English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 27 September 2017, 16:59   #41
earok

I couldn't sleep, so I ended up whipping up a CD32 version for testing (zoned). It is NOT tried on a real console yet. I'll include this on my site along with Ross' ultimate edition ADF if no problems come up with it.

* Uses previous (non trained) executable as a base.
* With Modrobert's jump fix.
* Licenceware screen doesn't require right click (will skip immediately after it's unfurled) so mouse isn't required.
* Highscore is essentially disabled so keyboard isn't required at all. Did this in the crudest way imaginable (bumped all default highscores up to 2 billion!). Though you'd still need a keyboard for entering a level password.

On top of all of that, a utility Galahad made awhile back (closedelay20) is included on the disc. Basically it fixes an issue where some games are essentially incompatible with CD media as there's too short a gap between closing one file and opening the next - Plumpy appeared to have this issue.

@Ross or @Damien, as the trained version is Workbench compatible, is there any chance we could get a copy of it put in an LHA for Workbench users? If there isn't a workbench icon around I could ask around to see if we can get an icon for it. Cheers.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 27 September 2017, 18:24   #42
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
@Ross or @Damien, as the trained version is Workbench compatible, is there any chance we could get a copy of it put in an LHA for Workbench users? If there isn't a workbench icon around I could ask around to see if we can get an icon for it. Cheers.
From looking at ross's "utlimate" disk; he's incorporated the Flashtro trainer into the main "Plumpy" file.

In The Zone! you will now find "Plumpy.lha" which was created inside WinUAE on my Classic WB 3.1 Lite .HDF
Old 27 September 2017, 20:01   #43
ross
Omnia fert aetas

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfalcon View Post
we will put this version on Flashtro. <3
Great!

Last edited by ross; 14 November 2017 at 22:47.
Old 27 September 2017, 20:08   #44
ross
Omnia fert aetas

Quote:
You could simply copy Plumpy(+icon) and DATA folder from "ultimate" and you are done

NOTE: seems that i've made a Coloricons icon so is only properly rendered in OS39.. (in previous OS is a generic icon but works).
NOTE2: you also need powerpacker.library in LIBS:

This is the image:
Attached Images

Last edited by ross; 14 November 2017 at 22:47.
Old 01 October 2017, 15:25   #45
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Thanks earok for fixing the levels. Now I can finally play it to the end!

BTW: I know more games that needs to be fixed if you are interested
Old 02 October 2017, 07:18   #46
earok

Cheers Ross and Damien

Hipoonios: No worries! Feel free to list them all here. There's some very talented people watching this post so if I don't get around to fixing them someone else will
Old 02 October 2017, 21:56   #47
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Feel free to list them all here. There's some very talented people watching this post so if I don't get around to fixing them someone else will
It's a bit off topic to list them here so created a new thread
Old 07 October 2017, 11:46   #48
earok

All done with this - there's an official home (or at least as official as this could be!) at http://earok.net/game/plumpy-fixed-edition, including ADF, LHA and CD32 ISO editions.
Old 07 October 2017, 14:29   #49
DamienD
Global Moderator

Nice work earok

...but you forgot to credit "warfalcon" AKA "SIRIaX" @ Flashtro for the main trainer also.
Old 08 October 2017, 00:55   #50
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nice work earok

...but you forgot to credit "warfalcon" AKA "SIRIaX" @ Flashtro for the main trainer also.
Whoops!

I'm not quite sure how the trainer stuff should be credited, so I've put Ross and SIRIaX. Hope that's ok :S
Old 08 October 2017, 01:34   #51
DamienD
Global Moderator

I'm sure that's cool my friend

...but, if you want the exact order of process that the final / ultimate version "ross" provided went through (as detailed in this thread):

a) SIRIaX @ Flashtro trained with many options.
b) ross then fixed an issue he found with the above i.e. "unlimited energy" only works if "unlimited lives" is selected; and then also applied "ModRobert" jump = fire also hack.
AdSense AdSense