English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Sports

Old 15 October 2019, 09:17   #1
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Smile MotorSports

Anybody else a like watching Formula 1 or any other kinda motor sport ?
Old 15 October 2019, 11:10   #2
Daedalus

Yep, I'm a fan of Formula 1, occasionally dip into other motorsports too but rarely have the time these days.
Old 16 October 2019, 05:35   #3
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Yeah thats kinda cool i watch moto GP occasionally in between long break's in formula one.

So how do you see the season so far...

Any perticular Team / Driver(s) your favorites ?

Mclaren are doing so fantastic this year shame alonso had to leave tho.

Also quite surprised how vettel has been behaving like a very immature Kidult...
Old 16 October 2019, 10:15   #4
Daedalus

I've been a fan of Max Verstappen's driving style since he first showed up in Formula 1 - I'm sure he'll win the championship some time in the future. I was never really a Vettel fan, though he's certainly very talented. He often has a point when he gets angry, but last year and even moreso this year he's been going a a bit off the rails. Perhaps it's frustration, because he really should be challenging the Mercedes drivers and Leclerc better.
Old 17 October 2019, 07:03   #5
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Verstappen's & Leclerc will win world championship sometime like you siad in the future.

Verstappen's driving style is awsome brings back some skill to the races entertaining to watch.

Leclerc is a interesting driver for the future thats for sure not sure how long he will stick with his current team tho, because of vettel and all that mistrust being developed between him and vettle, i can see vettle retireing sometime in the very near future and will be NO big loss to the sport.

Looking forward to the next few races for sure. and for the 2020 championship, they need to in my opinion take a lot if the garbage off the cars and some of the driver aids and bring back real driver skills.
Old 31 January 2020, 22:24   #6
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Anybody looking forward to march 2020 F1 new season ?

I personally this its gonna be such a easy season for the merc's this year.
Old 03 February 2020, 09:41   #7
Daedalus

Yeah, looking forward to it alright, though I'm hoping it won't be easy for Mercedes. I'd much prefer if it was hard fought and close between the top 3.
Old 11 February 2020, 21:54   #8
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Yeah, looking forward to it alright, though I'm hoping it won't be easy for Mercedes. I'd much prefer if it was hard fought and close between the top 3.

Yeah you bet its not gonna be easy for the merc's this year they are going to have to be better than they have been the last few years that's for sure.

And that not to say the valtri is gonna be pushing Lewis even harder this year as well so quite some extra pressure from inside the garage as well.

Not gonna say anything about the Scuderia Ferrari gonna leave them for now. ( don't get me started LuLz )

But redbull is going to be harassing the top runners this year as well also HASS are going to be strong as well as a few other mid teams as well, And finally fingers crossed that the williams team is going to take the head outta there ass's this year and good luck to mclaren this year as well.

And don't count out Mr Max as well he is going to challenge the top teams as well, so this year is gonna be something outta this world for all F1 Fans of all ages and creed's... hurry up march 2020.
Old 26 February 2020, 11:54   #9
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Well pre season testing is well under way and not be too long before the F1 season 2020 kicks off, which teams are you hoping to make some good progress this season?.

This is going to be a epic season for the newest youngster's who undoubtedly will be future stars in F1.

So what are your thought on this season what are you looking forward too ?

What your favorite F1 tracks ?

Answers on a postcard to the unusual address...You know the one.
Old 15 June 2020, 14:28   #10
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

I enjoyed the esports version of our local Australian Supercars championship. The graphics looked lifelike.
Old 13 July 2020, 20:31   #11
rabidgerry

Breakin my heart how non competitive F1 is these days. I'm remember thinking the Schumacher era was bad, jesus I never even finished watching last season because of the severe monotony. I think the best season we had in last while was the year Jenson Button one the championship. 8 different winners that season I think. Now that was more interesting.

I am definitely looking into watching the Indycar series for more wheel to wheel action but not sure how to get it without having to pay yet.
Old 16 July 2020, 13:31   #12
str0m

MotoGP, yes you get the odd more boring race but most are exciting and there are frequent mix ups in positions unlike F1 pottering around protecting their tyres. Re-starts again this weekend yay
Old 16 July 2020, 16:18   #13
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
Breakin my heart how non competitive F1 is these days. I'm remember thinking the Schumacher era was bad, jesus I never even finished watching last season because of the severe monotony.
If you forget Mercedes, it's pretty interesting now

I'm really waiting WRC and WRX to start around September, love to follow them more than other motorsports.
Old 26 July 2020, 19:52   #14
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

I used to watch a lot of motor racing on TV... F1 definitely became boring the last few years and Formula E is usually quite entertaining.

That said, I haven't watched anything on TV since March 2020. I now get most of my entertainment from Twitch and YouTube. The Rocket League tournaments can be completely unpredictable sometimes.

Last edited by Lonewolf10; 26 July 2020 at 19:53. Reason: typo
Old 28 July 2020, 10:23   #15
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
If you forget Mercedes, it's pretty interesting now
Yep, there's definitely plenty of entertainment to be had if you look at the actual racing and not focus solely on the end result. I've been a big fan of Max Verstappen's style ever since he first appeared on the scene, and Charles Leclerc is similarly often exciting to watch. Daniel Ricciardo is a very entertaining driver too - last year some of that was lost because his Renault wasn't nearly as competitive as the Red Bull he was in prior, but it seems there's more potential to see a bit of his excellent late braking skill this year.
Old 18 August 2020, 11:14   #16
rabidgerry

Kinda like Verstappen, but kinda don't as well. He was a little accident prone for a while. Since I haven't been keeping up with it last year or so I dunno if he has matured. Of course his exciting racing style is enjoyable, but sometimes I feel like he needs a good slap. Much like Eddie Irvine did

My fav back in the day was Jean Alesi. When I stick on Micropose F1 GP you know who I'm selecting