English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 26 June 2005, 00:31   #1
DoctorQ
What?? Who?? DoctorQ!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rødding/Denmark
Age: 33
Posts: 312
Send a message via MSN to DoctorQ
For sale: Blizzard PPC boards and other hardware

Hi,

my Amiga collection has to be reduced as it has grown to big, and have removed my focus from the initial purpose of owning an Amiga; which is simply to enjoy the games there are available for this great gaming computer.

Some of you might have seen me around on other Amiga boards under the name of DoctorQ, and I still enjoy it there, but my opinion is that it is missing a marketplace. That's the reason why I'm posting here.

I'm not trying to make big money by selling my hardware here, but want to let other people enjoy the power of these boards I'm not using anyway. Not to mention the unfortunate habbit I have of buying boards on eBay that I'm not really in the need of...

Anyway, I'm covered with the 5 Amigas that I'm sticking with. The prices might seem high, but I know what it is worth, and I think the prices are reasonable.

So, here we go:

1 x Blizzard PPC board, with 68040 CPU and 160 MHz PPC CPU. Comes with installation CD and a CD with all needed software, manual in PDF form and installation disks in DMS, ADF and LHA format. Price is 250 EURO.

1 x Blizzard PPC board, with 68040 CPU and 240 MHz PPC CPU and SCSI controller. Comes with installation CD and a CD with all needed software, manual in PDF form and installation disks in DMS, ADF and LHA format. Price is 350 EURO

Blizzard PPC, with 68060 CPU and 240 MHz PPC CPU and SCSI controller is sold.

BVision graphics card is sold.

All items are fully working and fully tested. All items can be shipped worldwide. I accept Paypal payments and money transfers trough bank. Pictures are available on request, just write me at doctorq@tiscali.dk

-EDIT-

Quantum Prodrive LPS 52 MB SCSI (50 pins) drive is gone.

Also, a internal SCSI (50 pins) ZIP drive, untested as I haven't got any disks to test with. This is also free for the price of postage.

Last edited by DoctorQ; 26 June 2005 at 19:38. Reason: Other items added, some items sold.
DoctorQ is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 June 2005, 06:00   #2
woody57
Registered User
woody57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Manchester
Age: 92
Posts: 801
Thumbs up Hello and Welcome

I see this is your VERY first post.......

And by chance it just happens to be that you have decided to use it to advertise for sale various items which in your opinion would be of great benifit to the assembled Amiga community held within the protective & nutured enviroment of the EAB

I can only say that your belief of this boards need for GENUINE MARKETPLACE for which to sell QUALITY AMIGA goods At their TRUE VALUE value is a cry that has recently been heard in another thread.

So all I can say that it must be sheer providence that from NOWHERE you suddenly appear to fill the GAP & VERY OBVIOUS NEED of the MASSES of HARDWARE HUNGRY BOARD MEMBERS............{THE AFOREMENTIONED PARAGRAPHS ARE DELIBERATE SARCASM }

JUST one thing IF this is Martin Flash changing your name or computor ID to re-enter this board and dupe people is an instant BAN ...

IF so why don't you take your f***in Blizzards & B-Visions and ram them into that orrifice where your brain seems to be located about 3cms anterior & inferior to your Sacrum and posterior 5cm from your pubic synphasis .

If you want to brag about the ability to understand many languages thats fine BUT DON'T ASSUME EVERYONE HERE CAN'T SPOT A FAKE

Last edited by woody57; 26 June 2005 at 09:50. Reason: possibilty NOT Martin BUT OTHER SELLER
woody57 is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 09:13   #3
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad
AMIGAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 37
Posts: 1,285
Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
I see this is your VERY first post.......

And by chance it just happens to be that you have decided to use it to advertise for sale various items which in your opinion would be of great benifit to the assembled Amiga community held within the protective & nutured enviroment of the EAB

I can only say that your belief of this boards need for GENUINE MARKETPLACE for which to sell QUALITY AMIGA goods At their TRUE VALUE value is cry that has recently been heard in another thread.

So all I can say that it must be sheer providence that from NOWHERE you suddenly appear to fill the GAP & VERY OBVIOUS NEED of the MASSES of HARDWARE HUNGRY BOARD MEMBERS............

JUST one thing Martin Flash changing your name or computor ID to re-enter this board and dupe people is an instant BAN ...

