English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 23 June 2006, 01:06   #21
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

@sarek2k
Take a look at this link.... either drive you nuts or bring back memories!
Old 23 June 2006, 02:01   #22
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
@quahappy yeah a m8 sent me that link a few weeks ago some classics eh

video quality ain't great but they have a lot of stuff and limited bandwidth i suppose!

Thanks for the shout tho m8!
Old 23 June 2006, 08:42   #23
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek2k
@quahappy yeah a m8 sent me that link a few weeks ago some classics eh

video quality ain't great but they have a lot of stuff and limited bandwidth i suppose!

Thanks for the shout tho m8!
heh heh..... my kids keep wanting to watch the video, The Firm - Star Trekkin' all the time on that 80's site!

As for video quality... yep, it's shite, but the picture quality kind of reminds me the crap aerial we used to have for the TV before getting a brand new one! How things have changed
Old 02 July 2006, 23:38   #24
AmiGamer

Back from a short vacation trip, sorry for the late response...

First of all, Lemmings:Tribes Medieval Levels remix is submitted but right now it's #20 in the upload queue so it will still take a while...

quahappy, glad I could help you with these CDs, and I agree with you... 99% of the music that is produced nowadays is, well, bad Regarding popular music, I'm more a fan of the 80s... As for requests for future remixes, up to now i have more than 15 i have planned but couldn't get my butt up to work on but once these are done, i'm always open to suggestions *g*
Are you talking about Aegis Sonix? I used this too in the beginning of my musical experiences (hooked my Casio 456 sound Tone Bank keyboard to it). Great program on the Amiga...
Now, the "quality" instruments i play on are a Korg X3 workstation and a Yamaha PSR-4000 multifunctional keyboard. For additional effects, i have smaller keyboards (more like child toys *l*), a very old Yamaha PS-35, a Casio SK-200 sampling keyboard and the Casio 456 sound Tone Bank keyboard. Up to now, the only instrument i used for my remixes is the Korg Workstation, though, it has a built-in 16 tracks sequencer on which I record my songs, then I load them into my computer for post-work using the software "SoundForge 7.0" (not a sequencer software, more like direct waveform editing. More complicated but you can do a lot you can't do in a sequencer software there). To include original SID/MOD files, i use "mod4win" and "SidPlay" (freely downloadable from the internet), although i have never done this yet. Oh, and i downloaded a nice free Vocoder software a few days ago, might use this soon...
You can see me sitting on my instruments on my profile page at http://www.remix64.com/member_amigamer.html

sarek2k, thank you very much, yes, the Turrican appeal is lost a bit in this one, probably mainly because i used the original Ennio Morricone soundtrack in it, rather than re-playing it myself...

wanderer/sarek2k, sorry for sounding stupid but what/where is the Zone?

blade002, thank you very much... glad you like it, this remix polarized a lot. On one side there are the people who said "Wow, great idea to combine these two pieces".. on the other side there are those who say "Aw man, 90% of your remix is not even your own work"... both sides are understandable to me but of course, i prefer those who look at it the first way

Paul, thanks a lot... Actually, from the quality point of view, this is my own favourite as well

Old 03 July 2006, 00:01   #25
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

@AmiGamer i used to dabble with keyboards i started with casio sk1 sampler keyboard and had a few others like yammaha etc but they were just toys really and a good job since i have no musical talent whatsoever! My m8 who used to dabble at the same time as me now has a korg triton plus another keyboard forget what it is at the minute! The Zone is a private area for uploading files to and from read the FAQ how to get access as it's been so long now i've forgetten how i got access lol As you can see at the top is a little text link marked the Zone

(we are talking years here )
Old 03 July 2006, 00:30   #26
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

@AmiGamer
Just had a look at your profile link.... shiiiiiit - that's one excellent setup and thanks for telling us all the equipment you use!

That's the one - Aegis Sonix. Then I went on to Octamed. After that I used Music 2000 and MTV Music Generator on the (Playstation) PS1/2. Everything I did is somewhere on cassettes. Stuff I did on Sonix is crap. Improved slightly with Octamed. But I have to admit my friends thought a few of the ones I did on PS1/2 were good. Personally I think they said that out loud and "you're having a laugh?!" in there head.... I got fed up hearing others using the inbuilt "riffs" with Music 2000 so I created my own.

It goes to prove the power of the Amiga despite being limited to 4 channels compared to the many in say Music 2000, but hearing your remixes breathes new life into these mods and give them full CD quality sound and effects these classics deserve.
Old 03 July 2006, 00:35   #27
Magno Boots
Zone Friend

LOL @ you guys with your primative keyboards..
I still have my Casio VL-Tone! (remember that one?)

