English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 May 2009, 21:15   #1
Cammy

The Future Depends on YOU! Help develop new Amiga games!

Hello everyone! I've been chatting with a few fellow Amiga games developers about their current projects and what still needs to be done with them before they're ready to be released. It seems there are quite a few games in production, but the people working on them could really do with some more help. So I've decided to start a thread where we can list all the current Amiga games in development, giving a brief description of each one and detailing the kind of help needed. As new games come to light I can edit this first post to add them to the list, or remove them once they're completed.

While letting everyone know about all the exciting new games coming out for Amigas, the main reason for this thread is to seek out new talent to join us and help get these games finished. We are all doing our best to get our games made, but we all need help with various things, including graphics, music, sound effects, playtesting, level design, animation, and most importantly coding!

So, if anyone out there is up to the challenge and has the skills required, please contact us and join the team, we'll fill you in on all the details to get you started. Also, if anyone knows of any more current game projects that could be added to the list, let me know and I'll add them.

With your help, the Amiga games scene will see more hits in 2009 than it has in years!

And so, on with the list:

Halloween Nightmare

Description: An arcade adventure platform game for 1 or 2 players set during Halloween. Great console-style fun for all ages.
Gameplay: Using the control pad, joystick or keyboard battle through several levels packed with nasty monsters, on a quest to collect as much candy as you can. Along the way you will meet characters and learn information that will aid your mission, and you'll battle plenty of end bosses!
Chipset: AGA and OCS versions
Game Type: Commercial
Help Needed: Main programmer (preferably 68K Assembly, but not essential)
Musician - Several different mods required, ranging from bouncy to spooky to epic orchestral score
Additional: Old concept demo available on Aminet, though game has evolved slightly since - http://aminet.net/package/game/demo/...nNightmareDemo

Amijeweled AGA

Description: By popular demand, the fantastic RTG puzzle game Amijeweled has made the leap to AGA Amigas. A beautiful, challenging game for anyone to play.
Gameplay: Arrange the jewels into columns or rows by swapping them with their neighbour to receive points (and perhaps more time).You can swap the diamonds horizontally or vertically, it is not possible to swap them diagonally. After completing a line or row, the jewels will vanish, the rows above will fall down into gap and new diamonds will fall on top.
Chipset: AGA
Help Needed: Musician - Relaxing, chill-out mod required. Must go for at least five minutes before looping, and not sound too repetitive.
Additional: Official site and RTG demo available here - http://www.insane-software.de/web/eindex.php?page=ajrtg
Contact: Use the Contact form at - http://www.insane-software.de/

Horace Goes Skiing

Description: The classic ZX Spectrum road-crossing&skiing romp bought to the Amiga with a multiplayer twist.
Gameplay: Aid the lovable cartoon rogue & his friends across the tretcherous motorway, being sure to avoid those money-hungry private-health-care ambulances! Then hit the slopes with your colleagues and race to win!
Chipset: OCS
Game Type: Freeware
Help Needed: 2D graphic artist - For some cartoon-style screens between sections, and also enhance the current graphics
Additional: Early gameplay videos - [ Show youtube player ] and [ Show youtube player ]

Annihilation

Description: A fast paced horizontally scrolling shoot'em'up. Classic arcade style gameplay and amazing AGA effects.
Gameplay: For one or two players. Blast your way through swarms of alien scum, ccollecting powerups and extra weapons to use against your enemy.
Help Needed: Pixel artists required for creating huge sprites and background graphics set in space. Title screen and intro animators needed.
Additional:

Tracker Hero

Description: The music video game for Amiga. Stunning AGA graphics and plenty of your favourite Amiga modules to play to.
Gameplay: Support for multiple controller types including keyboard, joystick, CD32 pads and Playstation Guitar Hero controllers. A rhythm-based game where you're rewarded for accurately "playing" the notes of the music in sequence as they scroll down the screen.
Help Needed: Musicians - Several musicians are required to submit original music which will become the basis of the entire game. Must be in 4-channel mod format
Additional: Official site - http://www.terra.es/personal8/937611...ero/index.html and early gameplay videos - [ Show youtube player ] - [ Show youtube player ]

Super Pumpkin Bros

Description: Super Pumpkin Bros is a classic arcade style platform game in the tradition of Bubble Bobble with beautiful AGA graphics.
Gameplay: One or two players battle screen after screen of cute monsters, picking up collectable items along the way.
Help Needed: Encouragement and support
Additional: Early preview demo available on Aminet - http://aminet.net/package/game/demo/SPB_PRV

