English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 05 April 2009, 05:12   #1
Volumetric

Speedball2_v1.4a_JST.zip

hey again folks, was lamenting the fact that speedball2 was only available in cd32 form for when i happened across this file at KGWHD's requested file section: Speedball2_v1.4a_JST.zip. After adding it to the database, i tried to run it but got the ol dos error 205. Have i missed something here? Cheers for your help
Old 05 April 2009, 06:18   #2
Volumetric

Ok, so im feeling round in the dark here, but i decided to take a look at the structure of the speedball2 whd zip and compare it with the speedball 1 whd, i found these files in speedball 2. first differences i notice was a lack of a *.slave file and also a disk.1 file, so i renamed the file with no extention to slave, and the file with the seemingly correct (880k) size (speedball2.d1 appropriately) to disk.1. Now it finds the slave, but declares it to be illegal, any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	20932  
Old 05 April 2009, 07:06   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumetric View Post
hey again folks, was lamenting the fact that speedball2 was only available in cd32 form...
That's not really true Galahad released the disk based WHDLoad version not long ago I've uploaded the version to 'The Zone!' (look at the upper right corner). Here are the steps to access the zone : http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item
Old 05 April 2009, 10:47   #4
Volumetric

You sir rock, to the greatest extent of all that does rock. Cheers man ill give it a go right now.
Old 05 April 2009, 11:03   #5
Volumetric

no probs man, works like a charm. Was racking my brains all day trying to figure out how to get the hyperspin FE to disern the difference between a gamebase image and a WHD image, and it was all because of sb2 as its the only gamebase game i use. For some reason i cant deal with the CD32 version. It doesn't have the music, and it just doesn't feel right for some reason (the colors are subjective i guess). This solves all my problems, no need to use any gamebase roms now!! All nice and fast WHD! Cheers man, youve been my saviour over the last few days
Old 05 April 2009, 11:12   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You're welcome Volumetric Always a pleasure to help someone getting (back?) in Amiga gaming
Old 05 April 2009, 13:25   #7
Volumetric

Back indeed, although i only ever had an a500, so all this hardrive related stuff is quite foreign to me. Got it with 2 games (bards tale / goldrunner) and ageas draw. Good to have all this stuff back again on my HD, great memories (although ill be buggered if i can remember what that mindsweeper is all about lol). Cheers for your help again dude, much appreciated