Old 15 July 2007, 14:21   #41
BippyM
Global Moderator

well I like AmyZine
Old 15 July 2007, 14:28   #42
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
thats good too get a general consensus and the throw up a vote like you said!

i'm sure a few more names will be thrown in from other adventurous E.A.B'er's

@Zetro like the logo's m8 some good ideas in those i'll have a play after with good old xara
Old 15 July 2007, 15:38   #43
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Sweet, i look forw3ard to seeing them... there just drafts anyway... if you want the PSP's i will be back later i will zone 'em or something lol
Old 16 July 2007, 21:41   #44
BippyM
Global Moderator

http://www.rgcd.co.uk/

Someone on lemon sent me this link.. for some advice, tips etc in doing something similar
Old 17 July 2007, 01:49   #45
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I like the look, its very professional looking and certainly a look and format that would work in part for this project my friend.

However it doesn`t have that DVD part, that I think really would GIVE that EDGE. you know think of a 30's somthing, got his PS2 / PS3 but reminices the days of yorn. not anymore he can pop in a DVD and enjoy flavours of retro moments past, new ideas, scenes and communities, demos and even games leauge action.

my friends, theres a lot more than just games that will fill this project.

imagine for a moment, browsing on a 42" plasma a cool mod with pictorials or watching how THAT LEVEL was done... lots more.

and we wont need to beg for donations as the linkie does... after all its for the community, by the community!
Old 17 July 2007, 02:05   #46
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

hmmm i really like the "Zine" (Zee-een) lol...

AmyZine (Ay-Me-Zee-een) sounds cool
Old 22 July 2007, 00:52   #47
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
DAM (DVD Amiga Mag)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek2k View Post
Anyway i like DAM as a name but would prefer the emphasis on AMIGA rather than DVD!
Not sure why but I seem to like the name DAM as well

No, in all seriousness this sound like a very cool project... Just wish I had time to contribute in some way
Old 27 July 2007, 20:28   #48
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
This is an awesome idea, you should show previews of upcoming games too.

There was a show I used to love watching on weekends when I was younger, it was called The Zone, and was an Australian show about video games. They'd review new games and hardware, offer tips, hunts, and all that. The guys were on the screen as well, which I think would really help if anyone out there isn't camera shy. Maybe even filming an Amiga graphic artist or musician or someone, they can talk about how they make their work, show the tools they use, film the screen as they use their Amiga and stuff.

If anyone can submit stuff for approval to go on the DVD, I'm sure a lot of people out there have something they'd like to offer, be it film, an animation they made on the Amiga, a scene demo, a game walkthrough or whatever.

The one thing I really must stress, can someone make subtitles for all the speech in the DVD so hearing impaired and deaf people can watch it too? This also might help for non-English speaking people if someone wants to translate, as I'm sure there are a lot of European Amiga users out there who'd love this too, not to mention my deaf girlfriend who told me about this in the first place.

Here's a YouTube video I found of "The Zone" to give you an example for some ideas. I don't know if the video is any good yet, I'm on dialup and it won't be finished loading for a while.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 31 July 2007, 15:56   #49
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Quote:
http://www.rgcd.co.uk/

Someone on lemon sent me this link.. for some advice, tips etc in doing something similar
Hey - don't bite my style!

In all seriousness, I think this is a very interesting idea. However, don't underestimate the amount of work this DVD project will involve. As editor and writer for RGCD I spend at least 15+ hours a week working on the mag, most of which is taken up by dull editor-admin tasks such as emailing developers, arranging interviews, updating the website and cutting and pasting loads of HTML, sorting graphics and all that crap. Writing articles/content actually only makes up about 25% of the work that goes into each issue.

The fact that the RGCD team is now growing larger every month (over ten people now) doesn't actually help to cut down the time I put in - it just means more admin and chasing articles up! It takes a LOT of dedication to get something like this off the ground, and even more to keep it going. So be prepared for that.

From my experience, when starting a project like this up there are always loads of people wanting to help at the outset - it sound like a fun project and people will jump on the bandwagon for the kudos. However, when it actually comes to doing work, the emails dry up... Potential contributors often bite off more than they can chew, and instead of letting me know that real life has got in the way, they just disappear - leaving me waiting for articles that will (usually) never be submitted, and as a result I'm unable to pass the assignment on to anyone else. This can be really frustrating for the editor/leader of the project, as you can imagine!