Change It

Description: Change It is the Bejeweled PC game clone.
Gameplay: The player has to change place of two neighbouring elements in order to obtain at least three elements of the same shape or color in one line.
Chipset: OCS/AGA/RTG
Help Needed: Skin creators welcomed to make new skins and sound effects to be used in the game.
Additional: Official site - http://changeit.ppa.pl - Guide on how to create skins - http://www.ppa.pl/artykul-Change.It....7_22_1048.html
Contact: Programmer Robert "Phibrizzo" Krajcarz - jgnATinteriaDOTpl

Tank Wars Deluxe

Description: A game where the aim is to wipe out all other opponents through a series of several arenas.
Gameplay: Compete with up to five players using various selectable control methods, including four-player adapter support.
Chipset: OCS
Help Needed: Pixel artists required for creating map tiles and small sprites, and title screen graphics. Sound effects required, and musician for title screen.
Additional: Game is still top secret, but anyone interested in helping will be brought into the loop.

The Voyage of the Wanderer

Description: Action RPG/Adventure
Gameplay: You walk around in an incredably huge all-on-one-map world, seen from 30° ISO perspective. Follow the main plot, but meanwhile you fight monsters, collect items, complete side-quests and improve your character(s).
Chipset: 24bit RTG/AHI
Game Type: TBA
Help Needed: Classic pencil & paper drawing artist, colorizer, 3D modeller/animator, musician, story teller.
Additional:

The Very Big Deal

Description: A strategy game with 256 colours and support for English, German and Spanish included. The game is based on "The Big Deal" for the C64.
Gameplay: You play as Floyd, a little robot who works in a snack bar and has to serve customers. Can you quickly assemble the meal and keep your guests happy before they leave?
Game Type: Freeware or Shareware
Help Needed: 2D pixelling/animation needed for Title screen & in-game graphics.
Additional: Early screenshots and more information about the game can be found here - http://www.amigarulez.de/
Contact: Nujack on EAB - http://eab.abime.net/member.php?u=4647

Last edited by Cammy; 08 August 2010 at 16:07.
Old 15 May 2009, 02:17   #2
ami_junkie

thanks for doing this cammy, looks like an exciting time for new amiga games, i am willing to offer my graphic and music skills if anyone needs them for a game, cheers

Old 15 May 2009, 10:48   #3
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

I'd like to help in anyway possible, but I have to stress that my skills are limited.

Can't code, can't use a tracker, possess limited pixelling and image conversion ability (will upload some examples here from my STE game when I get a chance - but you can see some of the 256 screens used in my CD32 discs here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43938).

I can play test, type docs and create CD32 covers...
Old 15 May 2009, 18:05   #4
Amiga1992

I already offered myself to Tracker Hero for music months ago, and I am slowly working on that. I might help others with music.

The thing is, I am bound to take a while, this is not my job, y'know... and everyone needs to eat :/
Old 24 May 2009, 06:26   #5
Cammy

Hey everyone! Just a quick update, I've added a new video of Tracker Hero showing the Guitar controller support in action! I'm pretty sure it's using Paul Willigham's Playstation-CD32 adapter. I really hope they can add USB support too.

Check it out - [ Show youtube player ]
Old 24 May 2009, 13:39   #6
nujack
Zone Friend

Nice Thread, Cammy.
What about Mr.Beanbag? I think this game is under development a long time now. Maybe some help is needed to release this game. I don't know.
Here is the link to the official homepage: http://www.glastonbridge.co.uk/mrbeanbag/index.php
BTW I work on a game for AGA-Amigas too. Time is very limited and I need some support in 2D graphics/animation to finish it some day. Here are more infos about the game: http://www.amigarulez.de/tvbd.htm
For example the title-screen needs a background, some kitchen-animations have to be done, the box-object, seen on screenshots in the first row has to be changed with a better one. If you have time and skills to support our game let me know.
I think the game will be finished as freeware or shareware.

Last edited by nujack; 24 May 2009 at 13:45.
Old 24 May 2009, 14:00   #7
Graham Humphrey

That looks good - I hope you get some help to finish it off.
Old 24 May 2009, 15:13   #8
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Nice projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Hey everyone! Just a quick update, I've added a new video of Tracker Hero showing the Guitar controller support in action! I'm pretty sure it's using Paul Willigham's Playstation-CD32 adapter. I really hope they can add USB support too.

