grey version... instead its cream/off white with SNES buttons A,B,X,Y and a cable that looks new i.e not used at all! is somebody making these or is it a offical controller? the code embossed on the back is the same as the one on my Faulty grey Comp Pro controller! Dont get me wrong its epic it has different modes selectable via the select button its just peaked my curiosity as to what it is!
Old 01 November 2019, 13:21   #2
lesta_smsc

I suspect these are custom. I recall them being advertised and 3D printed.
Old 01 November 2019, 13:53   #3
lord of time

I have took the back off - its actually a converted snes pad using what looks like arduino or pic and wired to a new 9 pin cable... really clean job too - i am impressed... the buttons have even been swapped so the colours match the cd32 colours layout! I will grab some photos when I get home later and show you all.
Old 03 November 2019, 21:37   #4
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord of time View Post
I have took the back off - its actually a converted snes pad using what looks like arduino or pic and wired to a new 9 pin cable... really clean job too - i am impressed... the buttons have even been swapped so the colours match the cd32 colours layout! I will grab some photos when I get home later and show you all.
If it is an arduino would it be possible to get the code off it so we could make our own?
Old 03 November 2019, 23:12   #5
lesta_smsc

Worth checking out this thread, the pad itself can take any form but the internal can be wired according to the specifications provided:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85056

The 3D print for pad can be found here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2562154
Old 04 November 2019, 11:26   #6
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Worth checking out this thread, the pad itself can take any form but the internal can be wired according to the specifications provided:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85056

The 3D print for pad can be found here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2562154
I know of the ktrl pad, fantastic product, but I'd be more interested in making an arduino SNES to CD32 adapter like I have done with for the CD-i.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about arduino programming so can't do that part of it myself.