English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 31 March 2016, 15:08   #1041
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Where are the shaders now? They are not in any of the new "Programs" subfolder.
They're embedded in fs-uae.dat (but should work like before). If you need access to the shader files in order to make copies/modifications, you can download the individual files from https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...fs-uae/shaders
Old 31 March 2016, 15:36   #1042
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

And how do i use a modified shader now if the default ones are embedded in a dat? You made one for me (vibrant colors) some time ago.
Old 31 March 2016, 15:42   #1043
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
And how do i use a modified shader now if the default ones are embedded in a dat? You made one for me (vibrant colors) some time ago.
Same a before, store it somewhere on your system, and add:
Code:
shader = full/path/to/shader
(It occurs to me that you probably have been replacing the bundled shader file after each update, but that was never the intention)
Old 31 March 2016, 15:42   #1044
TEOL

The new 64-Bit upgrade works great on my picture, audio and game smoothness so I've made the switch now from my old 32-Bit Zip Version to the 64-Bit Zip version due to prefering it to run on external hard drives and that being the way to do it without FS-UAE building extra folders on my PC hard drive as well which the install version did do when I used that one in the past.

The one and only bug I've found is that there is no drive noise anymore it made me think there was something wrong in the program as it's normally there all the time unless I turn it off manually sometimes.

I'm guessing it's a bug to fix in the next 64-Bit Zip dev version as it's thee current one that has this drive sound not working bug for me.
Old 31 March 2016, 15:50   #1045
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Same a before, store it somewhere on your system, and add:
Code:
shader = full/path/to/shader
(It occurs to me that you probably have been replacing the bundled shader file after each update, but that was never the intention)
No, i've kept the shader folder until this new update. Ok i've set the path in "advanced settings" but it's not found by FS-UAE. Is it wrong?

shader = E:/FS-UAE/Shaders/CRT-Vibrant-Colors
Old 31 March 2016, 15:57   #1046
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
shader = E:/FS-UAE/Shaders/CRT-Vibrant-Colors
You need to include the file extension as well!
Old 31 March 2016, 16:02   #1047
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Ah, that works. The extension wasn't necessary before, well at least not when i used the default shaders folder before in older versions. 2.7.9 seems to work fine as far as i can tell.
Old 31 March 2016, 16:04   #1048
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Maybe I'll add support for putting it in FS-UAE/Data/Shaders in the next version, so you can reference it with name only, like before (works better for portable setups).
Old 31 March 2016, 16:07   #1049
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Sounds like a plan. And hints what you might add in the next development versions? Any new major features?
Old 31 March 2016, 17:51   #1050
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
The one and only bug I've found is that there is no drive noise anymore it made me think there was something wrong in the program as it's normally there all the time unless I turn it off manually sometimes.
Hmm, probably forgot to read the drive sounds from (somewhat new) fs-uae.dat. Will check and fix.

Quote:
Maybe I'll add support for putting it in FS-UAE/Data/Shaders in the next version, so you can reference it with name only, like before (works better for portable setups).
Implemented!

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. And hints what you might add in the next development versions? Any new major features?
For FS-UAE itself, mostly fixes and minor improvements. I want to do a new stable release soon. FS-UAE Launcher will probably see more improvements than FS-UAE. I've also been working on non-Amiga platform support in Launcher/Arcade, but that's kind of off-topic here I guess.

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 31 March 2016 at 20:16.
Old 01 April 2016, 11:59   #1051
TEOL

We should be able to see an FS-64 and an FS-Speccy as well as some of the other popular ones pop up in a new FS-Suite Edition as well as standalone copies very soon then.

I can't wait for that expansion.

As for shaders I think we should get a tab for them in settings and the option to select a path to one like in the multiple MAME based emulators and possibly even go as far as updating the existing scanlines section with being able to pick your own poisen of scanlines in the shaders from a path to one whilst of course still keeping the on and off buttons you have on them already but just the added option of picking the path to your wanted scanlines as on the best quality picture the default scanlines are useless as they come up badly on the picture if you make the picture the best but put the default version on.

For the normal scanlines the default bog standard picture is the only one you can use with them without them having the problem with wonky contrasts between the lines but you get a worse overall picture by having to keep it on the picture settings they work on.

Having the shader version of the scanlines selectable with a selection box to select an edition that works fine on the good picture GL_Nearest or whatever is was best picture settings I feel would be benifitial to the scanlines shader settings section and if we do that nobody would have to find the file and put a path into it anymore as well so it's a better way of the setup I feel.

