English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 16 March 2018, 17:42   #621
ptyerman

And why bother joining a Amiga forum and posting crap in a thread you have no interest in?
Where in this thread has anyone claimed any kind of authority over anything?
Donations have been suggested but are not absolute. Any donations made get passed to Amiga developers anyway, everyone wins.
Go elsewhere and get your "free" stuff!
Old 16 March 2018, 17:47   #622
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopibi View Post
It is hard for me to comprehend how you could justify attitude that DamienD have authority over this collection. It is all publicly available material. Yes, DamienD did spent some time in collecting and organizing stuff but it is already publicly available and it is not right to ask some money for it!
He should spread it freely, or kept it for himself. Why do you think that he have now rights to choose who will and who will not get this? Because he spent "ten" years on sorting free stuff?!?
Here we go again...

Besides my posts, read these from various members. Dunny's post sums things up nicely:

... http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=449
... http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=563

Again, this is my personal collection... yes I shared it but was only supposed to be for EAB members; then some fool leaked it and was torrented.
Old 16 March 2018, 17:52   #623
Dunny

Quote:
It is hard for me to comprehend how you could justify attitude that DamienD have authority over this collection. It is all publicly available material. Yes, DamienD did spent some time in collecting and organizing stuff but it is already publicly available and it is not right to ask some money for it!
He should spread it freely, or kept it for himself. Why do you think that he have now rights to choose who will and who will not get this? Because he spent "ten" years on sorting free stuff?!?
<sigh>

This has been argued before.

He has not made it publicly available.
Only the game image (the disks/HDFs themselves) are available publicly, the configs and screenshots were created by him.
This is his collection, so he gets to choose who he gives it to.
And he has never and will never charge for his collection. He has never demanded money for it. You appear to be having difficulty with that part.

What I find amazing is that you have so much trouble understanding this.

As an analogy:

I am creating a set of PDF files of Achewood comics. One per year, with the comic images (scaled up using an intelligent scaler), their alt-texts, the blog posts interleaved in historical order etc.

Will I give this collection of PDFs away for free? No. Will I charge people for them? No. Will I distribute them to anyone at all? No. The original author of the comics has not made his position clear, so I will not distribute.

All of the image and text I used to create the PDFs is available freely online, but I will not distribute them unless I get the all-clear from the author.

According to you, I should be making them available to all. And that's just wrong.
Old 16 March 2018, 18:12   #624
mopibi
Banned

So this collection should be only for 'golden' members of eab?

Anyhow. DamienB's collection is now freely available for everyone and not behind some membership or pay(?) wall.

Just to be clear: thank you Damien for hard work, appreciate very much, but it is simple wrong to act like this

I am not sure how you expect to be recognized as honest contributor to community when you retain rights to choose who will and who will not get this already free stuff
Old 16 March 2018, 18:23   #625
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Yes

As you know, you can grab 90% of the files off the internet... the other 10% have come from this EAB community's hard work.

So, please be my guest... go ahead; download, spend a decade sifting through *bad* files, collate, configure, install, test, take title / screenshots etc...

Once you've done all of the above then share with whoever you like.

...but don't be telling me who I should share my project with; it's totally my decision.

Re: voluntary donations... let's see:

Code:
Total received       =     £480             i.e. £280 + £200 each month
Total given back     =     €300 + £450      i.e. €300 + £250 + £200
You do the math; more money than I've received has been given back to key members of the Amiga community

Quote:
Anyhow. DamienB's collection is now freely available for everyone and not behind some membership or pay(?) wall.
Is that you again Marcus Blackfellow?

Yup, you've done a great job of spreading my project all over public torrent sites and letting everyone know exactly where to get it from...

