English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 29 March 2010, 10:18   #281
TCD

Have an answer on their Facebook page :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylonian Twins
Hi,
we plan to release the Amiga version after we release and monetize from the iPhone version. The plan is to self-publish the Amiga version and that requires financial commitment. Thanks
I know it's almost the same that Retro posted, but it's good to hear the same good news twice, isn't it?
Old 08 April 2010, 22:47   #282
Portugeeza1

Guys if any of you have an iPhone then this game is out now!
Old 08 April 2010, 23:48   #283
blade002
Zone Friend

If they commit to getting the Amiga version out guys & girls then we ALL should commit some money from our back pockets and buy the game! Lets set a precedent and then maybe we will see Hard Core next!?

Last edited by blade002; 09 April 2010 at 00:28.
Old 09 April 2010, 00:00   #284
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I promise.
Old 09 April 2010, 00:03   #285
prowler
Global Moderator

So do I.
Old 09 April 2010, 00:43   #286
viddi

I swear.
Old 09 April 2010, 10:28   #287
TCD

I made the thread about it
Old 09 April 2010, 15:51   #288
Portugeeza1

I brought it for my iPhone so there!!
Old 23 April 2010, 04:15   #289
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Looks like the Amiga demo is no longer available.
http://babyloniantwins.com/background/

Consult the text a bit.
Old 01 May 2010, 04:15   #290
gingerbeardman

Late to the party on this but what a story and what a game! Congratulations to all the Mesopotamia team.

Playing it on my iPhone right now and loving it. As a lot of other people seem to be - it is smashing through the charts!
Old 14 May 2010, 07:46   #291
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I commend these guys for what they have achieved. I don't recall if the demo played well or not (it's been way too long to remember), but doing what they did is something special. I also commend them for trying to make money from the game. They've put in the time, so why not be rewarded for it? With that said, I won't be buying the game.

My point of view, which I have no doubt will make me a few enemies, is that I can't see myself spending money on it. Yes, it's a "new" game, and I'm sure it's going to be packaged and presented well, but buying Amiga games is something I don't do anymore. I'm not saying I pirate new titles, nor do I condone the practice, but I won't buy a new Amiga game. If that means I'll never get to play it, so be it.

I truly hope that in addition to the game that you can buy, a full version will also be made downloadable for free. The likelihood is that even if it was free, I'll play it for 1 hour and put it away never to be played again. Real life prevents me from spending too much time playing games nowadays, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like the option of booting it up on occasion.

My memory is hazy, so I'm sure I'm leaving out a few details, but I seem to recall the Metal Warrior games on the C64 (or at least, the later ones), have both a pay and a free version. I seem to recall it did well enough in sales that they even had a "limited edition" version of one of them.

Those of us that are going to buy a game will buy it regardless of whether or not there's a free version, while those of us that never had any intention of buying will probably never buy it.

Anyway, best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Of course, it is everyone's decision. I also think buying new game for obsolete platform is a bit crazy, but I collect games and I will be glad to support this project with my money.
Interesting points on the diverse attitude of people still using retro equipment.

Personally I don't have (and never will have) an iPhone or a 360 so I can't help that way.

The game looks OK, but there is nothing particularly stunning about it to make me rush out and spend the same amount I spend on a used PS3 game for this. There's no parallax scrolling, no massive objects blitted everywhere, it's just 'nice'. Now if it was something that made me go 'wow' when I saw it I might consider purchasing it.

A simple ADF file for a few bucks for sale on a website via PayPal is the way to go though in this day and age, it's not like the iPhone or 360 version comes with a box and physical media to load. Respect to the people who designed it though, and I wish them every success with their various projects. For me the FREE demo is enough to satisfy my curiosity, and much appreciated.

I suspect many games that we get fobbed off about with excuses are because the people holding them want to sell them not give them away free, like The Big End/Engine etc, it's a shame but hey it's their choice as it is their hard work that created it so it's all good
Old 14 May 2010, 10:25   #292
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Could you even imagine people spend for example 150 GBP for original copy of Moonstone on the eBay? :-D I am looking forward to the boxed Babylonian Twins, I will be glad to pay for it and for me it is a must. Lets say, I am obsessed :-)
Old 14 May 2010, 10:34   #293
TCD

Quote:
Could you even imagine people spend for example 150 GBP for original copy of Moonstone on the eBay? :-D
Yes

Old 14 May 2010, 15:11   #294
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Old 15 May 2010, 04:29   #295
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

great news
Old 16 May 2010, 03:01   #296
slk486
Registered Looser

Amazing stuff. Fingers crossed
Old 16 May 2010, 05:09   #297
ImmortalA1000

Moonstone which goes for a lot less than 150!, ICO on PS2, Panzer Dragoon Saga on Saturn....these are very good but very rare games. I wouldn't buy this game as an investment if that's what you're hinting at.

I found the playability a bit so-so on this game sorry, it's OK better than PD but not really that amazing and it wants to be Sonic too much with that silly power up speed boost, which is ungainly and needs a lot more work in design to fit this feature in the game comfortably IMO. Nice game but demo is more than enough for me and the graphics even in 94 would have been more like 88 standard IMO.
Old 17 May 2010, 18:04   #298
Akira

Are they trying to SELL this game for the Amiga after they sold the iPhone conversion?
Lame.
Old 17 May 2010, 22:47   #299
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Are they trying to SELL this game for the Amiga after they sold the iPhone conversion?
Lame.
They need to earn the money first to let the boxes for Amiga version to be made. Understand?
Old 17 May 2010, 22:55   #300
Akira

Quote:
They need to earn the money first to let the boxes for Amiga version to be made. Understand?
They are monetizing on the iPhone version. They should release the Amiga version as disk images for free. Who needs boxes and disks that will bitrot in years to come? Understand?