I also find multiplayer a bit to complicated on the current system and there being a lack of players in the IRC based chatroom to play with as well but it's only an extra feature anyway and not top prority to change to a better system yet but I feel the shaders selection box thing and maybe getting the drive sounds repaired as well is a top prority though as the current way is as complicated as the netplay system is especially if you don't have a fs-uae.dat to fiddle with to begin with well I can't find it at least and then theres the fiddling which I can't be bothered with although I'm probably smart enough to work it out.

Last edited by TEOL; 01 April 2016 at 14:01.
Old 01 April 2016, 15:08   #1052
ninsa

Hello Frode,

First of all, thank you for your fantastic work . I love FS-UAE and have been using it for a long time. I didn`t yet upgrade to the latest FS-UAE 2.7.9dev, because the following made me a little bit worried:

Quote:
  • Simplified video_sync option (is a boolean now).
So the setting that used to be selectable among Default, Swap, Swap-Finish, Finish-Swap-Finish, Finish-Sleep-Swap-Finish, and so on... is gone now? I ask this because for me, "Swap" was the only one working correctly (And was not the default IIRC). All other settings leave the CPU permanently locked at 100% on my box, which is very annoying.

Is it still possible to somehow set the syncing method in a config file now, or is it gone? I`m using Manjaro Linux on a Intel i5-3570K with HD4000 Intel graphics.

Thank you!

Old 01 April 2016, 16:07   #1053
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Don't worry, the video_sync_method option still exists (moved to "Advanced Video" in Settings). The removed function is being able to force video_sync = vblank.
Old 01 April 2016, 16:36   #1054
ninsa

Thank you for the reply, that`s great news!
So now I just upgraded (freshly compiled from AUR) and everything works perfectly fine! FS-UAE keeps getting better and better. Thanks again for all your work.

Old 01 April 2016, 19:55   #1055
jbl007

Quote:
They're embedded in fs-uae.dat
I noticed: many files in fs-uae.dat are also installed in /usr/share. Did it always install that way? I'm not complaining about wasted hard disk space, just wondering.

Edit: The new plugin system is great because now it's possible to use plugins with a 32/64-bit dual install of FS-UAE. (I've successfully tested precompiled Linux PPC-plugins.)

Last edited by jbl007; 01 April 2016 at 20:44.
Old 01 April 2016, 21:04   #1056
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
I noticed: many files in fs-uae.dat are also installed in /usr/share. Did it always install that way? I'm not complaining about wasted hard disk space, just wondering.
Yes, the share-files predates fs-uae.dat, and after fs-uae.dat came into usage, I never removed the copying of files to /usr/share. Also, in the start, some files could not be loaded from fs-uae.net and had to be placed there. I "need" to change that at some time, but it's obviously not that important I added a reminder at https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues/110.
Old 04 April 2016, 17:03   #1057
Morrissey_de

Question Configs in Launcher Window

First thanks for fixing the Config Delete Problem in 2.7.8dev
Works fine now in 2.7.9dev

But now another problem has appeared:

I´m using the portable x86 Version.
The Config Window in Launcher is sorted by Configs.
Since 2.7.9dev everytime i save a config, the Config Window jumps to the top of the List, showing now Configs & Games.

Before 2.7.9dev the Config Window didn´t move after saving the Config
still showing only my configs.

Is there any chance to fix it?

Greets and thanks for this great tool.

MOZ
Old 05 April 2016, 00:03   #1058
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Morrissey_de I'll look it at for the next version
Old 08 April 2016, 19:17   #1059
jbl007

It looks like there is currently no way to make the emulated Amiga see a write protected disk. I used writable_floppy_images=1 and a read-only .adf. You can copy and move files around but you get read/write errors and software failures because the data is never really written to the image.
Old 08 April 2016, 20:54   #1060
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
It looks like there is currently no way to make the emulated Amiga see a write protected disk. I used writable_floppy_images=1 and a read-only .adf. You can copy and move files around but you get read/write errors and software failures because the data is never really written to the image.
I need to prioritize this really soon. Probably should be on the list of stuff to fix before 2.8.0!

I want to design a system where the write-protect status follows the disk image, and not the drive itself. For example, if the option is floppy_drive_0_protect = 1 (etc), FS-UAE will associate the protection status with the file inserted into drive 0 at boot time, not with the drive. Will need both floppy_drive_x_protect and floppy_image_x_protect options for this. Alternatively, use only floppy_image_x_protect, and require a disk image to be listed in the swapping list to be able to change protection states of the disk image.

Quote:
@Morrissey_de I'll look it at for the next version
2.7.10dev will soon be released *without* fix for this, postponed to 2.7.11.dev! -But the Launcher has a lot of other nice fixes and improvements for 2.7.10dev...