English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 14 March 2012, 18:20   #101
msantos

ok. I just did the test and will it all works perfect. perfect sound in the menu, I tried 6 games: canon fodder, project x, SWIV, overdrive, monkey island and outrun Europe and all perfect. perfect sound perfect control. great!
I did the test on a PC with win7 64bit.

what proves later on a PC with win7 32bit.
Old 14 March 2012, 19:38   #102
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Can you give me the link to the one synchro sent you Retrofan(anyone) ..there might be somthing wrong with the one I am using
..??
Originally Posted by synchro
Whoops....Only just saw this......i did upload it to one of my sites ( just had the room ) i sent retrofan and msantos the link so dunno how they got on ?
Old 14 March 2012, 20:51   #103
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hey... it works!! I've only had to run it as administrator and everything's fine. Well, no, the quick finder doesn't work to me, as always since the C64 and Amiga launchers.

BTW I reinstalled it, just to be sure, and this time the installation progress was showed all the time.

I regret what I said about the point of making it; I thought that I was going to have the WinUAE window always. No, it's as good or better than the Amiga Launcher.

Edit: Spannernick I've sent it to you, of course.

BTW: msantos did you try the Arcade launcher running it as administrator? (Although I hadn't)

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 March 2012 at 21:19.
Old 14 March 2012, 21:41   #104
msantos

I have tried it in win7 32bit also and although I get an error at the beginning directx (I think I have not updated) menu works perfect, perfect sound. I tried a game and works perfect.

i don't try the arcade launcher in administrator mode...retrofan...
Old 14 March 2012, 21:53   #105
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Aha.....i have an option for that so it automaticly runs in administrator mode......i will make the alteration....one more thing guys.....i honestly tried it on 7 pc's today i did the rounds to my mates and they worked flawlessy....i have one more theory....

Are you all in the UK ? As this software i use is made in the uk i wondered if there could be an funny effects on any software you guys may use ?
Old 14 March 2012, 21:56   #106
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Well... just to say, Synchro, that you are complaining about few people trying this and that you don't post your link.

Edit: No, I'm in Summer now... in the Canary Islands, Lanzarote.

The only thing I find in common in both PC's that don't work (quick finder) for me with your launchers (by now) is a problem with the keyboard (keyrah in one and in my Advent I don't have the right keymap).

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 March 2012 at 22:04.
Old 14 March 2012, 22:00   #107
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Well... just to say, Synchro, that you are complaining about few people trying this and that you don't post your link.

Edit: No, I'm in Summer now... in the Canary Islands, Lanzarote.
Im not allowed to post the link on this forum....otherwise i would...Thats why i mailed it to you....and i wasnt complaining i just meant i needed more info to go on by more people....anyone asks for the link il happily mail it to them

Also....Retrofan you may have solved the problem !! .....i need to redo something then give you another link to try again if you dont mind

Last edited by synchro; 14 March 2012 at 22:10.
Old 14 March 2012, 22:03   #108
msantos

dear friend synchro

plans to launch final versions? or upgradable with more games?

as you plan to do?. could create a blog and work together. I could work with portable arcade mame I have and more portable to other consoles and retro comprehensive blog.
Old 14 March 2012, 22:19   #109
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by msantos View Post
I have tried it in win7 32bit also and although I get an error at the beginning directx (I think I have not updated) menu works perfect, perfect sound. I tried a game and works perfect.

i don't try the arcade launcher in administrator mode...retrofan...
The Directx isnt me thats because im using the latest winuae....it requires the latest directx version version...

Edit....Like your idea but let me try to get these errors sorted first
Old 14 March 2012, 22:44   #110
msantos

right. i update directx and works fine. without error. perfect.

win7 64 bit perfect

win7 32 bit perfect
Old 14 March 2012, 22:53   #111
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
right. i update directx and works fine. without error. perfect.

win7 64 bit perfect

win7 32 bit perfect
Thank you.... Thank you !!

I was all but ready to give up earlier today but between you guys you have given me new hope and maybe solved the prob yourselves

Im gonna replace the one i uploaded to my server last night with a new one that has " Run as administrator " enabled.....Its gonna take a couple of hours so il do it shortly...uploading always takes longer

Then if your willing to download again it should iron out 99% of the problem.....If it works then i should be able to rectify the mame launcher as well....and any of the others that may have had the problems...maybe even the quickfind will work
Old 14 March 2012, 22:56   #112
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
dear friend synchro

plans to launch final versions? or upgradable with more games?

as you plan to do?. could create a blog and work together. I could work with portable arcade mame I have and more portable to other consoles and retro comprehensive blog.
Tried the arcade exe you sent me it works great.....But can you configure them ? They only open in a window
Old 14 March 2012, 23:15   #113
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've tried to update my Directx in Windows 7 64 bits and it's already updated.... My only idea to have the quick finder working is to try (yes, it sounds veeeeeery improbable) with another usb keyboard.
Old 14 March 2012, 23:26   #114
msantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
Tried the arcade exe you sent me it works great.....But can you configure them ? They only open in a window

I open my all in full screen ... it's very rare that that happens you are configured for full screen
Old 15 March 2012, 00:33   #115
spannernick
Retro Nuts

I have some good news...
It works on COS Vision 64 bit but Turrican 2 do not play but most of the game i clicked on work..
Old 15 March 2012, 00:48   #116
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I just want to know why I can use the quick finder in the Commodore launcher and the Amiga laucher and I can't in the rest of them...
Old 15 March 2012, 12:01   #117
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I just want to know why I can use the quick finder in the Commodore launcher and the Amiga laucher and I can't in the rest of them...
Yep thats a wierd one....I have replaced the demo you downloaded with a version that has " run as administrator " set as default so you shouldnt have any problems installin and running now
i will implement it into all the other launchers as well.....whether it will make a difference to the quick launch im not sure about until its tested.

Did anyone try the workbench button ?

I may replace it with an Info/Controls page...what do you think ? it will leave room for more games

Update....Fixed Turrican2 for next release......gonna add more games though before i upload again

Last edited by synchro; 15 March 2012 at 12:11.
Old 15 March 2012, 12:06   #118
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
I have some good news...
It works on COS Vision 64 bit but Turrican 2 do not play but most of the game i clicked on work..
Thats great news.....your right turrican II isnt working i will look into it as well.

Update....Fixed Turrican2 for next release......gonna add more games though before i upload again
Any special requests ? favorite game preferably not shed loads

Last edited by synchro; 15 March 2012 at 12:12.
Old 15 March 2012, 17:03   #119
msantos

one on one larry bird Vs Dr J!!!! for amiga and commodore 64 versions!!! please!!!!!
Old 15 March 2012, 20:51   #120
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
Thats great news.....your right turrican II isnt working i will look into it as well.

Any special requests ? favorite game preferably not shed loads
Here are some games I would like to see:

On c64

Bc II Grogs Revenge, Bounty Bob Strikes Back.

On Amiga

Turrican1 and 3 ,Nightbreed,Pinball Dreams,Pinball Fantasies,Gods.

Thats is for now..all I can think of..

When the new release is ready can you send me the link and I add it to cbm borg asap