English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 06 November 2017, 10:30   #21
honx

so i need to install iconlib on my ecs system? what is honky tonk blues? some western song?
not gonna listen to it as it's not the music i listen to. so what exactly do you mean about?
Old 06 November 2017, 10:54   #22
PeterK

No, you don't need to install IconLib to get MWB colors, but you never explained what you really want to do.

Same as you, I've never heard the original Honky Tonk Blues from Hank Williams before, but maybe Honky Tonk Woman from the Rolling Stones or similar songs from other bands. http://www.laut.de/Hank-Williams/Son...k-Blues-804597
Old 06 November 2017, 11:07   #23
honx

just wanted to set these mwb colours for corresponding icons to be displayed in correct colours.
the other song i don't know also. sounds like 40s or 50s music? a bit too old for my taste...
Old 06 November 2017, 11:33   #24
daxb

The ClickForColors is present in the MWB archive and al lot of other MWB icon/pattern/... sets. If you double click, it will set the MWB color palette temporary. But if you open PalettePrefs and save the palette it will be there until you change it. So you don't need to install anything.

FullPalette need to be installed if you want to use it. It is useful if you have a screen with more then 8 colors.
Old 06 November 2017, 11:42   #25
honx

yeah, i'm using fullpalette which is installed and running already. so far so good.
i was just searching for the correct colour values to set and fix within fullpalette.
values peterk posted come close to mwb colours but i have to do some finetuning.
Old 11 October 2018, 15:43   #26
number6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Hi, I am looking for a FullPalette settings file to use Magic Workbench icons without having to run the dreaded MagicWB-daemon.

Any help will be apreciated.
I realize you have little to no interest in 256 color, but this illustrates Magic Workbench, New Icons, and 256 color icons simultaneously.

coexistence

Glow icons would look as intended if added as well.

The byproduct, of course, is that images all hold the same quality no matter how many you show on screen simultaneously.

Old 28 November 2018, 17:47   #27
Kernel

Glad I found this thread... I had a few questions more out of curiosity than anything else. I'm sure it's been answered 1000 times before and I could find bits and pieces of the answer with a lot of digging, but...

I'm using OS 3.1.4, VisualPrefs, FullPalette, and the PeterK icon.libraqry under a 256 color WinUAE RTG desktop. I've set the Workbench Prefs "SetMagicWB Colors" option to ON and I know that MagicWB icons use colors 0-7 of the palette, and I have colors 4-7 locked in FullPalette per other recommendations.

Here's the questions...

1) Should I lock 0-3?

2) What exactly does the "Set MagicWB colors" do? Is this simply forcing 4-7 to the MagicWB colors as shown in FullPalette?

3) Why does the standard Palette program not show the MagicWB colors in 4-7 like FullPalette but instead using 252-255 as 4-7? Is this by design or a flaw in said design?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	palette_questions.PNG
Views:	209
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	60990  
Old 28 November 2018, 18:23   #28
PeterK

1) The pens 0-3 for the system colors are always locked.
2) Correct, it sets pen 4-7 to the MWB colors
3) Prefs/Palette always sets the first 4 and the last 4 pens (in multicolor mode) and locks them. If you want to use the MWB colors for the last 4 pens too, there is a tool "ClickForColors" in the MWB package. After using that just open Prefs/Palette and save all. No need for FullPalette on 3.1.4/3.9 to set MWB colors. You can also change the MWB icons with FixMWB from Aminet to switch between pens 4-7 and 252-255 to avoid wrong colored MWB icons and to save pens for other colors. MWB should only use pens 4-7 nowadays.
Old 28 November 2018, 20:03   #29
Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
1) The pens 0-3 for the system colors are always locked.
2) Correct, it sets pen 4-7 to the MWB colors
3) Prefs/Palette always sets the first 4 and the last 4 pens (in multicolor mode) and locks them. If you want to use the MWB colors for the last 4 pens too, there is a tool "ClickForColors" in the MWB package. After using that just open Prefs/Palette and save all. No need for FullPalette on 3.1.4/3.9 to set MWB colors. You can also change the MWB icons with FixMWB from Aminet to switch between pens 4-7 and 252-255 to avoid wrong colored MWB icons and to save pens for other colors. MWB should only use pens 4-7 nowadays.
OK... t's definitely starting to make more sense. I suppose the main thing that was eluding me was Palette prefs not actually reflecting 0-7 but rather 0-3 and then the last 4 of the current palette i.e. 4-7 for 8 colors, 12-15 for 16 colors, 252-255 for 256 colors, etc.

An example of what I was seeing that was really the initial spark of this question is I have some MagicWB icons that display fine, then some (SwazInfo, for example) that do not unless the last 4 are set to the MagicWB colors.