Check it out - [ Show youtube player ]]
This does look like good fun espashaly with the Guitar - I hope this gets finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujack View Post
http://www.glastonbridge.co.uk/mrbeanbag/index.php
BTW I work on a game for AGA-Amigas too. Time is very limited and I need some support in 2D graphics/animation to finish it some day. Here are more infos about the game: http://www.amigarulez.de/tvbd.htm
For example the title-screen needs a background, some kitchen-animations have to be done, the box-object, seen on screenshots in the first row has to be changed with a better one. If you have time and skills to support our game let me know.
I think the game will be finished as freeware or shareware.
I hope someone is able to help you finish this nice little project.Demo Please...
Old 24 May 2009, 20:00   #9
mattbarton.exe

Wow, nice to know that there are so many projects. I'm going to pass this along to Armchair Arcade; I know we have some talented coders there.
Old 12 June 2009, 21:20   #10
Cammy

Nujack, thanks for letting us know about your game! Sorry it's taken me this long to add it to the list, but it is there now

As for Mr. Beanbag, I didn't add it to the list for a few reasons. First, it seems like Mr. Beanbag is an abandoned project. There have not been any updates on the website in over a year, and Tricky has not been on any of the Amiga forums. I fear she may not be interested in Amigas anymore. Secondly, Tricky didn't seem to want help from anyone with Mr. Beanbag. A few people offered to help her with things like ingame graphics, animated intros, publishing and distribution, but she didn't seem to want to accept any help offered. I really hope she hasn't given up, but there's really nothing I can do as no one is able to contact Tricky anymore.

MattBarton.exe, thank you for your email. I'm sorry we haven't got back to you yet, we're still trying to sort a few things out. Thanks for passing the word on to Armchair Arcade!

For everyone else, I've updated the first post with two new games.
Old 13 June 2009, 09:21   #11
Xenon

I didn't see this post. Thanks very much for the info!
Old 01 July 2009, 07:59   #12
mihcael
Zone Friend

Have you seen this one cammy?

The Secret Of Middle City found on (amiganews.de)
Old 01 July 2009, 08:24   #13
blade002
Zone Friend

I used to pixel in the early 90's a bit, might see what i can come up although its been MANY years. I never did get back to you either Cammy (and various others) in my thread about which arcade stick to buy, but your choice has me very interested , but anyway, sorry about that

All in all, you are brilliant Cammy, great work on bringing all this to our attention!
Old 06 July 2009, 06:55   #14
mihcael
Zone Friend

Check this out too, free music and sfx fro games.

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48320

Quote:
Hi!
Just wanted to invite all who may be interested to my site: http://www.oceancrafts.net.

Any of you who are in the process of authoring games etc. are welcome to use my own royalty-free music and sound effects offered for download on this site.

It would be cool if you did.

Thank you!
Old 06 July 2009, 16:49   #15
ImmortalA1000

Hi, this probably isn't the right place to ask this (sorry) but as there is probably a few musicians here I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

I am trying to recreate a few tunes from an old 80s Konami arcade game and was wondering if there is a good way of extracting just the instrument samples from the MAME ROMs if indeed there are any or any other way to go about this so I have the tools to make a MOD file out of them?

Thanks
Old 06 July 2009, 18:03   #16
WayneK

It very much depends on the game - if they're early 80's Konami stuff, I suspect the music is FM (YM or similar) soundchip, apart from some soundfx and horrible 4/8bit hissy speech samples like "1UP" or something :P For some games you can check the dipswitch settings to find a soundtest mode - some of these will allow you to play through all the samples in the rom individually, which is a godsend for mod-converting...
Old 06 July 2009, 18:35   #17
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneK View Post
For some games you can check the dipswitch settings to find a soundtest mode - some of these will allow you to play through all the samples in the rom individually, which is a godsend for mod-converting...
Alternatively, you can give a try to M1, which is especially made to play music and samples and saving them:
http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=223
Old 07 July 2009, 06:37   #18
ImmortalA1000

Very useful info I had no idea about sound tests thank you, I will give it a try.

The music is for Nemesis, and if I tell you I am halfway through amigaizing the graphics for level 1 of Nemesis I think you can guess where this is going[very slowly] :

And yes it is a Yamaha chip but luckily not the rubbish one from the Spectrum or Atari ST abominations
Old 07 July 2009, 15:41   #19
wilshy

Hmmmm, wondering whether to polish off my A1200 and make some music again for these projects.
Old 08 July 2009, 19:19   #20
Egg Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
And yes it is a Yamaha chip but luckily not the rubbish one from the Spectrum or Atari ST abominations
If you are looking after arcade like sound type, you can give a try to "Art Of Noise" on the Amiga. It's a tracker that can provide, I guess, up to 8 FM synthesis (2 operators) voices.

http://aminet.net/package/mus/edit/ArtOfNoise