English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 31 January 2008, 13:54   #41
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrF View Post
Chicks also dig Citroens well I think so.
Indeed, many times, I've seen my chicks digging out old Citroen parts I had burried on my secret hiding site, near Zakopane...
Old 31 January 2008, 14:16   #42
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

@ Mick - Easy AMOS - classy! shoulda made it 'pro' however!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJGore View Post
Using 3D Construction Kit II, I reconstructed an entire Doctor Who story in 3D, in quite a lot of detail. The sets, the outside scenes, everything. By the time I had finished it, it ran extremely slowly, but I thought it looked fantastic... particularly my 3D Dalek!
i am going to do a very geeky thing, and ask if you still have that, and if you can tell me what story it was

on other geeky thing i did at uni, was run a cable from the living room skybox, up to my computer in my room. Every weekend i would set it to record the repeats of Doctor Who on UK Gold, and then i would burn them to DVD.

i also own almost every official dr who dvd released.... that's pretty geeky! and much like mick and his Easy AMOS, it has been known for me to get some 'entertaining' whilst watching them.
Old 31 January 2008, 14:33   #43
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Quote:
I am going to do a very geeky thing, and ask if you still have that, and if you can tell me what story it was
I've long since lost the floppy disk that it's saved on, unfortunately. The story was Remembrance of the Daleks. I even did a TARDIS interior, even though it didn't feature in the story!

Quote:
i also own almost every official dr who dvd released
I own every DVD released so far, including the Davros boxset and two copies of Lost in Time (one is kept sealed)! Oh, and all the Torchwood stuff too. But I draw the line at the Sarah Jane Adventures!

Steve.
Old 31 January 2008, 15:34   #44
frsoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalQuirk View Post

does this model manage also fax data ?
Old 31 January 2008, 17:21   #45
wilshy

I cracked Desert Strike and Addams Family. No honest guv... I took a hex editor, DiskX I think, editted the disc and changed the text on the cracking screens to say "Cracked by Wilsh". It even came back and haunted me in my demoscene life when I got asked a few times if I was the same Wilsh that cracked some games. Ha.

Used to spend evenings ruining copies of games by hex editing the discs.

I started the UK demoscene wars to some degree in 1995 as well. There's some record of it on a demoscene site I found once. Mindless slagging of "lame" groups using AMOS to code demos. Was funny, even at the time.
Old 31 January 2008, 22:03   #46
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJGore View Post
I've long since lost the floppy disk that it's saved on, unfortunately. The story was Remembrance of the Daleks. I even did a TARDIS interior, even though it didn't feature in the story!
i had a feeling it might be for some reason!! i hope you hid some renegades behind the doors of Ratcliff's forecourt!

did you perchance get the idea from the tutorial in Amiga Format (i think) where they made a TARDIS and interior? i did the same, and started making the Psychic Circus!!

Quote:
Oh, and all the Torchwood stuff too. But I draw the line at the Sarah Jane Adventures!
strange, i hear (though admit, havent watched it yet) that SJS adv. is WAY better than TW s.1 was!

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 31 January 2008 at 23:04.
Old 31 January 2008, 22:24   #47
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Anoraks, anyone??

"Get Yer Anoraks 'ere....."

PMSL

Merlin
Old 31 January 2008, 23:03   #48
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Anoraks, anyone??

"Get Yer Anoraks 'ere....."

PMSL

Merlin
says the star trek fan..... ooh look!! kettle! pot! black!
Old 31 January 2008, 23:12   #49
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
says the star trek fan..... ooh look!! kettle! pot! black!
Erm, says the Dr. Who and wavy man advert emporium fan, who likes throwing stones even though he lives in a glass house (with a wavy man farm and a Tardis outside it)...

PMSL!!

Merlin
Old 31 January 2008, 23:20   #50
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

easy there mister!

i like being geeky, and wouldnt go round mocking anyone else admitting that its part of what they are? (no stone throwing on my part!)

there isnt a single person on EAB who isnt something of geek, they wouldnt be here otherwise!
Old 01 February 2008, 05:37   #51
DigitalQuirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsoldier View Post
does this model manage also fax data ?
Unfortunately, no...it just stores names and phone numbers, and only up to 30 of them. It's an older model. Still, it's quite useful; it has 5 alarms, a handy calculator mode, a decent stop watch, a "Smart" calendar, and I can store things other than names and phone numbers. Also, because it's both "Vintage" and not over-worn by the general public, it's in fashion; no matter what the people who believe themselves to be trendy say.
Old 01 February 2008, 09:32   #52
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
easy there mister!

i like being geeky, and wouldnt go round mocking anyone else admitting that its part of what they are? (no stone throwing on my part!)

there isnt a single person on EAB who isnt something of geek, they wouldnt be here otherwise!
Touche Horace, you are indeed correct, nothing wrong with a bit of banter though...no offence intended.

Live long and prosper.

Merlin
Old 07 February 2008, 21:42   #53
frsoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalQuirk View Post
Unfortunately, no...it just stores names and phone numbers, and only up to 30 of them. It's an older model. Still, it's quite useful; it has 5 alarms, a handy calculator mode, a decent stop watch, a "Smart" calendar, and I can store things other than names and phone numbers. Also, because it's both "Vintage" and not over-worn by the general public, it's in fashion; no matter what the people who believe themselves to be trendy say.
thank you for the reply
Old 07 February 2008, 22:19   #54
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
I used a hex editor to rename "The Champ" in 4D Sports Boxing to something similar like "fuckbag" for he almost always beat my boxer down . I also hex-edited some party members (all! ) in Death Knights Of Krynn to have 255 HP (especially the mage).

EDIT: still no match for Keropi's geekyness though lol
Old 13 February 2008, 17:03   #55
Redsquirrel

I cant remember exactly if this was before i had a 4mb expansion or not, i dont think it was..

but i managed to get some free internet details (free being that i discovered my schools dialup account!) and set up my amiga so i could use the internet from floppy disc.

Basically everytime i wanted to use the internet i booted from disc, had to run termite TCP from disc to connect and then copy the amiga web browser to RAM because it was wouldnt run from a single floppy disc , i think IRC ran from disc which i used a lot of the time. I always cleared out stuff from WB that took up memory too.

Then i got a hard drive which made things better, but i got a pc like a year or two later so switched..
Old 14 February 2008, 06:49   #56
toronto

Mine would have to be buying my first A500 with 2 or 3 insurance checks when I was laid up from a work accident and barely eating and keeping my utilities on. A few years later when all the surgeries and legalities were over and I got my final settlement, the first thing I bought with the money was an A3000.

Also, programming for Loadstar (C64 disk mag) even after they couldn't pay me anymore. Although, Fender would send me little token hardware things he had laying around.
Old 14 February 2008, 12:13   #57
Andec

None of my geeky moments had anything to with the Amiga unfortunatley.

The geekiest thing I ever did was build Linux, from scratch (source), not once but twice.
Old 14 February 2008, 16:49   #58
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

I "mastered" a D&D campaign via chat ... but I think this is not so unusual
Old 14 February 2008, 17:10   #59
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andec View Post
None of my geeky moments had anything to with the Amiga unfortunatley.

The geekiest thing I ever did was build Linux, from scratch (source), not once but twice.
Can one do ANYTHING non-geeky with Linux ?
Old 14 February 2008, 17:15   #60
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
Can one do ANYTHING non-geeky with Linux ?
Yes: turn on/off the pc from the switch!!!!