English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR news

Old 13 July 2007, 10:24   #1
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

AMR: Next Update(s)?

Just wondered if the AMR will be updated soon, only asking because it's been great fun yegoing back thru the issues (albeit online) and re-reading articles etc that I well remember years ago, and am waiting for the next installmets to read!!
Old 13 July 2007, 13:07   #2
Galaxy

We're all a bit flat out with other things at the moment so I can't say how soon the next update will be.

However, there should be more than enough there to keep everyone occupied for some time (there are currently about 28500 scanned pages online)
Old 14 July 2007, 23:27   #3
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

Cheers Galaxy, I understand you guys are well & truly up to your necks and appreciate the work you're doing so far.

By the way, I've just downloaded (thru Emule) an archive that contains a shed load of cover disks, I'll try and get them listed for you so's that if there's any missing I'll upload them to the zone or get them to whoever is dealing with them for the magazine rack. The archive itself is 700mb, a wee bit to large for the zone methinks!
Old 15 July 2007, 00:54   #4
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
they were prolly leached and packed from the site anyhow
Old 15 July 2007, 18:38   #5
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basquemactee1 View Post
Just wondered if the AMR will be updated soon, only asking because it's been great fun yegoing back thru the issues (albeit online) and re-reading articles etc that I well remember years ago, and am waiting for the next installmets to read!!
Just want to point out that AMR is updated most days of the week, with reviews, scans and other info. (e.g. coverdisk contents etc.) being added to the database. Updates are mostly announced, though, when something quite substantial is added to AMR (e.g. scans of whole issues, the addition of a new magazine with cover scans/review scans/review info., scans of special articles etc.).

As Galaxy said, however, we're all pretty flat-out atm with life and other Ami projects, so major updates might not be as frequent as they have been since AMR was launched. That doesn't mean that people like yourself can't contribute in the meantime, whether it be magazine scans, indexing reviews, providing coverdisks etc.

Last edited by DrBong; 16 July 2007 at 08:31.
Old 16 July 2007, 02:51   #6
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

No probs. I've just grabbed a txt file of the contents and uploaded it. If there's any there you think are missing (the coverdisks) let me know and I'll upload 'em to the zone. (One thing, the archive does say that it's TOSEC, so you may well indeed have them. No harm in trying tho!)