RGCD #03 is due for release at Retro North in late august (www.retronorth.co.uk), so hopefully I'll see some of you there. If anyone has any Amiga projects they want featured in the mag let me know - likewise, when your DVD is ready drop me a mail so I can promote it through RGCD - we're getting a LOT of hits nowadays (100's of GB of traffic), so it should help promote your work.

Oh, and I don't particularly appreciate the comments about 'begging' for donations. Considering that I mail out physical (professionally printed and presented) CD copies to everyone whose work is featured in each issue for free (40+ posted worldwide), and I had to pay a developer for the initial HTML templates *and* of course there's the monthly webspace hosting fee, don't imagine for one second that I'm actually making any money out of this. In fact, the donation button was only added because people were emailing me asking if they could financially contribute.

Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck with this - and please let me know when it's out!

James Monkman / H. Stylus (www.rgcd.co.uk)

Last edited by Heavy Stylus; 31 July 2007 at 16:26.
Old 28 August 2007, 12:36   #50
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

On a related note, RGCD #03 is finished - and features a review of Ultra Violent Worlds.

James Monkman / H. Stylus (www.rgcd.co.uk)
Old 28 August 2007, 18:55   #51
Graham Humphrey

I wonder who wrote that one hey

And you should post that in the news section
Old 28 August 2007, 20:16   #52
ppill
CON: artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
I wonder who wrote that one hey

And you should post that in the news section
Again a nice read. It's just too bad that the games you end up reviewing are cack... better luck next time eh?
Old 28 August 2007, 20:17   #53
samklein

Send a message via MSN to samklein
Quote:
What do you guys think to an intercative (of sorts) Magazine DVD giving reviews, walkthroughs, Advice, tips and more with regards to Amiga's, gaming and EAB etc

Okay after a quick IRC brainstorm with Zetr0, Graham and THB here is what we have come up with so-far
  • Reviews with multi-sound tracks (review, mixed and game audio)
  • Longplays (Basically a walkthru)
  • Speedruns (Quickest Way to End
  • Cheats
  • Hardware Tutorials/Projects
  • Software Tutorials/Projects
  • User submissions
  • Interviews (where possible)
  • EAB Info
  • Galleries (Users systems)
  • Standard DVD Menu structure, and also a HTML menu system for use on PC's
  • Demo of the month (or quarter) or maybe a top 5 for that issue
  • Game compo screenshots and results
  • An interactive game
  • Easter eggs
and what about some programming tips like amos, basic, C.. to help people develop games?
Old 29 August 2007, 00:02   #54
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppill View Post
Again a nice read. It's just too bad that the games you end up reviewing are cack... better luck next time eh?
Thanks! And as for constantly reviewing naff games, I think they're all trying to tell me something...
Old 04 September 2007, 19:51   #55
Gavilan
Amiga user & abuser

Send a message via ICQ to Gavilan Send a message via MSN to Gavilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32 View Post
This is an awesome idea, you should show previews of upcoming games too.

The one thing I really must stress, can someone make subtitles for all the speech in the DVD so hearing impaired and deaf people can watch it too? This also might help for non-English speaking people if someone wants to translate, as I'm sure there are a lot of European Amiga users out there who'd love this too, not to mention my deaf girlfriend who told me about this in the first place.

[ Show youtube player ]
I would be MORE than happy in translating the speech in spanish for all spanish Amiga users (well not that many but..not all of them knows english...

Old 15 October 2007, 10:08   #56
Cammy

Hey there,

I'd love to contribute to this Amiga Magazine DVD. I'd love to do reviews but since I'm deaf and I'm not sure whether this DVD will be fully voiced or there will be scrolling text for the reviews and other written things.

This seems like a good idea, I'd love to help get it off the ground soon!
Old 21 January 2008, 19:45   #57
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
Has everyone lost interest in this project?
Old 21 January 2008, 19:51   #58
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I hope not, it has a lot of potential.

I think at the moment it just need some enthusiasm for the fuel tank
Old 21 January 2008, 20:08   #59
Graham Humphrey

It also needs some spare time
Old 21 January 2008, 20:18   #60
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I tihnk it would be great to get a discussion on the format for the DVD, ie what sections etc. and then we can look at some contributions.

we can settle on a stlye once we have content me thinks. so whom wants to start the ball rolling...

lets look at catagories / sections.