So why don't you take your f***in Blizzards & B-Visions and ram them into that orrifice where your brain seems to be located about 3cms anterior & inferior to your Sacrum and posterior 5cm from your pubic synphasis .

If you want to brag about the ability to understand many languages thats fine BUT DON'T ASSUME EVERYONE HERE CAN'T SPOT A FAKE
I can assure everyone that this isn't Martin Flash, this guy is a user at Amiga.org and a very well behaving and good user too.
AMIGAZ is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 09:46   #4
woody57
Registered User
woody57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Manchester
Age: 92
Posts: 801
There AMIGAZ thats the ONLY CHANGES I am making if this board is going to turn into a International version of a FLEA MARKET ......then quite frankly I,m OUT OF HERE.

For a FIRST post its is IMHO jumping in feet first into an area that has already had heated exchanges and more than a few cross words & insults.

But if thats what you mean by well behaved then I,m sure you'll enjoy the direction this board will end up going, this is nothing personal against you AMIGAZ let me be clear on that.

But it is for me "The straw that broke the camels back" I don't care if I.m banned for my comments in this area because this is NOT the ONLY area of the web in exhistance, but for ALL the hardwork that has been put in over the years by various contributors & Moderators { Not forgeting the Admin of RCK} this recent spate of overwieghted sales and bartering is reducing the balance of board postings.

These endless sales threads that keep pushing newer posts off the page into obscurity are my reason for already stating I personaly have had enough ..therefore its time to move on and leave the forum of this board as it continues to slip further into little more than an Advertising Billboard.
woody57 is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 09:55   #5
DoctorQ
What?? Who?? DoctorQ!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rødding/Denmark
Age: 33
Posts: 312
Send a message via MSN to DoctorQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGAZ
I can assure everyone that this isn't Martin Flash, this guy is a user at Amiga.org and a very well behaving and good user too.
Thanks for the kind words AMIGAZ :-) I can only say the same to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
I can only say that your belief of this boards need for GENUINE MARKETPLACE for which to sell QUALITY AMIGA goods At their TRUE VALUE value is cry that has recently been heard in another thread.
This is also the reason why I wrote why I'm selling this hardware, and stated which nick I use on other boards, as I use the same nick on all forums I visit. You will also find me at www.amigaworld.net and www.amiga.dk under this nick. Now people know which nick I use, so feel free to check up on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed579
If you want to brag about the ability to understand many languages thats fine BUT DON'T ASSUME EVERYONE HERE CAN'T SPOT A FAKE
I feel no need to brag about something like this, as it isn't anything that people need to know in order to trade with me. If someone really want to know how many languages I can speak, then these people can just ask.
DoctorQ is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 11:33   #6
Effy
http://www.amigaclub.be/
Effy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 46
Posts: 676
Send a message via MSN to Effy
Knowing you are Danish you probably speak Danish (so you can also express yourself in Sweden en Norway) and English and German I guess ???
Effy is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 11:47   #7
DoctorQ
What?? Who?? DoctorQ!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rødding/Denmark
Age: 33
Posts: 312
Send a message via MSN to DoctorQ
@Effy

That is more or less it, yes. However my german isn't good, but I think I can manage to get my meaning out. I should better work on that....
DoctorQ is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 14:10   #8
Effy
http://www.amigaclub.be/
Effy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 46
Posts: 676
Send a message via MSN to Effy
Same here
Effy is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 17:25   #9
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Mad-Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lincoln / UK
Age: 35
Posts: 1,514
Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
There AMIGAZ thats the ONLY CHANGES I am making if this board is going to turn into a International version of a FLEA MARKET ......then quite frankly I,m OUT OF HERE.
Then by all means get lost and outta here, the thaughts and opinions and abuse stated in you initial post in this thread arnt wanted either. Not like you have anything nice to say and its more then likely you dont even have an amiga or know what one is past a screenshot on google.

The PPC cards are in very supply and this baord is as good as place as any to advatise a genuin offer and make it possible for a lucky soul to pick up a bargin without the imense hassle of ebay and such. if they were non scsi and a little cheaper due to that ...id be there
Mad-Matt is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 17:46   #10
bippym
Global Moderator

bippym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 8,387
Send a message via Skype™ to bippym
Mad-Matt

Please do your research before you post regarding a users knowledge!! Woody is quite an experienced user and provides help and support on many Amiga related topics (not too mention he hosts all the released WHDLoad packs..)

I am with Woody on this as a first post it looks like DoctorQ is here to just sell and make money and not actually contribute in any other manner!

