English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 18 March 2018, 10:51   #1
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Big grin Fainaru Fantajī Fifutīn (Windowze Edishoon)

Don't know what came over me, but I bought FFXV (Windowze Edishoon) last night.

Actually I know what came over me, after playin the last epic open-world RPG called Breath of the Wild I felt that not all of my strings were pulled the right way... that it's missing something. And then I saw someone playing FFXV on twitch and I realized... I want zillions of character statistics and gain points after battles in my RPG!

I was afraid the gheyness factor will be through the roof with all those asian boys as the main characters, but it's resonable, even for jRPG standards.
Bit of cringe here and there, some awfully-awesome/awesomely-awful voiceacting, silly "modern wild-west USA as seen by Japan" atmosphere... it's all here.

Playing "Stand by me" in the intro was heartwarming, gathering shit is fun, buying shit is nostalgicly similar to last FF's, gaining points and leveling and changing gear is super fun.

See you in ~2 years.
Old 18 March 2018, 13:45   #2
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Holly shit... shooney is gone!

Last mmorpg kept me occupied only for 3 months. (Even I still do dailies once per day just to keep character in guild and collect goodies )

Good luck Master Shooney...
Old 18 March 2018, 16:07   #3
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Oh god no, it's not an mmo, these things not only take your time away, man, they take your LIFE! And I already don't have one!

It's an jrpg, with beatem-up active-pause battles and a few hundreds of side quests, finishable in a reasonable time. I hope.
Old 19 March 2018, 00:27   #4
Ian
Global Moderator

2 Years???

I have about 40-50 hours on it I think on the PS4, completed it and did most of the missions. Obviously got bored, don't think I even looked at the DLC when that became available.
Old 19 March 2018, 11:27   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
Oh god no, it's not an mmo, these things not only take your time away, man, they take your LIFE! And I already don't have one!
Maybe not, but its of the same scope. This game is friggin' huge. And grindy.