English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 17 May 2008, 02:45   #1
mikro

Installation for real amiga

Hi,

I decided to install ClassicWB FULL on real amiga.I followed your instructions for creation of System.zip (no errors or anything suspicious).

But when I use installation diskette, it depacks System.zip, yes, but in the beginning I see strange characters and screen flashes (after that it's OK again). This is all OK until the moment I reboot machine -- I see :

Wait: Unknown command
Wait failed with return code 10
1>

System.zip integrity is OK, filesize is (for WB3.1) 36 980 767.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks
Old 18 May 2008, 11:46   #2
Bloodwych

Very strange; I'm afraid I don't know what's wrong.

It looks like the workbench files haven't been copied over, but if you've made the System.zip file from a working ClassicWB install like described on the webpage, that can't be the case.

Look in the zip file - has it got a "wait" command in the C drawer?

All the disk does is unzip the System.zip file and replaces the default trash icon if you've decided to format your hard disk with one; nothing more, nothing less.

All I can suggest is try another method of install, the best being hooking the hard drive up directly to a PC and copying the files over using WinUAE. You don't have to zip the files or use the install disk if you don't want too - it isn't necessary to get the Workbench activated if you've gone through the install process in an emulator first. That method is offered as a faster way of copying over the files, but they can be copied over directly as long as you have the completed Workbench.