English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11 March 2018, 22:12   #61
DDNI
Targ Explorer

DDNI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Age: 44
Posts: 5,181
Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Wow, just read this thread.
What a shitty situation.

Staying or leaving is entirely DamianDs choice, however don’t be forced out by one or two dickheads. Everyone but the dickheads have got your back!!

We all value your time and support.

Stay a while! Stay forever!!
DDNI is offline  
Old 11 March 2018, 22:36   #62
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
Stay a while! Stay forever!!
Hahahahaha
DamienD is offline  
Old 12 March 2018, 20:25   #63
Boulder
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hollola, Finland
Age: 41
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
There's nothing like the churning sound of a Chinon floppy drive to bring back the memories of old.
Can you still recognize when the game is about to finish loading by the floppy drive noise? I think I would still know a couple if I heard them

DD, even if I'm an old timer here, I'll come up with a donation as soon as the next paycheck arrives. It's nice to give back to the community and I know the money goes into good use
Boulder is offline  
Old 12 March 2018, 23:07   #64
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
DD, even if I'm an old timer here, I'll come up with a donation as soon as the next paycheck arrives. It's nice to give back to the community and I know the money goes into good use
There's no need for you to do that; you are already a monthly donator to EAB
DamienD is offline  
Old 13 March 2018, 20:15   #65
SteveMoody
Registered User

SteveMoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: South Wales
Age: 45
Posts: 9
I've been lurking on the forums for over a year and I believe this is my first post.

Just to echo what the other's have said here don't let something like this drive you away. I can understand how frustrating something like this is. I used to sell some software online several years ago and seeing pirated versions turning up within days of an update is upsetting.

If you're still willing to share your collection send me a PM and i'll happily donate to support the hard work you've put in and for your support of the Amiga community.

Last edited by SteveMoody; 13 March 2018 at 20:34.
SteveMoody is offline  
Old 13 March 2018, 21:46   #66
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMoody View Post
I've been lurking on the forums for over a year and I believe this is my first post.

Just to echo what the other's have said here don't let something like this drive you away. I can understand how frustrating something like this is. I used to sell some software online several years ago and seeing pirated versions turning up within days of an update is upsetting.
Heya Steve,

Thanks for your post and advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMoody View Post
If you're still willing to share your collection send me a PM and i'll happily donate to support the hard work you've put in and for your support of the Amiga community.
Sure, PM sent

...but you don't need to donate, I'm a man of my word and as you've been a member for more than 6 months:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...been thinking; going forward I will ask for £20 to be donated (except for EAB members who joined more than 6 month ago)
To be honest, I hadn't even been doing that for people who just joined up; and subsequently have never returned after getting the URLs.
DamienD is offline  
Old 13 March 2018, 22:09   #67
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMoody View Post
i'll happily donate to support the hard work you've put in and for your support of the Amiga community.
I think that if you donate straight to EAB Damien (and all of us) would be happy:
http://eab.abime.net/misc.php?do=donate
Akira is offline  
Old 14 March 2018, 00:14   #68
malko
Registered User

malko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CH
Posts: 612
To whom it may concern.
If we click the link provided by Akira when we are not logged in, it leads to the " Smilie List " page .
malko is offline  
Old 24 March 2018, 17:47   #69
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 46
Posts: 11,143
Your pm folder is full again!!!!!!!!!!!
Retro-Nerd is online now  
Old 24 March 2018, 17:53   #70
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,134
...as always.

Sorry man, I do clean as often as I can but it fills up very quickly on a daily basis

You know my e-mail address anyway my friend... but for others; they can always send me an e-mail via EAB; I've enabled that option in my profile
DamienD is offline  
Old 24 March 2018, 20:16   #71
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 45
Posts: 6,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...as always.

Sorry man, I do clean as often as I can but it fills up very quickly on a daily basis

You know my e-mail address anyway my friend... but for others; they can always send me an e-mail via EAB; I've enabled that option in my profile
So whats the crack? You staying as a mod now or what?

All this drama is too much drama
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 24 March 2018, 21:28   #72
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,134
...well my friend.

Since RCK still hasn't read / replied to my PM asking for demotion from weeks ago; it's business as usual because that's the kind of guy I am; putting community first

Given your comments though regarding *too much drama*; there hasn't been any in quite a while; now that the trolls / leachers from my thread have gone...

I mean, I can quite easily disappear again for 5+ years if that's what you want Phil?

So, I take it that you are willing to step up and moderate EAB as my replacement then? Good man

It's a full time / unappreciated job; trust me... I must spend 16 hours (8am - 12am GMT) on / off everyday here making sure all runs smoothly

Besides whatever else is going on in your life; but you're cool with that kind of commitment hey?
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 March 2018, 06:13   #73
EzdineG
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 223
Stick around, man.

You’re very much appreciated here. This board needs you.
EzdineG is online now  
Old 25 March 2018, 13:25   #74
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 45
Posts: 6,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...well my friend.

Since RCK still hasn't read / replied to my PM asking for demotion from weeks ago; it's business as usual because that's the kind of guy I am; putting community first

Given your comments though regarding *too much drama*; there hasn't been any in quite a while; now that the trolls / leachers from my thread have gone...

I mean, I can quite easily disappear again for 5+ years if that's what you want Phil?

So, I take it that you are willing to step up and moderate EAB as my replacement then? Good man

It's a full time / unappreciated job; trust me... I must spend 16 hours (8am - 12am GMT) on / off everyday here making sure all runs smoothly

Besides whatever else is going on in your life; but you're cool with that kind of commitment hey?
Dont invite more drama when the sarcasm is evident in what I said ballbag, its not like I havent defended you is it?

My point is, after the "kerfuffle" weeks ago about you stepping down, if thats no longer the case, say so, lets not drag it out, after all, if youre so busy on EAB, im doing you a favour by having to police one less thread.

See? Thats the kinda guy I am, lessening the workload
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 25 March 2018, 13:38   #75
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,134
Ballbag???

Resorting to name calling are we now, how intellectual... chill out man
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 March 2018, 14:22   #76
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 45
Posts: 6,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ballbag???

Resorting to name calling are we now, how intellectual... chill out man
Ballbag is an affectionate term where I come from.... I only call friends that, you're in a special group
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 25 March 2018, 15:45   #77
ross
Omnia fert aetas

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 48
Posts: 1,031
Well, I know a couple where she calls her husband constantly 'coglione'* and they love each other very much

Make peace

*coglione ~=ballbag
ross is offline  
Old 25 March 2018, 21:29   #78
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 45
Posts: 6,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Well, I know a couple where she calls her husband constantly 'coglione'* and they love each other very much

Make peace

*coglione ~=ballbag
See Damian? Its good in the UK and Italy.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 25 March 2018, 21:47   #79
malko
Registered User

malko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CH
Posts: 612
Some use it also in French...
... but prefer when it's not said to me
malko is offline  
Old 25 March 2018, 22:47   #80
ross
Omnia fert aetas

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 48
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Some use it also in French...
... but prefer when it's not said to me
eheh sure

You must be really a friend and in confidence to be able to say it.
Take it this way Damien!
ross is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DamienD's WinUAE Collection DamienD project.MAGE 1184 Yesterday 13:00
DamienD's SNES DVD... DamienD Retrogaming General Discussion 282 03 November 2008 09:54

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10438 seconds with 15 queries