English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware pics

Old 06 March 2018, 17:07   #21
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Did this to a power tower once but I also changed the buttons to silver. It looked good black and silver. Something so simple as changing the colour can make it look a little more modern.

From the many power towers I have refurbished, I have found that the back plates suffer most. Non of the towers have ever escaped rust either.

They are robust but very heavy units. Which is one of the reasons I went into fabricating modern PC towers for use with A1200, A600 and A500.

Nevertheless, nice job and a great effort!
Old 18 March 2018, 19:35   #22
Capeview

Nice job on the tower.

Makes mine look a little bland now, but at least it's not weather worn or discoloured which is good.

Love the case as well.

I like the back panel, much cleaner looking than mine, but I have extra holes already built in that I suppose I could use down the road if I found the right devices to install, such as monitors or other gizmos.
Old 18 March 2018, 20:03   #23
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Bye bye beige! Finally got round to wrapping the outer shell in vinyl

Whaou ! Black & Gray : The case is greatly improved with these colours !
I will consider painting it like you did when I will retrieve mine from the cellar one day .

PS: Do someone know how to resize the picture ? FAQ only mention the [img][/img] tag. Is there any [img size=...] ?
Old 18 March 2018, 21:31   #24
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

You have done such a good job, that those power and reset buttons are screaming out to be addressed too!
Old 19 March 2018, 17:58   #25
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Thanks Capeview and malko, certainly looks a lot less sorry for itself now! Here's a link to a shot of it in the wild at the Scottish meet in early feb:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yXIg9mhMQ7iHgbsw1

@MigaTech I actually quite like the teal against the black, it looks better in the flesh than in the pictures I think. Also I'm wary of painting or dying them as the tolerances are quite tight as things are!
Old 19 March 2018, 18:20   #26
Capeview

I think the Teal looks good too, but if you could get some 3D printed, maybe then try for different colours. Possibly Ferrari Red. lol

The picture just above looks really good, but the one at the meet is a little dark so doesn't show it off as well, but still better than boring Cream.

My PC is currently sitting in a Hot Orange style casing which actually looks awesome. Before that I had one of DELL's XPS models which has a very sleek case. It is one of those cases that just about lets you do an upgrade but not easily so I went with a new case. Just not sure whether it would be the right colour on my Amiga case.

What is the Vinyl though?

I'll have to post up my Tower once I get it back up and running.

Ooh yeah, Keyboard is awesome too. Was lucky enough to pick one of those up when I got my tower. It's actually a really nice keyboard to use.
Old 19 March 2018, 18:29   #27
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeview View Post
I think the Teal looks good too, but if you could get some 3D printed, maybe then try for different colours.
Not a bad shout, if I get it apart again I'll see about taking some measurements!

Quote:
My PC is currently sitting in a Hot Orange style casing which actually looks awesome. Before that I had one of DELL's XPS models which has a very sleek case. It is one of those cases that just about lets you do an upgrade but not easily so I went with a new case. Just not sure whether it would be the right colour on my Amiga case.
It's all down to personal choice, as long as you like it I think it's right

Quote:
What is the Vinyl though?
It's a precut sheet of vinyl for covering the door of a kitchen unit, I got it on ebay for a tenner

Quote:
I'll have to post up my Tower once I get it back up and running.
Definitely!

Quote:
Ooh yeah, Keyboard is awesome too. Was lucky enough to pick one of those up when I got my tower. It's actually a really nice keyboard to use.
Agreed, it really is, I got this one via the Amibay forum - it's super clean!