There have been a massive spate recently of new users coming along and just posting selling equipment or whatever and it gets annoying when every other post is in Marketplace!

I have no qualms if DoctorQ or any other selller actualy contributes to the other sections of the forum too, its just annoying if all he is here to do is make a quick buck!

I am going to push RCK to see if the marketplace can be moved off the forum and have its own section on Abime network. THis will hopefully solve all the current issues!

@DoctorQ: I think you chose the wrong time to join this forum and sell your PPC boards... I hope they sell but please consider getting involved in other areas of the forum
bippym is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 17:49   #11
bippym
Global Moderator

bippym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 8,387
Send a message via Skype™ to bippym
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorQ
I feel no need to brag about something like this, as it isn't anything that people need to know in order to trade with me. If someone really want to know how many languages I can speak, then these people can just ask.
Uhmmm

You really really need to read some of the other Posts in the marketplace forum!

An argument was started after a comment by a user who was selling a BLizzard PPC + 060 started slating another users English and then started bragging he knows x amount of languages!!

Woody has simply got you confused with this person!
bippym is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 19:34   #12
DoctorQ
What?? Who?? DoctorQ!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rødding/Denmark
Age: 33
Posts: 312
Send a message via MSN to DoctorQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Uhmmm

You really really need to read some of the other Posts in the marketplace forum!

An argument was started after a comment by a user who was selling a BLizzard PPC + 060 started slating another users English and then started bragging he knows x amount of languages!!

Woody has simply got you confused with this person!
I have read the post you are refering to, and I still claim that I do not need to brag about how many languages I can speak and how many I can't.

Because of the "fight" that was going on in the other thread is also why I wrote the reason for selling, the reason for posting here, and why I have stated what nick I'm using on other Amiga forums. If someone refuses to believe that the DoctorQ posting here isn't the same as the DoctorQ posting on Amiga.org and AmigaWorld.net, then I don't know what to do. Maybe some of you overlooked that part, and just saw that a Blizzard board is up for sale, and came to the conclusion that it was the other guy under a new name.

I do know one thing though, the welcome given by users, and not been given the benefit of the doubt doesn't make me feel welcome. A natural consequense of that would be that I wouldn't feel like posting to some of the other threads, and that is what I'm feeling right now.

It seems like most users don't want the marketplace to be there, because some users are using it to sell their hard- and software. Noone is forced to read the threads started.
DoctorQ is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 21:29   #13
woody57
Registered User
woody57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Manchester
Age: 92
Posts: 801
Thumbs up With the sure aknoledgement that DrQ has behaved differently

When I make a mistake I am not worried about admiting toJUMPING THE GUN on this latest new member of the EAB.

You have already displayed "more" than a lttle expert knoledge in the field of PPC & classic Amiga's therefore your contribution to this board is clearly beyond just joining to sell surplus or trade parts.

In the matter of my first post I have become so embittered by the recent whoring of certain in short supply Amiga componenets , that my initial reaction to your first post was both agressive and abusive.

The matter of language pertains to the unfortunate conection to member Martin Flash who hails from BOTH POLAND & DENMARK hence my intial post was a DIRECT ATTACK on HIM in open thread not you.

My association with other members of this truly international community has not in any way prejudiced me against any single nationality & NO RACIST COMMENTS are directed towards anyone , as in my belief each man or woman shows their true worth by their contributions or lack of them.

You DrQ are not being personally attacked nor is your integrity my dismissal of the recent market place abundant posts has become an area of contension. This is why in my second post in this thread I explained why these posts displacing enquires & ON TOPIC postings were IMHO getting way out of balance.

While I certainly feel I owe DrQ an explanation and apology for any misunderstanding as to the direction & purpose of my aboveRANT I refuse to apologise to any other offended members including the misinformed MAD -MATT who is as entitled to keep HIS opinion as am I


I have already posted two threads on the issue of people pushing the hospitality of this boards Marketplace policy including one SPECIFICALY AIMED AT THOSE WHO JOIN JUST TO SELL While Bippyman has most graciously taken it upon himself to answer for me earlier in this thread I feel it is fair that in return I fill in the gaps , as after all he himself can't be expected to be a Clairvoyant Mindreader as well as the voice of reason .

