English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 May 2002, 00:16   #1
super saint

Installing games in winuae

I have no problems playing games that only have 1 adf file ie silkworm BUT when I try to play sensible world of soccer that has 2 adf files only the tittle screen seems to load. How do I install both files in the floppy folder.

It's probably so obvious but I just can figure it out.

Thks

Old 27 May 2002, 00:36   #2
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Very simple..

For games that can only use one drive, like Xenon 2 and Alien Breed:

Insert the first floppy in DF0: and start the game. When prompted to insert disk 2, press F12, go to the floppies menu and change the disk in DF0:. Then click the OK button.

I don't know about Sensi, but in the floppies tab in WinUAE you can insert up to 4 disks at the same time, all you need to do is tick the 'enable' box next to the drive letter. It's all in the documentation.
Old 27 May 2002, 00:43   #3
Djay
95th User

okay, i take this as you HAVEN'T set-up an Amiga Hard-file etc... more of a case of how do i insert another disk on the fly (alot of 2 or more disk games, will only read from DF0: )....

you can insert more disks by pressing F12, you'll now see a Floppies tab in the WinUAE menu, just click on the three little dots by the DF0: selection box to change over disks

if this isn't what you mean, then reply and we will sort it out...

anyway see attached image.........

while i was screen grabbing and editing, Sune Salminen replied quicker..... nice one Sune
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.gif
Views:	601
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	2627  
Old 27 May 2002, 00:51   #4
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Happy LOL

Thanks!
Short but efficient i guess. .
Old 27 May 2002, 23:34   #5
super saint

Thanks but.........

Thanks for your help guys but no luck with Sensi

I have now downloaded Alien Breed but same problem. First file is OK but when it requests disk 2 I press F12 & select 2 file in DF0 but the blue disk request screen stays on the screen & nothing happens.

Any ideas?? (When I run Winuae - I select the kickrom file within the roms file BUT do I have to select the workbench file anywhere - is this the problem????)

Cheers you guys

Old 28 May 2002, 00:00   #6
RetroMan

Hey First of all, no need to open a new thread (I have deleted it for now) since your question will be covered here !

You can also insert the second disk of any game into DF1: to DF3: .... but some games require the disk to be in DF0: but they want to be treated a bit Just start the emulation and when prompted to insert disk 2 just do this : F12 -> Floppies-Tab -> Eject DF0: -> return to game -> wait 3 seconds -> F12 -> Floppies-Tab -> insert second Disk Adf to DF0: -> return to game .......
Old 28 May 2002, 00:20   #7
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Yes.. like i said in my previous post.

...Only alien breed is probably waiting for him to press his fire button. :-)

So, press fire after you have inserted disk 2!

And, there's no need to "select" any "workbench file", just use DF0: only, and change the disk when prompted, go back into the emulation and press the firebutton or left mouse button, depending on the game.

Also, sometimes it is necessary to disable all other drives than DF0:

Last edited by Sune Salminen; 28 May 2002 at 00:28.
Old 28 May 2002, 23:52   #8
Ryan_clemens
Gold Member

haha

Geez guy have you ever run an amiga before?
everybody knows you press Fire, mousebutton etc on every device known to man attached to the amiga after you insert the next disk :-)
Old 29 May 2002, 02:01   #9
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Geez guy have you ever run an amiga before?
thats a tad unfair, i know a few people that have jumped into the Amiga scene without actually ever owned the real thing...... but hey i get where you are coming from.... i recently got asked "How to go past the cracktro on a game"... and i think the guy wasn't a newbie....

... lots of people who couldn't afford Amigas got Megadrives and Snes's for christmas, there was no swapping of carts on them LOL

----

you can fire/press LMB whatever as soon as the WinUAE menu disappears...

some adfs aren't always correctly named i.e. ....

The Chaos Engine AGA.... disk one will probably be the boot disk, and disk two will actually be disk one?!?!?!?

sometimes crackers could fit cracktros etc... onto a highly compressed disk... so they had to create a boot disk (scroll down to see what i mean)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.gif
Views:	431
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	2646  
Old 29 May 2002, 02:14   #10
Ryan_clemens
Gold Member

Hey

I was just poking fun, :-)
mostly emulators are used for nostalgic reasons but for people who never owned the thing ???? stuffed if I know.