English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 14 July 2011, 16:50   #1
MethodGit

Super Loopz (original)

Anyone happen to have an original ADF of this? Particularly Andreas, if he still has it? This games seems obscure enough to never pop up on eBay (not that I can image disks still anyhow) so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!
Old 14 July 2011, 21:19   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Opening yet another thread request for yet another copylock game that you no doubt want to crack? When will you learn Marcus, we don't need 100 threads asking for a single game to be uploaded! Why don't you create a "Marz Requests" thread ONCE and put the requests in that? Those that have no interest in uploading files can then skip the entire thing easily.
Old 15 July 2011, 03:38   #3
MethodGit

First off, I hardly even do it that often, so "100 threads" is such a melodramatic over-exaggeration. Also, doesn't everyone else request single games per thread?
Old 15 July 2011, 04:36   #4
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

I can't think of anybody else that requests a game, then comes back shortly with a new request in a new thread so often...

Answer me this: Why do you so badly need this original game?

This sounds like your Pipe Dream original request where you completely ignore everyone's responses.
Or is this going to be another Myth 'What compression does this use' fiasco?
Or how about a Hook 'is it cracked 100%' attempt?
Perhaps you can add it to your The thing about certain copylocks thread?
Maybe there's more legs in your Do Dojo Dan's RNC chunks use any protection? Another chance to get Stingray to do your work, then you can ignore him and decrunch the files yourself.
Then again, you could add to your What to alter/add for Rodland patch thread, where everyone tells you to patch the decruncher but instead you repack the entire thing and something goes wrong.

I could keep going, but it all boils down to this. You request tonnes of original games. You have an obsession with comparing the cracked versions to these and then re-creating them without any understanding. When you have found a few bytes difference, you want to depack the entire file, blindly change a few bytes, and tada - a MethodGit "crack" is born.

Super Loopz has already been cracked, I think it was by Hoodlum. And I've done the WHDLoad install, there's nothing remotely difficult about cracking that game. You will learn NOTHING from attempting to re-crack a simple copylock game.

Why don't you prove to everyone on here you can do something for yourself. Release a WHDLoad install for ANYTHING that doesn't have an install already. I don't care if it's a commercial game, PD game, demo, whatever.

You will gain a lot more of my respect if you can actually release something that doesn't already exist to the Amiga community.

Rant over.

Last edited by Codetapper; 15 July 2011 at 04:51. Reason: Added Pipe Dream note
Old 13 August 2011, 19:33   #5
mai

I cant find the "FLT" cracked version, this version is not available in any of those many BBS archives on the fileserver.
"Galahad" wrote the "HF" cracked version is not 100%.