English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 20 November 2015, 12:55   #1
cinemaware

Wings! - Remastered Edition for AmigaOS4, MorphOS and Aros x68

Hey Guys,

this is Sven from Cinemaware and i want to inform you about the upcoming release of "Wings! - Remastered Edition" for AROS x86, MorphOS, Amiga OS4 (Warp 3D) and Amiga OS4 (RadeonHD Compositing) as a limited BigBox-Edition.

"Wings! - Remastered Edition" was our successfully kickstarter campaign and was released originally for PC and Mac. But thanks to the community we get in touch with Daniel from Goldencode and he is working on the port. Right now you can download also a demo for you system (link down below)

This physical release is limited to 300 Editions. This will be the only physical release, no 2nd Boxed-Edition will follow. It will be a classic BigBox with the Manual (Aviation Manual included), Poster and a CD which includes the Game and the Soundtrack. Also the classic Wings is included.

One important thing. This is a real community project. Daniel worked for free till now and continues with developing if we reach 150 sales (right now we are around 130) but can only be completed paid if we sell all 300 copies. We, Cinemaware, will not earn anything on this game. If all 300 Boxes are sold, he can also fully concentrate on the Port, so the release of Feb. 2016 is really safe. Sales goes complete to Daniel for the port and the production of the box. So its really important that we get sold out If this project and also the "Defender"-Project are successfull, then other ports to Amiga-Systems are realistic.

So please support this game and also spread the word and link

http://retro.cinemaware.com/product/...amiga-edition/

Thanks
Sven

Here the complete content and link to the Demos:

Wings! Remastered Amiga Edition for MorphOS, AROS x86, Amiga OS4 Warp3D, Amiga OS4 RadeonHD Compositing

Classic Big Box

Manual

CDRom (Wings! - Remastered Edition, Wings! -Classic, Soundtrack on Disc)

Poster

Limited Edition of 300 Boxes.

Release estimated Feb. 2016

Download the demo:

MorphOS:
http://www.goldencode.de/download.ph...mo_MorphOS.lha

AROS:
http://www.goldencode.de/download.ph...sDemo_AROS.zip

AmigaOS4 Warp3D
http://www.goldencode.de/download.ph...OS4_Warp3D.lha

AmigaOS4 RadeonHD Compositing (für Radeon-Karten ohne 3D Treiber)
http://www.goldencode.de/download.ph...ompositing.lha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wings_box.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	46301  

Old 20 November 2015, 17:24   #2
rhester72

Any chance you guys could fix Wings Classic for PC? The game is unplayably broken and well-documented on the GoG forums - I gave up trying to get someone to fix it six months ago, and it's been broken since release. :/

Rodney
Old 20 November 2015, 17:35   #3
cinemaware

Okay, it should be that we get a not of the GOG-Release. Wíll check that.

Old 20 November 2015, 23:43   #4
tolkien
AmigaMan

Great game and Daniel is going to do a very good work.
Thanks.
Old 21 November 2015, 13:41   #5
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
Fantastic! Will it have a French version ? I'm volunteering to translate texts if need be... Wings! is THE game I've played all year round in 1991-1992...
Old 22 November 2015, 16:47   #6
cinemaware

Thanks There is French text in the game.

Old 29 November 2015, 08:38   #7
Omolungo

Only 13 preorders to go to make this happen

The game is great, tested on my Sam460ex the compositing version and it runs like a charm!
Old 02 December 2015, 07:48   #8
Omolungo

8 preorders to go

Please spread the word in order to reach the minimum of 150 preorders in order to have the port of this game on Amiga NG
Old 02 December 2015, 23:30   #9
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
It's only for NG Amiga !?
Old 03 December 2015, 03:18   #10
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb132 View Post
It's only for NG Amiga !?
Windows and Mac also, I hear. Maybe Linux. 68k lacks processor power to run the remake.
Old 10 December 2015, 21:07   #11
Omolungo