Quote:
Just to be clear: thank you Damien for hard work, appreciate very much
Yeah sure you do, can really see the appreciation from your actions and posts here

Last edited by DamienD; 18 March 2018 at 14:00.
Old 16 March 2018, 20:21   #626
zoodah

I'm certainly no 'golden' member of EAB. I saw a post at Indie Retro News so I registered & asked Damien about the collection. I've always been appreciative that he allowed me to partake.
Old 16 March 2018, 20:27   #627
Dunny

Quote:

Just to be clear: thank you Damien for hard work, appreciate very much, but it is simple wrong to act like this

I am not sure how you expect to be recognized as honest contributor to community when you retain rights to choose who will and who will not get this already free stuff
How is it wrong? You appear to have difficulty understanding that DamienD only distributes to those he wants to. Why is that immoral or wrong?
Old 16 March 2018, 20:27   #628
Viceroy

Here we go again, do one mopibi!
Old 16 March 2018, 21:28   #629
wiz12

Somehow I don't think we've seen the last of these new one post members.
Old 16 March 2018, 21:32   #630
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Somehow I don't think we've seen the last of these new one post members.
Totally agree with you Wiz12
Old 16 March 2018, 21:46   #631
ma693541
Computer Wizard

I am now a good friend of DamienD and I warned him early against this first poster's that grab everything and then run away.
Old 16 March 2018, 22:29   #632
Viceroy

I was lucky enough to get this at the start and I kept downloading all the updates and fixes to a folder, I finally got around to installing and updating this tonight, what a fantastic creation this is, you would not expect a company to create a work of art like this. And to read all the support he has has given to us to tweak it is unreal. Its so good to have a man like DamionD keeping the Amiga alive. Well done man!
And don't let the losers grind you down ;-)
Old 16 March 2018, 23:04   #633
Ian
Global Moderator

OK, this is all getting a bit tedious now, obviously it's your right to ignore me, but I suggest this topic is locked for posting. Obvs DamienD as a mod can still post his updates, but we don't have to listen to the trolls and the numerous "no he's a good guy" posts that follow.

If it continues, DoubleD is going to get more and more annoyed, which is what the trolls want so I'm failing to see the benefit of further posting from anyone other than the D.

Just my 2 cents.

There is no reason for DD to defend himself, I can get the collection for free, I do not have to donate anything. Seems like a key point these fucktards are missing, but lock the thread and it's done with.

Last edited by Ian; 16 March 2018 at 23:14.
Old 16 March 2018, 23:20   #634
Viceroy

You really need some sort of application to join this forum? Some shocking one posters lately!
Old 16 March 2018, 23:22   #635
DamienD
Banned

Appreciated all your support and kind words my friends, thank you

@Ian; I hear what you're saying and trust me, it's even more annoying for me than you guys, when random people who don't know me one bit just join up to give me all kinds of shit... especially after leeching my collection

...but I'm not going to lock the thread again though.

It's a bit lame but going forward I'll just delete any haters' posts... if they really feel the need to comment then they can just PM me directly; simple.

No need to bring down the good vibe of the thread.
Old 16 March 2018, 23:46   #636
speshady

Quote:
Here we go again!! another absolute clown that has NO idea what hes even talking about.

Keep up the excellent work D.

Last edited by speshady; 21 April 2018 at 21:54.
Old 16 March 2018, 23:54   #637
haps
Rumpig

I get a good laugh reading the posts from people like this mopibi goose.

It reinforces my belief that a large majority of people are imbeciles and my friends and family are all wrong when they say I'm just a cranky old bastard. :P
Old 17 March 2018, 00:33   #638
ma693541
Computer Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by haps View Post
I get a good laugh reading the posts from people like this mopibi goose.

It reinforces my belief that a large majority of people are imbeciles and my friends and family are all wrong when they say I'm just a cranky old bastard. :P
Nah, I don't think so, you are not cranky old, because you are only 1 year old.
Old 17 March 2018, 12:36   #639
Simmo76

Quote:
You should have just stopped at 'It is hard for me to comprehend'...
Old 17 March 2018, 12:41   #640
DamienD
Banned

Anyway, let's get this thread back on track

It should only really be used for the following regarding my collection:
  • Support, assistance, questions and answer.
  • Feedback and suggestions.
  • Game / configuration bugs and issues.
  • Information about future updates.
...and I'm already working on the next Update Pack #3, stay tuned