English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Demos

Old 27 July 2019, 20:28   #1
henhouseharry

Trying to find missing Magnetic Fields Demo

Hi,

I am trying to find a demo by Magnetic Fields which is very like Copper Mosaic 2.

It was very like Copper Mosaic 2 except I am sure that it had a sine wave scroller with white text:
http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=6275
It used the same tune mod.ramboloader

I remember it being on a compilation but I can't find it in my archive of disks which I converted to DMS and ADF format in about 1998.

When I converted my disks I found later that about 10 had been corrupted by DMS when using Heavy 2 Compression. I only used ADF format after that and converted my DMS disk images to ADF at that point. I had since scrapped most of my original floppy disks.

There is one disk image which I cannot find which is corrupted and may contain the demo. It is called ANARMF90.DMS
The disk image doesn't boot but the Volume Label is:
Anarchy... NO HOSTAGES!!

Does anyone know what demo this is? I can't find it online but by the name it sounds like an Anarchy\Magnetic Fields demo that may contain the screen I am looking for.
Old 28 July 2019, 17:02   #2
chip

Hi and welcome to the forum !

I searched ANARMF90.DMS in my Amiga Stuff, but no luck
Old 29 July 2019, 00:48   #3
henhouseharry

Thanks chip!

For the first time in many years I booted my utilities disk in WinUAE and checked my corrupted disk and found some programs on it.

Program 2 loaded properly and it was the Enhanced Blitter Lines Demo by Anarchy so I looked that up and found this:
http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=6567

It is contained in the menu:
Magnetic Fields Revenge Party Anarchy Compact
Which is this:
http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=14092

Cool! So I now have a working copy of that menu.

This menu doesn't contain the version of Copper Mosaic 2 I remember though.
Old 30 July 2019, 17:08   #4
sTe

Is any of the contents on the disk readable in ADF Workshop? I had a few disks where I had corrupt / missing data. But the CRC was intact, so after some hunting I was able to find a good exe of the demo, and requested some of the ADFW gurus, to inplace insert my good file over the same bytes of the bad version of the file. In your case ... I know it doesnt boot, so a transplant file by file maybe needed?
Old 05 August 2019, 12:39   #5
sTe

Do you still have the DMS images? Might be worth sharing a link, to see what can be decoded / discovered in the aid of trying to track down or fix the images you have.
Old 08 August 2019, 00:35   #6
henhouseharry

The disk image which was corrupted is actually "Magnetic Fields Revenge Party Anarchy Compact" which I have now downloaded so that's not an issue anymore.

It doesn't contain the version of Copper Mosaic 2 I remember though. Thanks anyway.
Old 26 August 2019, 18:27   #7
MajicMushroom
Proper Old Skool Scener

Quote:
Originally Posted by henhouseharry View Post
The disk image which was corrupted is actually "Magnetic Fields Revenge Party Anarchy Compact" which I have now downloaded so that's not an issue anymore.

It doesn't contain the version of Copper Mosaic 2 I remember though. Thanks anyway.
Disk Number 83 any use?

Packs by Omicron