Seriously though, the Enio Morricone track is excellent, although I believed it was called 'Tuco's Gold' - according to an old LP I have somewhere.

That film is my all time fave...... Blonnnn - deeeeeeeeeeee

Keep up the good work.

Edit: purely for spelling mistake purposes!
Old 05 July 2006, 22:05   #28
AmiGamer

sarek2k, well, what's most important is that it's fun playing... if this is achieved, even talent is secondary... i remember when i first started learning how to play on the piano (never took any lessons *l*) people begged me to stop but what the hell.. i had fun! Thanks for the explanation regarding the zone, it says something about insufficient priviledges when i try to log in but that's okay... i guess i'll simply wait until my remix is uploaded at amigaremix.com.. got used to it by now...

quahappy, frankly speaking, this photo is more like a promo photo... I do have all this equipment but for 90% of my remixes i use the Korg X3 workstation only (the one on my right side with the cable over it on my picture).
Thanks again for your nice words, if you're trying to make me blush you just succeeded. *l* Btw, if you're still looking for C64-based CDs, i just found a nice page at http://www.c64audio.com/

Magno Boots, thank you... I took the Morricone part off the original soundtrack CD i have, it's entitled "Ecstasy of gold" there but it might have been named differently on older LPs. And i never understood why they called Eastwood with his brown hair "Blondie" in this film... *l*

Old 06 July 2006, 14:28   #29
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiGamer
Btw, if you're still looking for C64-based CDs, i just found a nice page at http://www.c64audio.com/
Thanks for the link - much appreciated! Shocked at how many are available to buy.
Old 06 July 2006, 19:44   #30
Paul
RIP Friends

AmiGamer....Another idea....How about a remix of Flashback Options 1 (Journal.mod)
Old 10 July 2006, 17:51   #31
AmiGamer

Okay, i just joined the zone to upload my Lemmings remix.. problem is, even in zipped state, it's 7.9 mb while the zone "only" allows 6 mb per file.
Sorry, folks... but you'll have to wait for the amigaremix.com release, i'm afraid
Paul, thanks for the hint... but one at the time.. right now i'm working on a remix of my all-time favourite C64 music theme.. Gliderrider ... this theme absolutely rocks!

Old 10 July 2006, 18:09   #32
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Okay, i just joined the zone to upload my Lemmings remix.. problem is, even in zipped state, it's 7.9 mb while the zone "only" allows 6 mb per file.
Sorry, folks... but you'll have to wait for the amigaremix.com release, i'm afraid
Hello AmiGamer,

Just a suggestion... You could always upload it to a file hosting site like FileFactory http://www.filefactory.com or YouSendIt http://www.yousendit.com.

I would say use FileFactory over YouSendIt though as upload / download is quicker + file stays for about 1 month (whereas only 7 days for YSI)
Old 10 July 2006, 22:36   #33
AmiGamer

DamienD, thanks, i might open an account there..
Until this happens, i took the liberty of uploading a shortened "appetizer" of my Lemmings:Tribes Medieval Levels remix here at the zone.
It's a short excerpt of the song... a kind of very exclusive preview of what will hopefully soon be available on my "home" website amigaremix.com
To listen, simply go to the zone
Cheers,
AmiGamer

Last edited by Paul; 11 July 2006 at 11:26. Reason: Please don’t direct link to zone files

Old 10 July 2006, 23:22   #34
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

@AmiGamer sounds cool so far m8!

can't wait to hear all of it Can't say i've heard glider rider tune i'll have to see if there are any other conversions (c64)

Lemmings is a VERY VERY sore point for me at the moment i ain't buying a bastard PSP to play the new version and sick that sony got hold of the rights! to those that like psp i ain't knocking the machine or it's abillities just not everyone wants to play games on a hand held console!

@DamienD as soon as i saw that reply i knew it was by u lol
Old 10 July 2006, 23:49   #35
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
DamienD, thanks, i might open an account there..
Hmmm, an account... Oh, this is with YouSentIt. You don't need and account to upload though with either site btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek2k
@DamienD as soon as i saw that reply i knew it was by u lol
ROFL

What can I say, I use file hosting sites quite often. It helps me and my friends out with exchanging files, saves posting CD-Rs

Many people use ... Just don't like it as my ISP refuses to work with "Free" downloads plus you have the timer junk. Refuse to pay for the "Premium" accounts