An update from Daniel, the coder of the game for AmigaNG, after the reach of 150 preorders sold:

"Thanks to all who preordered so far!
The minimum amount of 150 preorders has been reached by now which means: I'm working on the port again

However, 300 are the amount we really need to fully cover all costs, including my development costs. Since this here is a complete rewrite and no "simple" port like for example Tower57 will be, those sum up.
The 300-calculation was meant to cover about three months of full time work on this title (plus production costs plus some other Cinemaware outlays, and taxes of course).
As you may guess with 150 preorders things look different. I am not able to work full time on this title for now. Consequently it is unlikely that the Feb. 2016 release date can be achieved.
I'll do as much as I can, but I'll have to take care first that my warchest stays filled to a certain level.

Because forum work eats up my time too I decided to keep a small development diary (not much there yet) instead of answering question X over there and talk about progress Y somewhere else.
That way you can always check out the current progress. I'll also answer (technical, gameplay related) questions there when I see some on any forum.
Just follow the link in my signature.

I'll also update the demo version from time to time, of course.

Cheers,
Daniel"

Link to the development diary of the game
http://www.goldencode.de/amiga/
Old 09 July 2016, 16:02   #12
s2325
Zone Friend

Wings Remastered Amiga OS 4 W.I.P [ Show youtube player ]
Old 14 December 2016, 21:14   #13
spudje

I can't seem to find anyware where the AOS 4.x version requires an AmigaNG or whether it will also run on a classic Amiga with PPC and AOS 4.x (and 3D video card)? Can someone enlighten me
Old 15 December 2016, 11:12   #14
Referencement

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaware View Post
Thanks There is French text in the game.
That's awesome! I always prefer to play games in French, it's easier for me to follow what's going on.

Old 15 December 2016, 13:05   #15
hooverphonique
ex. demoscener "Bigmama"

If it's compatible with AROS 68k, it should be compilable on OS3.x, right!? Sufficient processor power or not...
Old 14 March 2019, 06:31   #16
klx300r

guys I reached out to Daniel and he was kind enough to give me the latest update below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wings: it is almost done since months. Beta testing had already been started but then the project fell into hibernation again ?
What remains to be done is bug fixing (mostly dogfight AI related; some airplane model LODs need extra love; some other minor stuff), the Compositing render path (all the rendering layer had been rewritten during the project, and the Compositing backend has not been fully reimplemented yet) and some details here and there.

Before anybody asks: no, I have not taken or seen or wanted even a single dime of those preorders so far, when the game is done, then and only then I'll request my share.

And no, the game has not been released yet. There exist packages for people who asked for a CD which only contains a dev demo build from about one year ago.

It is preorders so if people dont want to wait longer they can cancel it and get their money back.

It is done when it's done. I and only I will say when. Any news on that from other sources is nonsense.
Sorry that this has become a neverending story but it is as it is.

Unfortunately this is one of those seldom projects for which I have heavily underestimated the workload (yesyes, T57 too but thats a different story, there the "port" became half of a rewrite because of bad original code).

Wings is no port in the sense that you have some rather portable C code.

It is a game written from scratch with only a pile of partially incomplete or broken or faaar too heavy assets and a few js scripts and such as base. Plus an exe and some youtube vids to check out how it should work and look like.
The conversion and downstripping of the hundreds of 3D models took muuuuuuuch more time than I had thought. So did level "conversion" and especially the testing etc (countless maps you all have to check for little issues caused by buggy original data or because you missed subtle details)

If you spend month after month with sth like that, workflow and motivation doesn't become better ?And other projects are to be done as well.And other projects are to be done as well.Both for a living and for Amiga.
Anyway, on some day it will be done. I won't trash a project that has costed so much sweat and has come so far."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it's 'almost' done but done only when it's done and I for one am very fine with that considering Daniels track record with various successful Amiga projects