In closing I hope this thread discourages the practice of making "SALES" a new members first posting ......better a simple "Hello I,m ****** I have Been Interested in Amiga XX years etc " in the off topic section , because it USED TO BE considered polite to at least "LURK" for a while before jumping into to a major area that less than 24hrs ago , was carrying threats of BANS & THREAD LOCKING.
woody57 is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 21:36   #14
DoctorQ
What?? Who?? DoctorQ!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rødding/Denmark
Age: 33
Posts: 312
Send a message via MSN to DoctorQ
@woodshed57

Apology accepted.

I disagree with you on some points though, but let us just leave it at that, as different people has different oppinions.
DoctorQ is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 21:42   #15
bippym
Global Moderator

bippym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 8,387
Send a message via Skype™ to bippym
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorQ
I have read the post you are refering to, and I still claim that I do not need to brag about how many languages I can speak and how many I can't.
I never said you would, and I agree bragging is pointless!

Quote:
Because of the "fight" that was going on in the other thread is also why I wrote the reason for selling, the reason for posting here, and why I have stated what nick I'm using on other Amiga forums. If someone refuses to believe that the DoctorQ posting here isn't the same as the DoctorQ posting on Amiga.org and AmigaWorld.net, then I don't know what to do. Maybe some of you overlooked that part, and just saw that a Blizzard board is up for sale, and came to the conclusion that it was the other guy under a new name.
As I said your timing was poor and that is all.. please understand how delictae the forum is right now and some of the older users are bored of seeing every other post in the marketplace!

Quote:
I do know one thing though, the welcome given by users, and not been given the benefit of the doubt doesn't make me feel welcome. A natural consequense of that would be that I wouldn't feel like posting to some of the other threads, and that is what I'm feeling right now.
You are right your welcome isn't perfect, but that is because Woody mistook you for another user who comes here to sell purely.. Stick about, changes are taking place and I/we hope it is for the good

Quote:
It seems like most users don't want the marketplace to be there, because some users are using it to sell their hard- and software. Noone is forced to read the threads started.
I'm forced to read all threads, but then that's part of the parcel

Like I said I hope RCK reads this and can implement a better market place
bippym is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 22:06   #16
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Mad-Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lincoln / UK
Age: 35
Posts: 1,514
Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
If the post is in Marketplace i really cant see where the problem lies, its the function of the subsection. Noone forces people to look in it, and i guess if they do there looking for a one in a million item that could turn up in there. Theres certianly no reason to remove it as im sure its had its uses as long as the items stay amiga related.
Mad-Matt is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 23:01   #17
bippym
Global Moderator

bippym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 8,387
Send a message via Skype™ to bippym
My issue isn't you defending the marketplace.. it's you assuming Woody has no amiga knowledge and basically slagging him for that when you are in fact wrong!

Woody has apologised to DoctorQ so this matter is closed.. that is final..

DoctorQ. Please create a new thread selling your items as I plan to close/delete this thread!
bippym is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 23:21   #18
DoctorQ
What?? Who?? DoctorQ!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rødding/Denmark
Age: 33
Posts: 312
Send a message via MSN to DoctorQ
@bippym

Sounds good to me, will do so tomorrow evening if you would be so kind to let the thread be open for so long.
DoctorQ is offline  
Old 26 June 2005, 23:23   #19
bippym
Global Moderator

bippym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 8,387
Send a message via Skype™ to bippym
I'll eave your new thread open

This thread will be deleted once EAB v3.5 is up and running
bippym is offline  
Old 27 June 2005, 08:28   #20
Effy
http://www.amigaclub.be/
Effy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 46
Posts: 676
Send a message via MSN to Effy
Happy

DoctorQ : to get back to the original point of this thread, your two Blizzard PPC cards, do they come with Ram or without ???
Effy is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For sale: Blizzard PPC phase5 rev0 060@66MHz/PPC@330MHz 256MB stachu100 MarketPlace 2 03 August 2012 12:26
Sale: Phase 5 Blizzard PPC 603e+ 68040/25 PPC 240 Mhz wizard66 MarketPlace 6 09 February 2007 17:34
For sale: Amiga Blizzard PPC card PPC@175,68040@25 MHz,SCSI lopos2000 MarketPlace 0 15 November 2006 13:45
SALE: Amiga Blizzard PPC card PPC@160 , 68040 @25 MHz morka MarketPlace 3 12 October 2006 00:28
For sale: Blizzard PPC boards and other items DoctorQ MarketPlace 10 22 August 2005 21:36

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.23619 seconds with 11 queries