English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 15 March 2016, 20:49   #1
Emufr3ak

iUAE v1.1.0 released

We're very happy to anounce the immediate availability of iUAE V1.1 (An Amiga Emulator for iOS) on the Cydia store. If you own a Mac you can also compile from Source without the need to Jailbreak. Read http://osxdaily.com/2016/01/12/howto...ne-ipad-xcode/ for more on this. Github link is https://github.com/emufreak/iAmiga

This is a release that adds a lot of new features and bugfixes and makes the emulator much more useful.

The Project Team did grow a lot in the last couple of months. Only this made this release possible.

Here the list of new features:

-Support for Multiple Configurations
-Completely Redesigned OnScreen Joypad (Supports Up To Four Programmable Buttons now)
-Map Amiga Keyboard Buttons to Physical Joypad or Onscreen Joypad
-New GUI
-Configurable Onscreen Buttons to Map Keyboard Buttons (Thanks SimonToens)
-Support for df2 to df4 (Thanks Simontoens)
-Roms and Adf files can now be copied using Itunes (Thanks SimonToens)
-Various Crash fixes. Chaos Engine now runs. Turrican 2 is more stable (Thanks SimonTones)
-Enabled Sprite To Sprite Collision Detection. Games Like Archon and Gravity Force run now (Thanks Mithendral)
-Several New Options for Display Settings

Have a lot of fun.

PS: To stay up to date visit www.iuae-emulator.net or follow @Emufr3ak on Twitter.
Old 16 March 2016, 11:01   #2
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Would you guys believe it that one of my major motivations for switching to Android was the lack of an Amiga emulator for iOS?
That was in the iPhone 4/4S days, but damn - it made Android so tempting and I bit the bullet!

Great job on this, if this came earlier I might still be an iPhone user today... Will definitely check it out if I ever get another iPhone!
Old 22 March 2016, 12:34   #3
esc

osxdaily link broken in OP - it is here: http://osxdaily.com/2016/01/12/howto...ne-ipad-xcode/

Old 22 March 2016, 13:33   #4
esc

I keep getting version control marker errors. It points to the part that says >>>>> 1.1.0b or whatever it was exactly (can't recall precisely, on a different computer now).

Old 23 March 2016, 10:24   #5
tomekwojcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc View Post
I keep getting version control marker errors. It points to the part that says >>>>> 1.1.0b or whatever it was exactly (can't recall precisely, on a different computer now).
I had the same problem and I managed to fix it, I think. It's tricky to resolve merge conflicts in codebase you know nothing about. I managed to build and install the emulator on my iPhone 5S.

Anyways, the emulator is buggy, has terrible UI, doesn't work pretty much at all and logs no info useful for debugging. I synced the ROM file and two ADFs (for Lotus III). I choose the ADFs in the app but nothing happens. The log says the ADFs are missing (even though they're visible in ADF chooser screen) and nothing happens. Not even the "insert disk" screen shows.

I was gonna try to hunt the issues and fix them, but I got occupied with other things (namely, the F1 season start and Fallout 4 DLC).